Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sevens have a talent for getting a project up and running. They are ideas people, creative, lateral thinkers. You own a huge record company? hell, why not buy and airline, or fly a hot-air balloon around the world, and while you are on a roll with transport, a few trains would be fun. Yes, you've guessed it - entrepreneur Richard Branson displays all the typcial traits of a Seven. He has the warm charm, boyish behaviour, and "Let's do it" attitude. Now, it probably has not struck you at allin what I have written about Sevens so far that they are a Fear type. At the top of the fear triad, Sevens deal with it by going out to play; they rationalise their fear.

Type Seven personalities, when they grew to an age where they become conscious of the terrors that existed in the world around them, protected themselves by pretending they simply didn't exist. Their attention turned to multiple options instead, to dreaming about future plans. When life gets tough, the Sevens get going - off to where they won't have to face the pain and discomfort. The world of the Seven child seemed limiting, frustrating; the strategy evolved to avoid that pain, they became gluttons for new ideas and for interesting things to do.

How Sevens can nurture themselves and help themselves grow

1. Focus on what you have, rather than what you dream of getting.
  2. Stitch on your shadow! Include the dark side of your life. Talk about problems with friends and look at them as a fascinating unknown.
  3. Regular exercise helps.
  4. Start a journal and do check backs on your feelings at a given time.
  5. Regularise your meals and sleep BEFORE exhaustion sets in.
  6. Negotiate chill time with friends and/or family.
  7. Balance between the 'talking' and 'listening'. so that others have some air time...
  8. Notice when you try to rationalise something in order to cover an uncomfortable feeling.
  9. Stay focused on the now and not future projects... Ok one future project!
  10. When the urge to 'get going' arises. take a deep breath and make a commitment to finish the project and develop constancy.
  11. Read only one book at a time - Ok two, but just two!
  12. Feel gratitude daily in your life and do not fear that you don't have enough, you have plenty of what you need...
  13. Be conscious of your habit of gluttony to enable yourself to change it, and to invite in the transformation to the opposite - constancy.
How you can help me if I'm a Seven

- Encourage me to focus and prioritise.
- Help me to take time to be still and reflect.

Excerpt from "Enneagram for the Spirit" by Mary Horsley

·
Iron Fist
3,684 Posts
wow, very useful. thanks.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Wow. It's as if the writer of this article read my mind...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts