Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems that type six is commonly known as a super ego type, but this doesn't make sense to me at all. Type six is about survival, and doing whatever it takes to have security. When I was younger for instance I used to do all sorts of dishonest things I knew were wrong, because I wanted to have security and getting what I thought I needed to survive was far more important to me. Am I missing something here? Following rules and creating rules has always been very unimportant to me other than the fact that I've never wanted security taken away as punishment for not following them. I just can't see much super ego desire in me. Deep down it seems I really just have a desire to have security whatever it takes, which seems far more id.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Superego means that it creates structures and fragments the psyche, which is something that the type 6 does. The superego acts as a way of creating a sense of understanding and disavowing other aspects of us that are not acceptable to us, essentially creating a shadow which becomes inaccessible to us. The projections that a 6 sees are those of the disavowed elements that is a direct reflection of its shadow.

A 6 that makes it unacceptable to be angry at himself will suddenly find all others angry with them because its unacceptable for them to consider their own self-anger and so its existence must be transffered elsewhere, so it projects onto others.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Superego means that it creates structures and fragments the psyche, which is something that the type 6 does. The superego acts as a way of creating a sense of understanding and disavowing other aspects of us that are not acceptable to us, essentially creating a shadow which becomes inaccessible to us. The projections that a 6 sees are those of the disavowed elements that is a direct reflection of its shadow.

A 6 that makes it unacceptable to be angry at himself will suddenly find all others angry with them because its unacceptable for them to consider their own self-anger and so its existence must be transffered elsewhere, so it projects onto others.
Thanks. That explains it really well.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I am a 6W5. As a six, your friend's behavior sounds somewhat uncomfortably familiar to me. I know this is a personality site, so I will encourage you to consider your friend's instinctual variants and wing. However, perhaps more importantly, I encourage you to consider your friend's love language. Check out a book called the five love languages, by Gary Chapman. You want to care for your friend, and I think the lessons in this book are more likely to allow your friend to feel your love than a better understanding of his personality type.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts