Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which type can you identify most easily by posting style?

For me, it's ESTP. ESTPs tend to write in a classically "cool" style. Occasionally, I get false positives, but never false negatives.

·
MOTM August 2012
3,467 Posts
Introverts (maybe with the exception of INTJ) write a novel.

Ne-doms, especially ENFP's can ramble like crazy. Te types are almost the opposite, so to the point.

I think ESPs are the most concise and least interested in expanding on their ideas. You get a lot of simple "yes" and "no" type remarks.

I've noticed some INTPs (ahem SolitaryWalker from TypologyCentral - God love him but he's almost impossible to comprehend) that write as if they were Noah Webster with ridiculously overcomplicated sentence structure and vocabulary, but paragraph breaks never seem to be in the right place. It's sometimes a lot of Ne-like rambling just with articulate prose.

·
Registered
4,560 Posts
I can recognize true INTJ writing.

Other types, I have not donated any brainpower to...

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Check this out. I have two ESFP's (that I know of) on my Facebook friends list. Both female. Check out their writing:

#1: "My throat hurts sooooo bad!!! I cant even talk OR swallow.. I felt fine all day but it just started hurting a few hours ago & now my whole throat is swollen.. :(( This sucks!!!! "

#2: "OMG! had a nightmare! Had dream bout tha ex hubby. Eeww. Any who good morning fb hope every1 has a fab day. Hope this Monday goes by fast!"

Writing like that makes me want to rip my eyes out.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I like to play a game where I guess the person's type before I click on the smiley face and find out. The most distinctive types so far seem to be ENFP and ISTP.

The way ENFPs post reminds me of a ball bouncing around. They're so jolly and funny. They come out with the most intelligently humorous material. Too much pointless chit-chat and buddy-buddy talk for me though.

ISTPs tend to be blunt and to the point. They seem to lack consideration for possible alternatives in the debate section. They come up with a simple response and won't take in anything else or shift their views when someone counters them. It's highly annoying.

I usually have a hard time distinguishing between INFP, INFJ & ISFP and INTP & INTJ. There aren't enough of the other types for me generalize.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Check this out. I have two ESFP's (that I know of) on my Facebook friends list. Both female. Check out their writing:

#1: "My throat hurts sooooo bad!!! I cant even talk OR swallow.. I felt fine all day but it just started hurting a few hours ago & now my whole throat is swollen.. :(( This sucks!!!! "

#2: "OMG! had a nightmare! Had dream bout tha ex hubby. Eeww. Any who good morning fb hope every1 has a fab day. Hope this Monday goes by fast!"

Writing like that makes me want to rip my eyes out.
You should see their bubbly-ass handwriting... Ugh.

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
INTPs tend to be very easy to spot.

ISTPs tend to be blunt and to the point. They seem to lack consideration for possible alternatives in the debate section. They come up with a simple response and won't take in anything else or shift their views when someone counters them. It's highly annoying.
We take in everything - in fact, that's one of our trademarks. And we do shift our view - if we're wrong.

·
Banned
3,145 Posts
Victor from TypologyCentral - apparently he is quite a legend/cult figure there, earned that status from to his distinctive posting style (and paranoid conspiracy theories about how MBTI is a tool made by a majority group of people (what he calls, 'visual-oriented culture' or something like that) to be used to oppress certain minority group of people (the 'auditory-oriented culture'))...

It's been speculated that he's either an ISFP or INTJ hopelessly stuck in the Fi-Ni loop, but a lot of people think that his Fi is stronger than his Ni, therefore is an ISFP.

Look him up and you'll see what I mean :|.

Not saying that ISFPs are generally like this, though.

·
queen of glitter gnomes
10,502 Posts
hahaha! Good for you! It's both an eye test and an aid in character development for you. Your optician will thank all ESFPs for helping you realize that you need expensive fashion-statement glasses!
\

Reactions: Owfin

·
Registered
5,517 Posts
Then you haven't seen the horror show that is mine. It's been illegibly god-awful from day one. Even I can't read it most of the time. I can draw pretty nicely though so that sort of makes up for it.

Reactions: You Sir Name

·
Ace of Spades
7w6 4w3 1w9 sp/so; Ni/Ne/Te-dom
3,253 Posts
Why Te Users Are Easy to Spot

1. We spend about as long structuring our posts as writing them.
2. We are usually to the point. N's like to elaborate sometimes though.

=P

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
I can usually tell xNFPs easily as they tend to write novels and are fairly descriptive. I also think INTJs are pretty distinctive as well.

Reactions: Owfin

·
Banned
1,637 Posts
ENFPs usually because they are very open when they write. Enneagram 3s, because they sound very appropriate and presentable.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Victor from TypologyCentral - apparently he is quite a legend/cult figure there, earned that status from to his distinctive posting style (and paranoid conspiracy theories about how MBTI is a tool made by a majority group of people (what he calls, 'visual-oriented culture' or something like that) to be used to oppress certain minority group of people (the 'auditory-oriented culture'))...

It's been speculated that he's either an ISFP or INTJ hopelessly stuck in the Fi-Ni loop, but a lot of people think that his Fi is stronger than his Ni, therefore is an ISFP.

Look him up and you'll see what I mean :|.

Not saying that ISFPs are generally like this, though.
what is this loop you speak of?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Then you haven't seen the horror show that is mine. It's been illegibly god-awful from day one. Even I can't read it most of the time. I can draw pretty nicely though so that sort of makes up for it.
That's actually better, imo. I wasn't talking about purely ESFPs, I was making fun of those LOUD, overly-cheery girls who are scary!
Their handwriting is even sometimes dotted with hearts... <_<

1 - 20 of 25 Posts