Personality Cafe banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Type anyone who has authority over you or is senior to you, in one way or another.

Do MBTI because it's the MBTI forum but feel free to include any other type, like Enneagram or cognitive functions or socionics.

Let the typing begin!

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'll go.

SJs
  1. Spanish teacher, ISFJ, very kind and permitting but takes things very personally. Finds creativity charming and amusing but prefers sticking to rules and guidelines. I had a hard time making silly projects in this curriculum when she was teaching me, but i did manage to entertain her.
  2. 10th grade Math teacher, ESTJ. Explains things veeeeerrrry thoroughly, people describe him as a robot, but i was able to understand and listen to him and liked him. Once you talk to him, instead of having him lecture you, he seems to become human and actually smiles. Very social.
  3. Vocal music teacher, ISFJ. Very liberal/leftist guy, thought he was INxP for the longest time, but seems to like structure and stuff that he's comfortable with a lot. Detailed and organized but very chill and permissive, can provide you with lots of personal conversations or statistics and facts depending on what you want to talk to him about. Knows how to make everyone feel at ease
  4. History teacher, ESTJ, you'd expect SJ for history but she's actually extremely fun and very interactive, has well-developed Ne. Impersonal in all dealings with students, Fe was what i eliminated first for her, and i was right.
  5. 11th grade math teacher, ESFJ. Sharp tongue, organized, can make mistakes at times unlike other math teacher, detailed, traditional, motherly. Can go from savage internet commenter to mother in the range of 5 seconds. She has so much personality, i love her! Love most of my teachers. I get good teachers.
  6. Dance teacher in our school play, ESTJ. Enthusiastic, on-task, loves organization and control, but when it's not time to teach, she's SO FUN, relates so well to students, and seems almost ESFP.
  7. Football/soccer coach, winter 2018, ESTJ. Verrrrry structured, made charts for substitutions, instructions for exactly where to go in which position in which situation, etc. He's the caring but impersonal dad type, instantly attends to minor discomforts and momentary complaints of players. Compare to ENTP coach.

NFs
  1. English teacher, ENFP with very strong Te. If not for her Te i wouldn't be able to tell if she was ENFP or ENTP. Very empathetic (hard to tell if Fi or Fe at first), open-minded, loves discussion, entertaining, good at capturing attention, amazing teacher in general. One very picky student has complained that she gets off-topic at times, but that's barely a problem. Everyone loves her.
  2. Science teacher, INFP. Very flexible, nice, accepting, but wasn't clear at times. Many students complain about that but i liked him and i understood everything he explained. So personal/sympathetic, will offer you lots of assistance if you need it
  3. Social science teacher, INFP. Typed herself as ISFJ, but that was me showing her descriptions of MBTI letters and asking her to pick, which was not the best way. She does have strong Ne and Si, prefers some sense of structure in her lessons, but overall is very flexible and i was able to turn a magazine project into a website as well as act like a drunk Karl Marx in a philosophical theorist conference our class held. Really makes you feel accepted.
  4. 7th grade homeroom teacher, ENFJ. Will never forget class 7R! This guy basically offset my idealist phase and got the whole class involved in all sorts of activism.

SPs
    1. Drama teacher, ESFP (no way!!!!! An ESFP in theatre!!). Super fun, very accepting, has fair rules. Loves to chat about life in general, entertain us with hilarious stories, and play games. I'm gonna miss drama:crying:
    2. 9th grade math teacher, ESTP. Maybe the least enthusiastic ESTP i'll meet, but nevertheless his bottle flips, stick people, stories about weird situations with students, and "vertical lines have no slope because if i jump out of the window, there is no slope of my 90-degree fall" made that math class absolutely laugh-my-butt-off.
    3. 5th grade homeroom teacher, ESFP - will never forget how fun our weekly pet-feeding sessions were. Memories of her are vague, though, but i think she had this amazing Scottish accent

NTs
      1. I really can't think of any right now, i know i've had some. Maybe my geography teacher, he seems INTx but i'm not sure.
      2. Summer season football/soccer coach, ENTP. Has lots of great ideas and philosophies for playing, great suggestions, explains his methods in a scattered way. Talks about lots of them at once - this is how i identified Ne, he seems to connect one idea to the next a lot. Most of his thought process seems to be internal, he does that "wait let me think" and suddenly turns around to grab something and informs you of a complete U-turn of events within 10 seconds. I like him though, and he is a huge fan of my favourite footballer, Johan Cruyff, so that's great!

Teachers of all types love coffee.

·
Registered
ISTP 5w6
3,225 Posts
Oh my boss is probably ESTJ or ENTJ.

He doesn't care one shit about the people who work for him, he only cares about his bussiness.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Since this thread is quite dead, i'll just post in case anybody ever decides to read it

ESFJ math teachers :p
Captura de pantalla (7).jpg

Also i think the ISFJ music teacher is actually ISTJ with well-developed introverted Feeling. And he's very liberal, proving that SJs are not all conservatives.

·
Registered
5 Posts
It's not dead yet. My debate teacher is an ENFP. She has a wide range of interests and is kind of rebellious (By teacher standards, anyway).

My English teacher is an ISFJ. She believes certain things are wrong simply because her parents told her they were wrong, and changes her personality depending on who she's with.

Not sure about the others.

·
Banned
1,812 Posts
My chem teacher is an ENTP 3w2 1w2 7w8 sx/so and is by far the scariest/most respectable individual I'e ever come across. I swore to god he was an ESTJ initially, but he's far too chaotic and Ne heavy for that. He's really good at networking and typically is very good at getting what he wants, but is very abrupt.

I think my science research teacher was an INTP 6w7. Probably one of my favorites, very pleasant man with a great and dark sense of humor.

I had an ENFP 6w7 2w3 9w1 so/sx math teacher in high school, then an INTP 9w1 sp/so and ISTJ 9w1 sp/so in college, all three who were great. The ENFP also owned some religious charity, the INTP almost cried in class because he was too lenient grading wise and people stopped showing up to class, and the ISTJ was probably one of the best math teachers I've ever had since his teaching style was so direct.

I had so many good teachers, this small list really doesn't do it justice

·
Registered
409 Posts
Most of my role models are historical figures, but one of them strikes my memory a lot at the moment, I don't know why.

Augusto Pinochet: ESTJ

size_960_16_9_augusto-pinochet5.jpg

He was an (E) because he was a nice/sociable guy with an almost artistic aura, not to mention he had one of the most iconic smiles ever -- I mean, look at that, it's almost like an innocent, adorable, sweet child smile. He was also an (S) because ... look at that mustache. It was not only manly, but it also showed that he cared about the outside world and its trends, unlike Stalin, which had a terribly done mustache and could never expect to be as fabulous as Pinochet. He was also obviously a thinker (T), because the most logical thing to do with communists, is to throw them off of helicopters into the sea. His (J) was also pretty apparent, because he was organized and wanted to establish order in the country, which could only be made by throwing communists out of helicopters.

·
Registered
17,819 Posts
First teacher I liked and respected was in my early teens. Likely an ESFJ. English teacher. Cute as fuck to boot. Not fun because she was my first crush and obviously unavailable. Kept in touch with her till my late teens but who knows where she is now.

Didn't have another guy/teacher I respected till my early 20's when I met this ESTP (could be ENTP) who would offer me a job straight out of MBA. Gave me the best job of my life. Had a lot of smarts and compassionate too. Earned our respect because he had no quips about getting down and dirty with the rest of his subordinates and engage in the shit tasks with us. Humble. But powerful all the same. Very respectable man.

I don't normally idolize people or put them up on a pedestal tbh.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Augusto Pinochet: ESTJ

He was an (E) because he was a nice/sociable guy with an almost artistic aura, not to mention he had one of the most iconic smiles ever -- I mean, look at that, it's almost like an innocent, adorable, sweet child smile. He was also an (S) because ... look at that mustache. It was not only manly, but it also showed that he cared about the outside world and its trends, unlike Stalin, which had a terribly done mustache and could never expect to be as fabulous as Pinochet. He was also obviously a thinker (T), because the most logical thing to do with communists, is to throw them off of helicopters into the sea. His (J) was also pretty apparent, because he was organized and wanted to establish order in the country, which could only be made by throwing communists out of helicopters.
I agree about the smile and the moustache. There's not much i know about Pinochet...did he literally throw communists off helicopters? That would be hilarious. Please feel free to elaborate.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just wanted to post a new Sensor/Intuitive conflict.

My ENTP coach. He's great. But every time i've made a minor complaint, he's been like "Jess, that's the smallest of our worries right now."

By minor complaints i mean not being able to catch my breath, coughing, not being able to run, weird pains in my ankles and legs, being stepped on with cleats twice in 10 minutes, a thread hanging off my jersey that was getting tangled in my legs when i was running, wanting water, etc. Like, complaints related to the sensory world.

The ESTJ guy i had last season was your typical responsible and sporty dad, he'd be pretty concerned if you made even a minor complaint about your ankle, and he'd always be prepared with first-aid items and such. Although today my coach and his assistant (not sure what type) did bring ice packs, so maybe that's not such a difference.

So today i could barely run because i think i pulled something in my left ankle, and i said nothing because i knew it would make him see me as someone not concentrated on the team and the game. The "big picture".

It's not wrong of him, he could just be thinking "i don't know that girl so well yet, maybe she's just one of the players who don't try hard for their teams and complains a lot, so i can't let her do that." I'm a huge team player (threw a fit last week about people not coming to the games because even i came and i had this terrible cold), and i guess both me and him having strong tertiary Fe goes both ways. He just values sensory things less, but he still helps if there's a serious problem. As i said, it's probably just keeping the team together and not letting players discourage the rest of them with smaller issues.

However, at the end of the day, i would like to be able to voice my smaller concerns and have them be seen as valid :tongue:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts