Personality Cafe banner

Type Skream (Possible ENTP Triple Withdrawn)

2K views 23 replies 4 participants last post by  Ember 
#1 ·
Main Questions

1. What drives you in life? What do you look for?

I don't really know what drives me. I am just living the days of my life as they come. That sounds very go-with-the-flow but I can't stop thinking about the future, either. I don't like thinking about 'where I'd be 10 years down the line.' I look forward to seeing how things actually work out, attending concerts, filling up psychological questionnaires to assess what I am (because I have started to feel rare now.) I look to improve myself, improve things around me as much as I can and if I did have control over those things. I am almost mostly there to help my friends out but I suck at maintaining relationships of any kind for a long time. I avoid unpleasant things, a lot. I procrastinate easily. I look for peace, and having a good time, which screws me later. I constantly scrutinize a lot of things in life and wonder how they would be if I made them or at least laid down the schematics for making them.

2. What do you hope to accomplish in your life?

Hmm, I'd like to start converging my hopes and expectations because my hopes are usually much higher than my expectations. I want to love myself a lot more, and be at peace with everyone around me. I like discussions and debates but those of the peaceful kind. I want to make a change to the society in one way or the other so that there's probably at least some meaning to my existence. I want to be novel in my career field.

3. What do you hope to avoid doing or being? What values are important to you?

I'll not much of the value-driven person but I wouldn't want to be a 'sheep in society', always be open-minded and accept criticism well. I'd like to always look at things from different view-points before coming to conclusions, be independent and self-sufficient as much as I can without secluding myself from society completely. Treat others the way I'd want them to treat me.

I hope to avoid being a failure in whatever I do, and not be overcome by this so-called depression. I want to be as different as I can and fit-in, too (I don't care much for fitting in but as long as people can relate to me in some way.)

4. What are your biggest fears (not including phobias)? Why?

I am afraid of failing, not doing things as well as I expected myself to do (a little bit of a perfectionist.) My attachment style is 'preoccupied', and so, I am a little anxious in personal relationships, too. I have a vague idea about how I could be in ideal situations and when I cannot meet those high expectations of myself, I detach myself or become fantasy-prone.

5. How do you want others to see you? How do you see yourself?

Aaah, see me however you will. Don't misjudge me if you can. I hate 'How do you see yourself' questions. I think I am creative, intelligent, socially awkward, higher than average EQ, unassertive, laid-back, accepting, etc.

6. What makes you feel your best? What makes you feel your worst?

When things just work out. When I am 'pleasantly surprised.' I feel good when I think I have been able to help someone significantly (relative term.) Minimum effort, maximum outcome.

When things seem to go out of hand, and you can refer to question 4.

7. Describe how you experience each of: a) anger; b) shame; c) anxiety.

I am slow to anger but when I do, I'm pretty furious. I get irritated easily and I hate everything. I calm down pretty quick.

When I am in shame, I contemplate things a lot, and feel pathetic. Again, I don't feel shame for long.

When I'm anxious, I tend to do something completely unrelated, think of worst-case scenarios and ready myself for the worst.

8. Describe how you respond to each of: a) stress; b) unexpected change; c) conflict.

When I am stressed, I look pretty calm and laid-back. Subconsciously, it's probably pretty bad. I act a little different. I get irritated easily.

I am quite accepting in that regard but if it's something I dislike, I'll try to go back to how things were or simply go, "meh."

I do not like conflict but I take criticism well. I try to avoid them as much as I can maybe even go out of my way to, a little.

9. Describe your orientation to: a) authority; b) power. How do you respond to these?

I don't have a problem with authority as long as they're doing their work properly and are doing as they promised to do so. As long as the rules are reasonable and well thought-out.

"Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

10. What is your overall outlook on life and humanity?

People exist in various shades of grey. One must approach humanity with both logic and emotion. Life is alright, as long as you have something to work towards. I don't have that something. If it helps, my D&D Alignment is "True Neutral."

11. Discuss an event that has impacted your life significantly; more importantly, how you responded to it.

Not applicable. Whatever little has happened made me realize I should work harder and actually work rather than think about it into nothingness. I should stop rationalizing my procrastination and lack-of-care.

12. Comment on your relationship with trust.

I trust easily but I am quite the cynic. I am pessimistic, but I give people the benefit of doubt.

13. List some of the traits you: a) like; b) dislike most about yourself.

I am a good listener, flexible, mostly composed, I care for people as opposed to what my 'NT'-ness would suggest, open-minded, etc.

I procrastinate, suck at time management, unassertive, reserved around strangers.

14. What do you see or notice in others that most people don't?

What most people will notice once they've been part of a psychology/typology forum. I notice little things and read between the lines.

15. If a stranger insults you, how do you respond/feel? What if they compliment you?

"What?" I'd feel confused and not really care. I'd wonder what made them insult me in the first place and if it is justified. In rare cases, I'd ask them to "Fuck off."

I'd definitely feel good and compliment them back if I knew how to or what to say. I don't like untruthful flattery. People say I blush. What the fuck? I like pleasing people I like.

16. What's something you are: a) thankful you have; b) wish you could have? Why?

I'm thankful for those things I have taken for granted. My parents being okay-ish with how unconventional and difficult I am.

Will-power, focus, perseverance, etc. Self explanatory. I want to complete things that I start, and actually start things, too.

See less See more
#3 ·
#5 ·
I see phobic 6w7 (look at your question on trust), 9w1 and 3.
I would've considered 7w6 had you not said you were a pessimist. I'd say you're most likely a 6w7-3w2-9w1 (def. not 3 leading). You're definitely not a 5:).

Have a look at the descriptions here ( 6, 3 and 9):

1. the enneagram ...info from the underground
2. Typewatch Enneagram: Typewatch Enneagram Type Descriptions
6w7 does sound like me, although I am really, really don't feel all that fearful and phobic as described. o_o

I don't relate to 3w2 at all.

9w1 is good to go.

#9 ·
That's not the type of attitude you should be approaching the descriptions with... you can't just pick and choose which ones you like. They need to stab you in the gut. That's how enneagram works.

If you are feeling open-minded about your type/tritype, I'll do it tomorrow. Sleep time now.

#10 · (Edited)
The descriptions tend to overemphasize 'fearfulness'. P--cp is a scale. A lot of 6s don't immediately identify with it because 6s can be quite oblivious to the existential anxiety within. A better way of describing the 6 fixation, than fearful, would be "aware of uncertainty and seeking of security".

Also, describing yourself as a pessimist and everything you said about trust rules out 7w6. 7 is in the positive outlook triad, and the 7 fixation is described as an abundance (or overabundance) of optimism.

I don't see type 2 as your head fix. Which heart type do you relate to? and why?
Well, to be fair (I should mention) I do have been officially diagnosed with mild Bipolar. Recently, I have started to live by
“When you stopped wishing things wouldn't fall apart, you'd stop suffering when they did.”

I used to think I was a 4w5 up until now.

#8 ·
The descriptions tend to overemphasize 'fearfulness'. P--cp is a scale. A lot of 6s don't immediately identify with it because 6s can be quite oblivious to the existential anxiety within. A better way of describing the 6 fixation, than fearful, would be "aware of uncertainty and seeking of security".

Also, describing yourself as a pessimist and everything you said about trust rules out 7w6. 7 is in the positive outlook triad, and the 7 fixation is described as an abundance (or overabundance) of optimism.

I don't see type 2 as your heart fix. Which heart type do you relate to? and why?

#11 ·
Both Threes and Fours are concerned with image and, when the wing is strong, can mistype, although here, once again, it is typically Threes who mistype as Four rather than the converse. Threes however, are generally more comfortable with self-presentation and are more likely to achieve "success" in the conventional sense of the term than are the more reclusive and self-conscious Fours. Fours are introspective whereas Threes tend to focus outward. Finally, Threes tend to detach from emotions under stress and to focus on being competent, whereas Fours are likely to want a time out to process their emotions.

I agree with this, and I lean much towards 4 while reading both descriptions on the first link you gave me.

#13 ·
Based on the first 10 questions, I am pretty confident you are a 9. I can see a clear line to 6 during stress, and perhaps your depression might be causing this as well. There doesn't seem to be enough reactivity to be a core 6, and your approach to anger and conflict is very 9-like. Also, your laid-back and accepting attitude demonstrates this as well. 963 is possible, as is 964 (don't take my word on these yet).

Edit: Okay, your last six questions are even more 9-ish! Hope I'm not being biased, but I really think so! The only doubt in my mind is that depression can make anyone look 9-ish (due to apathy), but you do seem to have a "positive outlook" quality, despite saying you're pessimistic...

#14 ·
Yeah, as I told Boss on her profile earlier, I think I might have used the word 'pessimist' in a very broad sense.
Pretty sold on a 964. I need to post a why I prefer 4 over 3 analysis-thing here, after reading the descriptions from the links provided by Boss.

Also, I am an HSP.

#15 ·
@Spades
9s are in the positive outlook triad. He has had to overcome his propensity to expect the worst through his study of Buddhism. His phobic 6 mirrors 9. He is saying he is go with the flow, but can't stop thinking about the future. I don't see the 9s self-forgetting nature in his responses. Skream is in the head triad.

When I'm anxious, I tend to do something completely unrelated, think of worst-case scenarios and ready myself for the worst.
This is core 6, without question. 9s numb out in the face of stress. They don't think of worst-case scenarios and ready themselves.

#16 ·
@Spades
9s are in the positive outlook triad. He has had to overcome his propensity to expect the worst through his study of Buddhism. His phobic 6 mirrors 9. He is saying he is go with the flow, but can't stop thinking about the future. I don't see the 9s self-forgetting nature in his responses. Skream is in the head triad.
There are probably a lot of things I'm missing and don't know about him. I took a rather quick-and-lazy approach to this typing and perhaps glazed too quickly over the (quite 9) surface. Some more specific and in-depth questions geared toward 6 vs 9 are probably in order. Either way, both sixes and nines often think they are fours.

#18 ·
Yeah, fair enough. I got so used to doing MBTI typing threads, which pretty much is superficial (functions are much more obvious). Enneagram is far more between-the-lines.

#19 ·
The basics:
Harmonics

6s are reactive. When faced with stress or a direct challenge, their first response is to react emotionally. 6s manifest anxiety and fear, in varying degrees and presentations, as a way of drawing the support of others; their basic fear is that of lacking support, and it manifests under stress as reaching out to others for support, or, in the case of the counterphobic 6, internalizing their reactions and lashing out at others while "making do" on their own. They are prone to overestimate the severity of their situation, because their emotional response to it is so strong, and react in compensatory fashion, often doing more than is necessary to avert danger.

7s are positive outlook. They react to problems with escapism and an attitude that "everything will be ok." This is a derivative of their basic fixation: that of escaping internal pain, fleeing from it by assuming the best and making the most of whatever they find within their grasp. They are prone to underestimate the severity of their situation, and be caught in negligence of their problems.

I kind of display more of 7 here. As an example, my girlfriend and I just gave the Common Law Admission Test, and even though she did better than I did, she was more upset than me, and she was way more anxious than I was. I just tend to expect the worst so that I don't get disappointed, and I hardly do get disappointed. Although, I had no drive or motivation to do well. I was almost close to apathetic towards these exams so maybe that's a reason I didn't feel too bad. The only thing I don't feel comfortable with 6w7 is that I don't feel the need for a 'secure-place' or hold on to something.

Social Styles

6s are Compliant in their social dealings. They tend to act either in accord or directly against what they feel is expected of them in a given environment, depending on their orientation (phobic or counterphobic). Counterphobic 6s often look like Assertive styles (esp. with a 7 wing) in that they seem to "go against the grain" (Hunter S. Thompson and Georgia O'Keefe are good examples of this), but in reality their stance is a reactionary one, rather than that of asserting their own values.

7s exhibit the Assertive social style. They tend to embody their own values, which they rarely contemplate or doubt. They are often extremists in terms of fashion, proclaimed views or values, and generally what they present to the world at large. 7s with a 6 wing tend to be somewhat more "nervous" about this than those with an 8 wing, but have a sort of stubborn, almost naive willfulness about them, rather than the counterphobic 6s determination to assert themselves, or the 6s typically willful compliance.

I display more 6 here.

Object Relations

6s have Attachment object relations. They tend to find something they value and latch on to it. This is usually most obvious in their intellectual and intimate pursuits: they want very much to hold on to the things that they feel anchor them in reality and in the concrete world. 6s are fearful at their core, and need to feel that they have support structures that are there to back them up if anything goes wrong; they tend to become disconcerted, even distraught or frantic, when an idea or relationship that they place high stakes in is subjected to disturbance.

7s have Frustration object relations. 7w6's tend to flit from one thing to the next, always in search of the next high, the next best friend, the next intellectual pursuit, etc. They often make and break friendships easily, and tend to be wanderers. They will often latch on to a new idea, friend, hobby, or pursuit of some kind, master or exhaust or wring it dry as quickly as possible, and move on to the next, often with a sense of wist or frustration coming from the 6wing, but ultimately resigned to a sort of perpetual internal impermanence.

I know it's wrong to mix JCF with Enneagram but, the my Ne-dom clashes with Type 6 here. I'll strike the things I don't agree with.
------

From a more generalized standpoint, 7w6s are one of the "lightest" types, often very sociable, friendly, and ingratiating; 6w7s may be very sociable, but they often have a core group of friends with which they surround themselves. It may be a looser collective, but as long as they know they have people to rely on, they are ok, even if it's not always the same ones; 7w6s are the most socially flighty of any type in the socion, often moving from one social group or "best pal" to the next, always with the internal assumption that they will eventually tire of their attzachments, feeling restricted by the connections and frustrated at having exhausted how "interesting" certain people can be, and that something new or better can and will come along eventually.

6s of all kinds harbor internal anxiety almost constantly, although 6w7s are less continuously aware of it because they are more likely than 5 wings to engage in social escapism and various indulgences, whereas the 6w5 tends to be rather ascetic socially, apart from what is necessary to maintain their social needs, expansion of interests, and sense of security. sx-first 6w7s tend to be reliable, steady friends who are always there when their inner circle needs them, ready to answer the phone at night or pull you out of a sticky situation; 6s often project in the sense that they want to be relied upon so that they will be able to rely on others in return.
10 char .

#20 ·
I don't see the level of apathy that comes with a depressed 9. Certainly depression (usually) comes with apathy in general, but it's different from the 9's "zombie" quality.

So yeah, I see 6w7-9w1-4w3. Not sure of your variant; my gut says you're not soc-last, but I've nothing to back that up.

Reason why I suggest 6w7 over 7w6 is... Well, most of what @Boss says. You're more likely to see the bad before you see the good, as a 6. Your most recent post here makes me wonder if you're not so/sx or sx/so. Most 6s aren't sp-last, and the sp instinct is what gives (a lot of) the need for a "secure place." Being sp-last would give more of a need for a "secure person."

I think the 9w1 is certainly your fix, but not your core. I don't see you forgetting about things. Oh, you might claim to forget about things in order to get out of doing them, but... do you really? Avoiding things is both 9 and p6. 9s truly do forget things, while 6s tend to pretend to forget things. Some 6s have a poor memory, like myself, but we're a lot more focused on what we should be doing. 6s are centered around shoulds (being a superego type), which are subjective to the person.

I see 4w3 because you mention a few times that you want to contribute, not be a failure, etc.. But I don't preclude, at all, the possibility of you being 4w5. But, to be frank, I think there's a large possibility that the reason you look like 9 and 4w5 is simply because you're depressed.

In fact, you might want to consider getting some help and becoming un-depressed before you start trying to type yourself. Not saying you're impossible to be typed right now, but depression can make it hard. I have dysthymia myself, sorry to hear what you're going through :(

#21 ·
@Skream

Yeah, after reading that other thread, I still see more 3 influence than I'd expect otherwise. I don't think your heart-fix is 4w5.

If it helps, I related to you a bit. I was called smart, but also "lazy." I pretty much detest most formal schooling unless I'm very much interested in the subject. I never really felt like I had this One Thing I was great at ("jack of all trades").

Sticking with 6w7 :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.