Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious to see how this goes. You can write anything, be it general news, an opinion, some work of yours, feelings - whatever you wish, basically.

I'll take the helm on this one:

His lies I’ve heard, too many times,
No more can I forgive his crimes,
He fell away to darkest depths,
A man of honour, now laid to rest.

No longer a hero, shall he be known,
His whimpering echoes, as he trembles alone,
And wonders where to go now,
What men will take his false vows?

The castle he had claimed before,
Through stones and walls the deceived tore,
Revenge they now swore,
A solemn vow they bore.

So now the deceived man sings alone,
A drunken fool on an empty throne,
Into the shadows,
Empty and hallowed.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Curious to see how this goes. You can write anything, be it general news, an opinion, some work of yours, feelings - whatever you wish, basically.

I'll take the helm on this one:

His lies I’ve heard, too many times,
No more can I forgive his crimes,
He fell away to darkest depths,
A man of honour, now laid to rest.

No longer a hero, shall he be known,
His whimpering echoes, as he trembles alone,
And wonders where to go now,
What men will take his false vows?

The castle he had claimed before,
Through stones and walls the deceived tore,
Revenge they now swore,
A solemn vow they bore.

So now the deceived man sings alone,
A drunken fool on an empty throne,
Into the shadows,
Empty and hallowed.
ESFJ/ENFJ

Here's mine:

Murmur

Sometimes I lie awake at night
Mind cluttered with the sound of
Thoughts, many and quick like dust
Rising up, echoing through the spaces
Underneath my closed, sleepless eyes--
I dream now because I cannot later.

I wait, sometimes patient, sometimes frantic,
For a frenzy so painful that I have no
Choice but to succumb to sleep
Slumber that cloaks me in a hazy
Fog, at least until the new day comes
And fills me with new thoughts.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ESFJ/ENFJ

Here's mine:

Murmur

Sometimes I lie awake at night
Mind cluttered with the sound of
Thoughts, many and quick like dust
Rising up, echoing through the spaces
Underneath my closed, sleepless eyes--
I dream now because I cannot later.

I wait, sometimes patient, sometimes frantic,
For a frenzy so painful that I have no
Choice but to succumb to sleep
Slumber that cloaks me in a hazy
Fog, at least until the new day comes
And fills me with new thoughts.
Almost certainly an introverted lead. As it focuses on a continuous pattern rather than a single occurence, I would guess Pi over Pe. I would personally guess ISFJ from this; though Ni-dominant is quite possible too.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Almost certainly an introverted lead. As it focuses on a continuous pattern rather than a single occurence, I would guess Pi over Pe. I would personally guess ISFJ from this; though Ni-dominant is quite possible too.
Interesting. I've never gotten that before.
I'm usually mistaken as INTJ and ENTP.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Interesting. I've never gotten that before.
I'm usually mistaken as INTJ and ENTP.
As I've just looked now, you're an INTP. INTP and ISFJ could easily come across as one another. What I read above must a manifestation of your Si; and since it's in your stack it's not remotely abnormal for an INTP to be expressing it.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wonder if this would make one think differently:

She claims me in a cold embrace,
The storm dances and her breasts are, like her embrace, cold,
We lie for a little while… I think of running away…
But I want to stay…

The mountains are foggy, and dusk has departed,
She’s frightened, I hold her tight,
The cold sept into her bruise, that much I can feel.

I lie down, weakened; myself bruised by the day.
She lays asleep now, her enchanted, innocent body,
Her hair sways with the sky’s stormy swirls,
Her lips, they beckon me…

·
Registered
6,303 Posts
I wonder if this would make one think differently:

She claims me in a cold embrace,
The storm dances and her breasts are, like her embrace, cold,
We lie for a little while… I think of running away…
But I want to stay…

The mountains are foggy, and dusk has departed,
She’s frightened, I hold her tight,
The cold sept into her bruise, that much I can feel.

I lie down, weakened; myself bruised by the day.
She lays asleep now, her enchanted, innocent body,
Her hair sways with the sky’s stormy swirls,
Her lips, they beckon me…
Maybe ESTP- lots of Se and Fe.

You said I'm as beautiful as a daisy, but you never asked if I want to be pulled out of the ground. Who gave you the right to hold me like I was sunflower to light up your day? You call yourself a gardener, and you couldn't be more wrong: a gardener lets his flowers grow to be a magnificent beauty, and you murder them mercilessly. Why did you kill me? What did I do to make you slaughter me like that? Now I know no one will ever hold me. I will dry up and lose my soul, and it's all thanks to you. Now there's nothing left for me rather than death. Now I want to die. You trap me in a can of water, thinking that displaying my ruins would cover up the suffering; well, it's not. And it never will.

·
Registered
9,085 Posts
Se-something, very sensual, and I see some traces off those Ni-esque comparisons. I'll say ISFP for all the feeling-ish stuff, but really I don't know.

Thank you for sharing, though! All of your poetry really, all the poems that have been posted are wonderful, and I don't know about you all but for me it takes a lot for me to share my poetry.

I don't have anything to share right now -- I've been looking for a paragraph from one of my history essays but I don't seem to have one readily available -- except I do have a little story I wrote on my iPad. It's terrible and unedited, but I'm curious if you would pick up my character's personality type or mine from it.

Edit: Sorry, that was for Lord ---! Ill comment on yours momentarily, @Gray Romantic

Edit again: oh wow, that's sad... and deep. I'll say INFJ, because again the comparisons seemed of the Ni sort and the feeling inflicted by someone else's cruelty, knowing how the felt and such seems a little Fe (but the Fe isn't as strong here as the Ni).

But keep in mind I've never typed by writings before, and I'm not the best typer to start with.

Reactions: Lord Fudgingsley

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Se-something, very sensual, and I see some traces off those Ni-esque comparisons. I'll say ISFP for all the feeling-ish stuff, but really I don't know.

Thank you for sharing, though! All of your poetry really, all the poems that have been posted are wonderful, and I don't know about you all but for me it takes a lot for me to share my poetry.

I don't have anything to share right now -- I've been looking for a paragraph from one of my history essays but I don't seem to have one readily available -- except I do have a little story I wrote on my iPad. It's terrible and unedited, but I'm curious if you would pick up my character's personality type or mine from it.

Edit: Sorry, that was for Lord ---! Ill comment on yours momentarily, @Gray Romantic
I actually was about to say "I second ISFP", referring to Gray Romantic.

Yeah, I'd like to try and discern your character's type and make a guess at yours. Please share.

·
Registered
6,303 Posts

Edit again: oh wow, that's sad... and deep. I'll say INFJ, because again the comparisons seemed of the Ni sort and the feeling inflicted by someone else's cruelty, knowing how the felt and such seems a little Fe (but the Fe isn't as strong here as the Ni).

But keep in mind I've never typed by writings before, and I'm not the best typer to start with.
Hehe that is sad :D INFJ is logical, considering everyone seems more introvert in writing xD Thank you so much!
Do share your story, I'll try guessing the type of your character.

·
Registered
9,085 Posts
[sorry, double post!]

·
Registered
9,085 Posts
Alright then... Sorry it's so long, but I don't have a revealing paragraph as you did, Gray Romantic. It's really a bad piece, but just something I wrote one day after a dry spell to get words down. It was from some silly Tumblr writing prompt.

He left in the morning to get water – every morning – without complaint. He did most things without complaint now. Of course he always had, but it was more apparent now in their time of hardship. He didn’t smile so much or babble quite as frequently, but when he did it was genuine. Nothing was forced here. “You can leave, you know,” she had told him once. Only once. The way he had reacted then was enough to show her that there was no need for such a request again.
“I miss them, you know.” It was sunset now, and they sat outside looking over a sparce patch of grass that preceded the wild, ever-growing forest. “I miss them a lot.”
“I know.” Her voice was quiet, different from the commanding tone she used most the time to get things done. “Trust me, Kevin… I know.”
“I don’t even…” He was quiet too, different from the loud booming voice he sometimes acquired when talking with the townsfolk. “It wasn’t like… like Hannah and William, you – “
“Yeah, I know.”
“It… it wasn’t like that. I didn’t feel that way about any of them.”
“I know.”
“But I loved them.”
“Yeah.”
“I loved them a lot.”
“Nobody ever doubted that.”
“Do you think they ever miss me?” There was anxiety in his voice. Desperation. “I mean, do you think they ever think of us?”
“Who knows?”
“No one knows, of course…”
“No one knows anything.”
“Yeah, I know, I know that’s what you think…”
“It’s true.”
“Okay, but like… I mean…”
“Yeah, they miss us.” She didn’t know what happened to them. She had grabbed her brother as soon as she knew there was certain danger, and she hadn’t looked back. Kevin had. “But they know why we left. They understand.”
“Do they?” When she didn’t answer, he added more softly, “are they even alive?”
She wanted to reassure him, easily say “Of course they are,” but the time of fairy tales had passed. “I don’t know, Kevin,” she answered at last. “Maybe we’ll never know.”
“Sometimes I wish we had stayed.”
“And been killed?”
“It would have been the right thing.”
“To die?” Even she was surprised by her tone. Usually it was him asking the questions.
“To live,” he whispered. “To live and die for something you believed in.”
They fell silent then. He blamed her. This she knew. She didn’t have time to worry herself over such small things as his opinion of her.
“It’s nice here,” he said after a while. “Things are simpler.”
It had been weeks before they came to this place, the little oasis that had been rumored about by those they passed on the road. Where Canada once existed now stood a scarce bunch of settlements that China was too busy to worry about taking over just yet. Sometimes they came there for wood – as the European settlers themselves once had – but mostly just left the area alone. The oil deposits were gone now anyway, so there was no need to do too much with the land. That’s how the townspeople relayed it, anyway. Yasmine sometimes just had to come to terms with the idea that there was so much more in the world than the Community and political system she had grown up in.
They must have spent too long staring at the gathering darkness, because it was Kevin who stood up and walked back inside. “Love you, Yasmine,” he told her, his tone returning to his usual moderately cheerful lilt. “I’ll see you in the morning.”
“Don’t forget the water. I need it if you want food – “
“Sure, Yasmine.” He kissed her on the cheek and she watched as he went inside the little log cabin they had been given out of mercy from the townspeople.
This wasn’t what she imagined freedom would be, but she liked it nonetheless.

Reactions: Adena and Theobruh

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Alright then... Sorry it's so long, but I don't have a revealing paragraph as you did, Gray Romantic. It's really a bad piece, but just something I wrote one day after a dry spell to get words down.
Regarding the overall story, I can definitely gauge Fe in the writer's intent. These are your beliefs, these are your characters; these are beings brought to life by you. You want us to know about the social dynamics and the context of the place; there's little focus on an individual character's thoughts; your writing expresses the bigger situation far more than any sole character.

I'll read a bit longer and see if I can find Kevin and Yasmine's possible types.

My first thought is that Yasmine is ESFJ, maybe ENFJ. Kevin, I'm leaning INTP for. I relate to Kevin quite a bit.

It sounds like the dynamic I've always had with strong Fe types. They don't see things the way I do, but they "get" me.

·
Registered
627 Posts
As I've just looked now, you're an INTP. INTP and ISFJ could easily come across as one another. What I read above must a manifestation of your Si; and since it's in your stack it's not remotely abnormal for an INTP to be expressing it.
That makes sense! I also write poetry in a completely different way than research papers/essays.

Would that be too dry to post?

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That makes sense! I also write poetry in a completely different way than research papers/essays.

Would that be too dry to post?
I don't particularly fancy reading a research paper. However, someone else here... might.

·
Registered
9,085 Posts
Regarding the overall story, I can definitely gauge Fe in the writer's intent. These are your beliefs, these are your characters; these are beings brought to life by you. You want us to know about the social dynamics and the context of the place; there's little focus on an individual character's thoughts; your writing expresses the bigger situation far more than any sole character.

I'll read a bit longer and see if I can find Kevin and Yasmine's possible types.

My first thought is that Yasmine is ESFJ, maybe ENFJ. Kevin, I'm leaning INTP for. I relate to Kevin quite a bit.

It sounds like the dynamic I've always had with strong Fe types. They don't see things the way I do, but they "get" me.
Thank you for your comments! That gives me some insight. Kevin's supposed to be ENFP and Yasmine is supposed to be INTJ. Hopefully it's clearer when I'm writing their first person parts in my actual story than here in this tiny AU Tumblr-prompted story. I'll have to look up how to write Fi. Thank you again for your thoughts!

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thank you for your comments! That gives me some insight. Kevin's supposed to be ENFP and Yasmine is supposed to be INTJ. Hopefully it's clearer when I'm writing their first person parts in my actual story than here in this tiny AU Tumblr-prompted story. I'll have to look up how to write Fi. Thank you again for your thoughts!
I can't write Fi to save my life. Tried writing something with ISFP and ISTP main characters; the ISTP really hasn't been that difficult. ISFP... I couldn't make them come across the way I wanted to. It stopped seeming natural.

·
Registered
6,303 Posts

I second this. Yasmine is probably ESFJ, though. It reminds me of me and my ISTP dad.

Ohh and it's nice that you guys are saying there's Ni in the writing cause I'm doubting my Ni lately "D

1 - 20 of 59 Posts