Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've heard that INs tend to be more attracted to other INs, and as an INFP this seems to be very true. My close friends are INTJ, INTP and ENFJ. I'm a very strong N so my friends tend to be more N than S. I'm curious to know what types other INFPs are drawn to :D

·
Registered
95 Posts
My close friends seem to be INTJs, INTPs and I want to say INFJs. One of them might also be an INFP... I'm on the fence about his type.....
I have a couple ENFP 'friends' that I would like to be closer to. ENFPs are hard to keep in contact with as neither of us have any drive to pursue each other. I have only met one ENFJ in real life and I'm pretty upset about it :(

·
Registered
167 Posts
ISFP, ISTP, INFJ

For me, I tend to feel closest to introverts, because introverts generally tend to value 1-on-1 interaction because of the depth of conversation(s) and having few connections but making those connections meaningful and deep. I also feel most comfortable around feelers, because I am extremely feel-ery myself. So I guess the types I tend to be inclined to are IxFx types. INxx, along with fellow NFs, are really great for deep and thoughtful conversations, but I think there are more qualities which extend beyond that to what makes a genuine and loyal friend.

I feel really jealous, there are so many INFPs here who are really close with ENFPs but the one I knew got bored of me and abandoned me... I feel like she got bored with me or something once the novelty wore off I suppose. Where is my ENFP friend :(

·
Registered
59 Posts
My bestfriends are INFJ(2), ESFJ(2), INTJ, ENFP, ISFP

I've known one of the the ESFJs, the ISFP, one of the INFJs, and the INTJ for at least 10 years. Those 5 are probably my closest friends though we are separated now due to college.

I'm not always on time to events and my closest friends realize this- typically J's are more accepting of my belatedness than T's are. I like deep discussions and talking about inner-feelings so that's probably why I'm also drawn to feelers. I have a lot of extraverted friends and they really bring me out of my shell. I have no preference of I's/E's in my life :) they're all awesome.

·
Registered
INFP 5w6
1,341 Posts
My best friend is ESFJ. He outputs so much positive energy that it's irresistible to not reflect mine back, it bounces of the walls in a social setting. He is a simple person, without much complexity (sorry tom) but that's what makes him great. He keeps me in touch with society and this eases my worries, because i feel part of something for a while. I think to him i bring interesting perspectives that he then incorporates in his lifestyle. Proud to call him a friend.

·
Registered
148 Posts
It seems that I don't have a very diverse type of friends..

INFP: 3
ENFP: 2 or 3 (not sure if one of them is a an F or T)
ENTP: 2 or 3
ISTP : 3
ISFP : 3
INTJ : 1

I don't really have a best friend, but if I have to choose it's probably one of the INFPs.
I seem to lean toward people who are like myself, especially introverts and perceivers. I almost don't have a J friend lol

·
Registered
313 Posts
My best friend ever, Diana, is an INFP.
Our other friend, Giselle, is an INTJ.
My childhood family friend/cousin figure, Santiago, is an INFP.
My ex girlfriend/current friend, Thea, is an ENFP.
My friend from class, Raizel, is an INFJ or an INFP.

·
Registered
5,248 Posts
@Maxxie your friends have awesome names.

Me: ISFJ, INFP, ISTP, INTP, ESFJ, ENFP, ESFP

I have a mixed bag :joyous:

Though actually - thinking about those people, they seem to have a lot of Enneagram 9, 2, 7, 5. I would bet there is a more substantial correlation there than with MBTI.

·
Registered
10,350 Posts
Hm, I'm not sure about all of them, but something like this:

ExTP (leaning ESTP), ISFP(?), ISFJ, ESFJ.

Reactions: lemoncake

·
Registered
148 Posts
Mostly fellow introverts, and dominantly NFs, especially fellow INFPs. Plenty of NTs too, mostly ENTPs. A few ISTPs and ISFPs. I only have 2 judging friends whom I am close with.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.