Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Realizing that I have a very crude and flimsy understanding of cognitive functions, I've recently "de-typed" myself and am going to spend time honing my understanding of them before trying to see if I fit a type label again.

I thought an interesting way to do it would be to put out common strains of thought and behavior that I experience and solicit for some outside perspectives on what cognitive functions might underlie them. I invite other people to participate as well.

I'll start off with a thought of my own that I experience commonly:

"I can't give accurate answers to this multiple choice questionnaire about my sociopolitical beliefs. It is loaded with hidden categorical and metaethical presuppositions that assume there is only one mode of interpretation and set of possible answers - one that structurally excludes other possible conceptualizations, including my own."

What do you think?

·
Registered
749 Posts
^ Ne, that's a huge problem I have with multi-choice questions. Then I start to resent the teacher and feel they're loading things to further their own beliefs and corrupt other students with dogmas.

Yeah, the next person can type what I italicized and provide their own comment, cuz all I got these days is Ne and more Ne :crazy:

·
MOTM Jan 2012
6,514 Posts
I'm detecting Ti in there. I have a problem with those sort of multiple choice questionnaires too...too many generalized definitions. I always end up in a "box" that doesn't describe me at all.

·
Registered
601 Posts
The framing of the thought it Ti; it exhibits scientific, precise diction and logical progression. The direction of the thought is influenced by Ne; the idea that there are many possible scenarious that cannot be encompassed by distict categories, would be something that the hyper creative Ne mind would come up with.
I agree with the thought; however, I think the lables can be useful as long as you retain your ability to read between the lines.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts