Personality Cafe banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
947 Posts
The ESTP's seem to be wearing masks. Myself included.

I wear it because it's a simple request and I don't care either way. I'm not a snowflake, I don't even notice I'm wearing one.

·
Registered
INFJ 6w5 sp/so
1,524 Posts
INFJ and pro-mask. Not going to force someone else to wear it. I just avoid people who don't wear masks. I also keep my distance from babies and young children since they are naturally more non-understanding and non-cooperative with masks and I feel like a walking petri dish. As much as I view able-bodied no-masks as selfish, my...inner demented gremlin...wants to see natural selection take them out. Unfortunately, they'll be taking a lot of innocent compromised people out with them.

·
Registered
ISTJ
1,547 Posts
ISTJ here: extremely pro-mask/social distancing. If we all do what we're supposed to, we wouldn't be in this situation.

ISTP husband: exactly the same viewpoint as me, except he is less emotionally driven about it. It's more logical with him.

Family members: The ones that I typed ExxPs way before this crisis started are predictably going out for social reasons (hanging out, going to dinner parties, outings) much more than the Ixxx family members. They are wearing masks in public required places, but not in indoor social settings such as parties, which is extremely frustrating and illogical. I honestly do not think they care then, because anybody can figure out that that is not a good idea at all, but yet they still do it - so like I said, they probably do not care. Father in law is xxTJ, and he has very similar viewpoint as me on mask wearing/social distancing. Brother in law is also ExTJ and very extroverted, but he's more rebellious, yet he wears mask and does social distance as well (he does not attend parties and such). The kids...oh the kids...they have no control over where their parents take them or make them go to, which is very sad. I honestly hope everybody is going to be okay. Right now, I'm just trying to hold it together and just do what I need to do.

·
Registered
48 Posts
ISTP

In the US on average 8,000 people die every day. I'm in Southern California and we didn't have a debacle like in NY and the death rate continues to trend downward. Normally the strategy is to keep those with pre-existing conditions to exercise caution and not halt social interaction along with commerce. Anyway I only wear a mask when I enter a place that has made masks mandatory. It's summer here and people will get sick and die from other causes during this time.

This lockdown strategy doesn't add up.

·
Registered
IEI 4w3 sp/sx
1,190 Posts
So masks are now mandatory in my area in interior public places. This is extremely controversial and people across the board have reacted very strongly to it one way or another. I was wondering what is you guys' opinions?

My personal take (so don't get triggered) on ranking types according to being pro-mask and enforcing it vs. being anti-mask and defying it.

You're selfish and socially irresponsible if you don't do it

1. ESFJ
2. ISFJ
3. ENFJ
4. INFJ
5. ISTJ
6. ESTJ

Mixed feelings but will comply for civility or getting this under control

7. ENTJ
8. INTJ
9. ENFP
10. ESFP
11. INFP

Fascist government trying to control us with a fake virus

12. ISFP
13. ESTP
14. ENTP
15. INTP
16. ISTP
It's funny because even though I strongly disagree with the premise of this thread (I don't think being pro or anti mask has anything to do with MBTI), the strongest conspiracy theorists I know IRL are ISTPs. The last one I talked to tried to convince me China is controlling the WHO and made up the virus to destroy "Western economy". I think people like Alex Jones are Type 6 ISTPs.

FWIW I'm INFJ and strongly pro-mask. I think not wearing it is irresponsible bulls***.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I work in an infectious diseases hospital and I see absolutely NO reason whatsoever to be wearing a mask in public. I have absolutely no concern about CV-19, when 99% of people experience little to no symptoms and will most definitely recover. CV-19 was only ever a threat to those 1% most vulnerable and only a small percentage of those will even die. This is not a pandemic by any measure.

I DO NOT wear a mask (muzzle). - ISTP

·
Registered
3 Posts
I used to work in health care and know alot of nurses and social workers working on the so called "front line". I don't wear the mask unless I see an old person looking frightened around me, LOL. Otherwise I have a deep value NOT to wear it as I hate being told what to do and there are empty hospitals around despite high covid "numbers" in my city indicating the stats do not match what I observe. I also worry mask wearing will make people sicker by breathing in their own filth. I also am obviously very observant and have noticed that some of the very old and very sick homeless people that live on the street near me that I've known for years have not died and have not become ill at all - and have never been protected by masks and have had daily close exposure to people on the busy streets. My Ni and my observations says this pandemic is a fraud. I like your list!

·
Registered
3 Posts
It's funny because even though I strongly disagree with the premise of this thread (I don't think being pro or anti mask has anything to do with MBTI), the strongest conspiracy theorists I know IRL are ISTPs. The last one I talked to tried to convince me China is controlling the WHO and made up the virus to destroy "Western economy". I think people like Alex Jones are Type 6 ISTPs.

FWIW I'm INFJ and strongly pro-mask. I think not wearing it is irresponsible bulls***.
The news says one thing, but unfortunately the empty hospitals are saying something else.

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
I don't wear a mask as my gov, who is VERY afraid of the people, doesn't tell me to do so. This country isn't so crowded. I disagree with my gov. I think the authorities should advice to wear it in "tight" spaces. Trains, buses, busy places etc. Now when the numbers is steadily going down, no point in getting more decrees now, too late for that.

The authorities advice us to avoid tight spaces and it seems to work... mostly.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
I like wearing a mask. It makes me look cool.

·
Registered
♂️ INFJ 5w4 // IEI-Ni
3,063 Posts
Certainly is irresponsible. Being so opposed to it and calling it "tyranny" is a real bad case of first world problems syndrome.

·
Registered
Enfp 7w8 ;p
165 Posts
I think everyone should wear a mask, if it helps us get out of quarantine than great! If you look like a burglar in the process well I've always wanted to be in oceans eleven hahaha

·
Registered
145 Posts
As an ENFP, I can say the OP nailed it for my feelings about it
So masks are now mandatory in my area in interior public places. This is extremely controversial and people across the board have reacted very strongly to it one way or another. I was wondering what is you guys' opinions?

My personal take (so don't get triggered) on ranking types according to being pro-mask and enforcing it vs. being anti-mask and defying it.

You're selfish and socially irresponsible if you don't do it

1. ESFJ
2. ISFJ
3. ENFJ
4. INFJ
5. ISTJ
6. ESTJ

Mixed feelings but will comply for civility or getting this under control

7. ENTJ
8. INTJ
9. ENFP
10. ESFP
11. INFP

Fascist government trying to control us with a fake virus

12. ISFP
13. ESTP
14. ENTP
15. INTP
16. ISTP

·
Registered
99 Posts
This doesn't make sense. Responsible people are the first, unaware are the second, and paranoid or straight up ignorant are the last. Unfair to sort types under these categories.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts