Personality Cafe banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as a Theatre Generalist, hoping to pursue an acting career, I had to take an Intermediate Acting class last semester and we did partner scenes. And the professor who taught the class is known for typecasting. So I was cast as Sonya in Uncle Vanya, Laura in The Glass Menagerie, (which is my dream role, so if any directors are producing The Glass Menagerie, lmk), Bella in Lost in Yonkers, Popeye in The Miss Firecracker Contest, and Thomasina in Arcadia. A lot, if not all, of those characters can be described as wide-eyed, idealistic, innocent, childlike, odd dreamers, aka I guess the Ingenues. (I mean, I'm kinda plus-sized, so idk if I can be an ingenue, but I kinda look young. Neoteny, I guess). So do you think any of these types could be INFP most likely and why?:

Leading Man: 35 to 50 (or older, if he ran the theatre), attractive, vigorous, tall, heroic.

Leading Lady: 30 to 45 (or older if she or her husband ran the company), attractive, stately, elegant, ladylike.

Second Man and Second Woman: Both 30 to 45. He: handsome, less sympathetic, good at villains and light comedy. She: elegant, often with a touch of mystery or eroticism about her.

The Juvenile: 20 to 30, the young leading man, handsome, and boyish.

The Ingénue: 18 to 25, the young female love interest, pretty, charming, delicate. (The term "ingénue" was sometimes used in England to denote a young actor of either sex, but in America it refers to a young woman.)

The Character Man: 50 to 70, plays fathers and aristocrats, distinguished, authoritative.

The Character Woman: 50 to 70, plays mothers and great ladies, often a former leading lady, distinguished, and elegant.

Second Character Man and Woman: 50 to 70, more common, often overweight, good at comedy.

The Low Comedian: 30 to 50, a Robin Williams type, good at physical comedy.

The Soubrette: 25 to 40, a coquette, sexy, earthy, good at comedy.

The Character Juvenile and Ingénue: 18 to 25, offbeat or funny looking, good at comedy.

Walking Gentlemen and Utility Players: actors who played small parts, often aspiring younger actors or less-talented has-beens.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts