Personality Cafe banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello PerC. Thanks for typing my cousin who is a police officer. He agreed that ESTP suits him well, although ISTP works fine too. Next up is my uncle's friend's nephew, with whom I've been friends for a couple years. My guess is that he's ESTP or a social ISTP with narcissistic qualities based on his responses. Here are his responses:

1. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.
Not much. I'm just enjoying every day as it passes by as summer ends. I'm a 23-year old male. My current state of mind is bored, lonely, and hot. I've been staying inside my room all day under this hot weather. Beach sounds so good right now.. and ice cold lemonade...

2. What type(s) do you usually score as on tests?
I only tested twice and got ENTP and ISTP. I don't have the patience to finish the tests. Last time I took one was like a year or 2 ago.

3. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Choose 2 photos and look at each for as long as you feel that you need. Copy and paste the photos here (or write the link like example: www[dot]flickr[dot]com/photos/jacoboson/8697480741/in/explore-2013-05-01), and write your impression of each of them.

Melissa | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

I hope she's over 18. She looks clean.. cute round face, beautiful eyes, gorgeous hair--it's all there. And that TAN! I'm known to take or leave girls instantly based on their skin health and looks. In my book this girl is above-mid-eh-average. That's pretty high. Looks like someone I'd be willing to see for some time if she promises to keep staying pretty like that. This is one type of girl I'd definitely dance with in the next photo...

New Fantasyland - Prince Eric's Castle | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Perfect setting for a night club. The colors are nice, the lighting is there and there's even a stream. I love the castle medieval theme accompanied by Californian palm trees (or at least look like one). The street lights remind me of early 20th century lamp posts. That's pretty chic. I would own this place and turn it into a night club. $$$. All it needs is a couple DJs, large speakers, and a complete makeover of the interior that has plenty of bars and room for 1000 people.

4. You are on the clock to fix something, a friend of yours sits beside you and gives a lot of interesting ideas, none of them actually help or are related to your situation, but they are still something you find interesting. What is your reaction? What do you say? What do you do? What's your train of thought?
I'd be kinda annoyed by it. If I'm really into fixing something, then I would tell him to shut up and help me out with the problem. Otherwise, I'd let him talk til either he loses his voice or my ears have had it. My train of thought is amazing.

5a. What are some of your most important values?

Stay sexy, enjoy life, and best of all, maintain your independence.

5b. Can they change? What would be the reason if they changed?
Never.

6. You are in a car with some other people, the people in the car are talking. Someone makes a claim that you see as immoral/rude/cruel. What is your inward reaction? What do you think? What do you say?

Don't really care as long as it doesn't get us in trouble. What do you mean what do I say? I say whatever's on my mind and that depends wholly on what was said. Usually it's to reinforce that statement or shoot it down and sink that person.

7. a) What activities energizes you the most? Why?
Doing something with my friends--working out, partying, clubbing, basketball, football, PC gaming.
Cheating and winning :p
Breaking the rules
Listening to music
Coming up with random yet fun ideas for a fictional work (I can do part-time as a novelist)
Figuring someone out by thinking in my head.. you know, figure out her interests, then go AH-HA I GOTTA DO THAT ON THE NEXT DATE WITH her.
Seducing women and watching them beg for more
Doing anything that makes me feel like a badass

7. b) What activities drains you the most? Why?
Lectures, discussion sections, being alone at home with nothing to do, hanging out with a bunch of people who don't engage my interest, shopping with girlfriend (having to wait for her to finish shopping etc.), ummmm studying things that I don't find interest in/have no practical value/not related to my major (business/econ). I have my own insecurities, and when something happens that makes me feel like shit, I feel like abandoning everyone and be alone for a bit.

8. Do you believe you are introverted or extraverted? Why do you believe that? (Please be as detailed as possible)
Extroverted.. I like to go out and party a lot--drink, vape, dance, go crazy. Girls are willing to give out their numbers, and occasionally we'd have an "afterparty" where we, you know, have sex. After that, some of us will go and some will stay to grab late night dinner with us. By this time we're sobering up rubbing our bellies out of sheer hunger. We'd befriended the full time server there so everyone knows each other.

9. Please describe yourself, what do you see as your greatest strengths and what do you see as your greatest weaknesses?

My physique, looks, able to handle the harshest criticisms with ease, immune to crying, able to cut through BS, flexibility, adventurous, able to put on a difference face (I wouldn't mind being a movie star), able to read people based on their looks and facial expression and body language and voice tone and yadadadada, able to drive fast with no fear, fearless, not afraid to break the law, etc.

Weaknesses.. jealousy, sex addict, partying too much perhaps?, breaking the law frequently, reckless, reading textbooks and taking notes...

10. Please describe yourself when you are feeling stressed. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.

I tend to lose my cool and go hard. I'd glare at people and they'll know I'm angry and frustrated and stressed based on my expressions and voice. I get very strict about the smallest shit and tend to annoy my friends with that. So what I do is I play online games non-stop. I play Counter-Strike or Call of Duty or any violent game for hours and hours until I'm satisfied and back to normal. This helps me to vent my anger through gaming instead of smashing walls and flushing my roommate's fish down the toilet. At the same time, I would do my best to get rid of the source of my stress. I would take things 1 by 1. Deal with one thing and move to another. Repeat. There's gotta be a solution to this. If I can't find it, that means I gotta distract myself for a bit and hope that anything comes up. I would play games or hang out with friends until a solution pops up out of nowhere. Then I would abandon what I was doing and do my best to solve it. For example, I had midterms coming up. I had to deal with my boss who threatened to fire me if I was late. I had to negotiate with my financial aid office to get more money. My housemates arguing about the smallest shit. Girlfriend wanting to Skype. etc..

11. What is your "soft spot" (the area that makes you upset if people mess with)?
Putting a hand on my closest friends and family... they're off limits until you have my approval.

12. What are most of the ideas/thoughts you get generally centered around (try to expand your answers as much as possible)?

Ideas that help me to be a better individual... my thoughts usually focus on events and situations that occurred today, last night, or even 10 years ago. I just replay some situations that occurred in my head and analyze it from different angles. Sometimes, when I feel like a smartass, I think about the future.. not always flying cars, but realistic situations like World War 3 and what kind of lifestyle I would be having.. all this happens when showering or driving alone.

13. What's your opinion of getting frequent feedback on what you do? (Someone pointing out what is good, what is bad, what and how to improve) Is there a limit to how often you want feedback? If so, what is the limit?
More the merrier.. but less kiss-ass suck up responses. Makes you look like a tool, and you probably are.

14. Anything beyond what has been discussed that you would like to add?
I think my work here is done. Thanks everybody, really appreciate it. Love for you all.

·
decorum worshiper
8,993 Posts
I saw a bit of myself in his answers. I related a lot to the 'analyzing different past situations from a lot of different angles' (Ne/Si and Ti). Also his general carefree attitude and wanting to break the system 'cheating and winning', although he seems to like it just for the sake of chaos 'breaking the rules, doing things that make me feel badass' than purposeful chaos that I'd be more attracted to.

Also when he said he was energized by thinking about different fictional ideas and thinking about different future possibilities like WW3, but I guess any type could like doing that.

He does seem to generally favor living in the moment and being hedonistic than thinking about the future or reflecting. Probably suggests Se over Ne. I think I'll change my position to leaning towards ESTP but not fully decided yet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts