Personality Cafe banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
>0. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.

I'm 17, male, and currently on antidepressants and sleeping medication.

>1. Click on this (https://www.flickr.com/photos/mlvphotography/37302611806/in/explore-2017-09-27/) Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.)

Whoa! The first thing that strikes out is the angle of the curve the killer whale makes. The first thing I think of when I see a curve is differential calculus. A perfect example of beauty. It reminds me of a killer whale my friend painted on my arm once. Another thing that I think of is "frozen time". The blue whale is just stuck there. It would be incredible if we could just pause time like that. It also looks like a professional dart player swinging their arm. Reminds me of a pen or a stylus for some reason.

>2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?

Initial Thoughts : Nooo! Why does this have to happen today, of all days? My favorite musician. I really really like her music. Either way, there's nothing that can be done. Life's given me lemons, and it's up to me whether to become sour or make lemonade. Unforunately, I'm not an automobile engineer. Dang!

Outward Reactions : We have to solve this problem. Okay, so the only way to get to the concert fast is to call a cab and leave the car where it is. But is a concert worth losing a car over? The car might get stolen or something. The other option is to call a mechanic and hope the car gets repaired before the concert starts. This guarantees the safety of the car, but there's the possibility that we might miss the concert. But even if I went to the concert, I would constantly be anxious about the car. Sucks, but the best option here is to call a mechanic IMO. Concerts will happen again.

>3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?

I'm pretty sceptical of parties in general, they tend to be pretty boring, and unless I meet the right people, I'd just end up being frustrated. I don't know, but something in my gut says to go. After all we've been through. We go to the party.

>4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?

Inward Reaction : Meh, he's so wrong. You're so wrong. But at the same time, opposite beliefs likely have rationale behind them too.

Outward Reaction : Well, this really depends on my mood levels. If he's a really close and personal friend, I'd try to win him over by presenting compelling arguments in my favor. In the case I'm tired (which is likely the case), then I'd just ignore him and say nothing.

>5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?

My beliefs are pretty liberal in a "do whatever you want as long as it doesn't harm me" sense, so I wouldn't really care. As for habits, I can think of an example. I used to eat a lot. Now I eat healthier. I would notice how unhealthy someone's eating and remember that I once ate like that. I wouldn't judge them because I like to leave people alone. If the habits are good and will contribute to my self development, I'll pick them up.

>6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?

I'm an atheist, so the only life rule I have is that I only get one life and that I want the minimum amount of regrets on my deathbed, so I must live life fully, and do things that scare and challenge me often. I don't really think about values a lot, but passion, dedication and ambition are something I really like in a person because I have/want those qualities.

>7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?

a) I used to think I was all unique and different when I was much younger, but experience has taught that most people have the same desires and the same driving factors. The thing that distinguishes me from most people though is that I always seem to have the most ambition, the biggest dreams, and the most inner emotional turmoil.

b) I'm pretty happy with myself personality wise, just not execution wise. I tend to be very anxious and lacking in self confidence. I would change my confidence levels.

>8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?

My hunches tend to be correct most of the time, but because I lack self confidence, I usually second guess myself and try to logically process the situation. In hindsight, I end up noticing that I could have avoided all the extra pain. They're mostly triggered by situations that entail decision making.

>9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?

a) Listening to great music, having deep and intellectually satisfying conversations, coming up with ideas, seeing new ways to solve a problem.
b)Usually anything I'm not truly interested or passionate about. If I'm not living your life the way I want, it's boring and tiring.

>10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?

I never repress my internal thought process. It flows like a river. I only choose which buckets to pull out. I try to avoid talking or reacting around other people. I like to say few but impactful words. It makes you seem cool and mysterious.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts