Personality Cafe banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
This is based on a formula I drew-up that seems pretty close (I grouped them by exact number, so those listed together are equal):

1. ENFP;
2. ENTP;
3. INFP,INFJ,ENFJ,INTJ;
4. ISFP;
5. ESFJ,ESFP,ENTJ,INTP;
6. ESTJ,ISTJ,ISFJ,ESTP

Part of me wonders if I should have given more weight to the first two letters. Hrmhrm...

Although, it makes sense that all the other idealists are on line three and ISFP is on line four.
I think..
1. ENFP
2. ENTP, ESFP, ESTP, INFJ
3. INFP, INTP, ENFJ, ISFP,
4. INTJ, ENTJ
5. ESFJ
5. ISTJ, ISTP, ISFJ, ESTJ

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This was drawn based on cognitive functions. Functionswise, for example, ESTP is the exact opposite of ENFP, so it's pretty different.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks like I got it! ^_^

How much of our brains we share:

ENFP-100%
ENTP-88%
INFP,INFJ,INTJ-67%
ENFJ-58%
INTP,ENTJ,ISFP,ESFP,ESFJ-54%
ESTJ,ISTJ,ISFJ,ISTP,ESTP-40%

·
Registered
9,800 Posts
Interesting. From my own personal relationships it goes like this.

ENFP
INFP
ISFP
ENTP
INTJ
ENTJ
ISTJ
All other types don't naturally follow my train of thought, XNFJ being the least I connect with on every level.

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
It depends on what theory you ask.
Jung would have seen ENFP and ENTP as the same type.
Kiersey saw the ENFP as being closer to ENFJ, INFJ and INFP.
In socionics they belong to some quadra that makes them have more in common with INFP and ISTJ than, say, ENFJ.
Michael Pierce thinks that ENFP and INFP are in some sense the same type.

So most sources would say that INFP and ENFP are the closest.

Reactions: AdroElectro

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
ENFPs use Te. According to how I understand the functions and their interactions, I think the top five types most similar to ENFP in process are, as followed:

1. INFP
  2. ENTJ
  3. ESTJ
  4. ESFP
  5. INTJ

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What I did was I put the eight cognitive functions in order. The highest value was the first function, and each function after that was divided by two from the previous one. After the forth function, however, I started over, so that the fifth function was half of the first.

So, for example, something more or less like: NE100,FI50,TE25,SI12.5,NI50,FE25,TI12.5,SE6.25

I drew out each type in this way. For each function, I took the lowest shared value of the two types. I then added these values.

The reason I halved the corollary functions (for example, NI is half of NE), is because they're 50% similar: same type of function, different expression of the function.

However, I'm open-minded to the fact that one ENFP might be NE 80, FI 60, TE 20, SI 15 or NE 100, Fi 20, Te, 10, Si 5 or something-ish like that. How much of each function each individual may have is on a sliding scale. So, an INFP could be more similar to an ENFP, depending on the people.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts

·
Registered
INTJ 5w4 Sx/Sp
2,387 Posts
@Waif What would a similar list for INTJ look like using the same method?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Even though an ENFP and an ENTP have the same dominant function, Ne, would their areas of interest and emotions, or lack thereof clash? I have seen conversations between the two and the 2 of them and they would get through like 10 ideas in 10 minutes, but the ideas and topics of interest are completely different, and there doesn't seem to be much Ne connection, as they are bouncing ideas off each other but one idea doesn't seem to build on the previous.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
I am surprised to see ESFP being on the lower side of the order in many of the posts here, and ISFP being closer??

I don't think dom-Ne and dom-Se are that different, at least behaviorally, otherwise the ENxP would seem to be from another planet :rolleyes:, but I don't feel that way with ENFP in the real world. Sometimes they are just a little weird in a funny way. I don't know that many, anyway, and maybe they are not ENFPs.

Reactions: AdroElectro

·
Registered
656 Posts
Even though an ENFP and an ENTP have the same dominant function, Ne, would their areas of interest and emotions, or lack thereof clash? I have seen conversations between the two and the 2 of them and they would get through like 10 ideas in 10 minutes, but the ideas and topics of interest are completely different, and there doesn't seem to be much Ne connection, as they are bouncing ideas off each other but one idea doesn't seem to build on the previous.
I think the biggest point of contention between these two is Fi vs. Fe. Fe can't seem to understand Fi. They view it as selfish and harmful to group unity. And Fi views Fe as superficial and fake.

In socionics these two are kindred relations which you can read about here:

Socionics - the16types.info - Kindred Relations

·
Registered
640 Posts
I am surprised to see ESFP being on the lower side of the order in many of the posts here, and ISFP being closer??

I don't think dom-Ne and dom-Se are that different, at least behaviorally
MBTI is not a behavioral system. It is a system based on psychological orientation and preferences. Behavior is unrelated to the classifications.

Dom Se is the most different from Dom Ne. This is true by definition. Intuition suppresses Sensing and Sensing suppresses Intuition. The dominant function is obviously the most important function. If the most dominant (important) function of one is the most inferior function of the other and vise versa, this would by definition make them the most different, cognitively - not behaviorally.

·
Registered
640 Posts
The interests of ENFP's and ENTP's are the same but with a different emphasis. The ENTP is Intuition dominant with an emphasis on objective systems. The ENFP is Intuition dominant with and emphasis on subjective systems.

An ENTP will talk about his new idea about what he thinks the standard procedure for de-boarding a plane should be or how the city could better organize traffic flow to maximize efficiency.

An ENFP will talk about how metrics could be changed to increase the effectiveness of an education program. The ENFP will predict behavior of individuals and groups. He can also use deduction to demonstrate someone is lying or being deceptive.

Both ENTPs and ENFPs easily understand and appreciate each others perceptive ideas, each being slightly more proficient in each area.

And the secondary functions do not clash very much.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts