Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been wandering, can you use MBTI to create an effective team?

To put it precisely, there are, for example, various types that are described as being effective leaders, but the leader is only one member of a group, there are other roles in a team as well.

So if your were to make a team of say around 4 - 6 people, what types would you choose to have on that team and to fulfill what roles within the team? If the purpose of the team matters, i.e what kind of problem they are attempting to solve or fix, then what combinations are more favorable for what circumstances?

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
What kind of team? Work team or sports team? Because in the second case I can get all those ESFP girls to cheerlead :D

·
Banned
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha :)

I mean a team intending to provide a solution to a problem, for example I would say that a leader would best be ENFJ, ENTJ or ESTJ.

But the leader is only responsable for leading, so you may need some types who are better at producing ideas, and also comlpliment each other, so a type that is capable of theorizing (N) and a type who is better a applying the theories to a realistic solution ( perhaps S). Also, there may be other types which also help bridge to connection between these to types if the xSxx and xNxx are having trouble with each other.

Essentially, what I am speculating is that there are combinations of types that utilise the strengths of each other in order to provide a team of people who work well together.

·
Registered
7,384 Posts
I don't know what kind of team you're talking about, but my team would include an ISTJ and ISTP to do physical work and an INTP and ENTP for ideas. An ENTJ, INTJ, or ESTJ can be the leader.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts