Personality Cafe banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure everyone who likes MBTI has heard this kind of response to MBTI: "I think my type changes too much to be typed", "I'm just myself, not labels (of 16 basic types)", or "I'm not sure what my type is".

Are there differences in type for who dislikes being typed? Or are there types that are likely to mistype, especially on online tests? How do reasons for disliked being typically differ between types? How are types likely to understand MBTI differently, or to like or dislike MBTI differently?

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Fi doms think they're "individuals" and thus cannot be typed.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
I usually don't meet any trouble when talking about type with IxFP (Fi-dom), but it's harder with ExFPs, as they're not as "good" at Fi, but still value it a lot.
I've found xSTPs (mostly ESTP) showing restrain to being typed. I don't know why, but it's what I've seen.

Reactions: ai.tran.75

·
Registered
INFJ less than 1%
7,202 Posts
I tried to talk to someone about typology once and it didn't turn out very well. They struggled to understand the concept of the both MBTI and the CF. Then went on about how people are just people and how they are not "ESNJ". I'm quite sure they're ESFJ. I will never let them know that I guessed their type though. Now I think about it I don't think anyone in my family would agree with it, I can see them calling it nonsense.
But I don't think types are related entirely, because all types show up on perC (but mostly INxx apparently).

But everyone is an individual. That doesn't mean they believe they can't be typed.

·
Registered
77 Posts
i can't speak for other Fi doms, but as one myself, i really love MBTI because it helps me know myself better! (mostly because i can read descriptions and go "this is me" or "i don't agree with this part" you know?) im proud to call myself an isfp! i find everything about MBTI very interesting and useful for interacting with other people and learning about how they think.

my sister, though, describes MBTI as "as accurate as astrology", "useless because people act differently in all different situations", etc. and she outright refuses to take a test for it. i'm not certain on her type but i've kind of assumed that she's inxj! don't know if this is useful to the thread, but i'll add it anyway.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts