Personality Cafe banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
17,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
7w8: the double impulsivity combo of 7/8 lends the 7w8 to getting into all kinds of rough patches based on reckless decision making. some of 6's second guessing tendencies might prompt the 7w8 to think "is this really a good idea?" (hell, I'm a 7w6 and I still think I could use a bit more 6 :tongue: )

8w9: typically, 8w9s are more out of touch with the head center than their w7 counterparts. influence from 6 would give 8w9 a more strategic nature and serve as a psychological caffeine of sorts (they tend to do everything at a slow pace, sometimes to their detriment)

1s: for all their rationalization and reaction formation, 1s often do little in the way of actually reconsidering their views and sometimes believe they are 100% right about everything that is important to them (particularly if they're STJ).

·
Banned
13,780 Posts
This thread makes me wonder why most 3s on here type as either 5 or 7 fixers. I hardly ever see a 3w? typing as a 6 fixer. o_O
Probably because type 6 is more humble and prefers to blend in / not stand out, while 3s like to be admired, to stand out and to achieve. They are stereotypically described as having the tendency to bite off more then they can chew. A 6 in comparison is more moderst and cautious, thinks things through.

When I achieve somethng and I get praised especially public praise...it is extremely uncomfortable and I feel like the other person is making me a target for scorn (which usually comes from others because of jealousy). While I like the fact that I instill this sense of insecurity and fear into others :p...I hate being in the spotlight like that.

My 3w2 ESTP brother's response to this is usually: "That is because they are a bunch of incompetent idiots compared to me. Why should I care what they think!? I'm better then they are, its a fact. I don't brag, I don't have to, I just do everything better and with ease compared to them, the results speak for themselves."

<.< thou he has a 6w5 fix anything in the type 6 description screams weakness and is "beneath him" lol. (self image)

·
Registered
6,540 Posts
How did you miss type 3?
6 is the growth point for 3. It's the most obvious type that could learn from 6.

As for fixes, I have seen a couple of 6w5 fixed 3s here who type as such.

·
Banned
17,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Probably because type 6 is more humble and prefers to blend in / not stand out, while 3s like to be admired, to stand out and to achieve. They are stereotypically described as having the tendency to bite off more then they can chew. A 6 in comparison is more moderst and cautious, thinks things through.
When I achieve somethng and I get praised especially public praise...it is extremely uncomfortable and I feel like the other person is making me a target for scorn (which usually comes from others because of jealousy). While I like the fact that I instill this sense of insecurity and fear into others :p...I hate being in the spotlight like that.
yeah, this sounds accurate

My 3w2 ESTP brother's response to this is usually: "That is because they are a bunch of incompetent idiots compared to me. Why should I care what they think!? I'm better then they are, its a fact. I don't brag, I don't have to, I just do everything better and with ease compared to them, the results speak for themselves."
<.< thou he has a 6w5 fix anything in the type 6 description screams weakness and is "beneath him" lol. (self image)
your brother is awesome

·
Registered
915 Posts
Well, continuing on with the type 3 conversation. Most of the type 3s I know, have no idea they are or wouldn't care to know much about it. For some reason we rub each other the wrong way. I'm not saying with all 3s. It's when I'm put in a position where a 3 thinks it's a competition with me. Believe it or not I do compete, but with myself. I always did sports where you focused on personal records and whatnot. It's not because I can't do well, or I don't have a high bar, it's that I am happy with my efforts not just focused on the outcome. Plus, in the long run if you choose a unique path then you pretty much are just challenging yourself. I am up for the challenge. I just have a different way of going about it than a 3 might. I value the three, I am just different than them. I wish they'd stop trying to compete with me. I know it's in their nature and I like a healthy competition but some of their competitions are straight up toxic. Plus, I am just not linear. I value them but sometimes it's hard to when they ride me off so quickly. Like I didn't socialize good enough for them or put on a good enough "show".

I think type 8s could. In the sense of just thinking twice about themselves. I get why that's why they have such a great "charge" but sometimes I think they could think about the sincerity behind the things they do. That being objective is good in many ways, but there are still people involved in everything. Yes, we need leadership, to overcome etc. etc. but the means in which we do it is important too.

Okay, I better stop before I start stereotyping. Although these are based on specific instances, I do see the strengths in these types but don't want it to be about all of us worrying about our ego and like weaknesses and shit. Ugh. I only bring it up because they might be the types more often than not that I feel stepped on at times.

·
Banned
17,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@Cosmic Orgasm
to be honest, I don't put a lot of stock in the traditional model of integration/disintegration.
with a few exceptions:
1--->7
5--->8
7--->5

for example, I think 9 would be much better off integrating to 7 (focus on the self), 8 would be better off integrating to 1 (moral, self controlled, defender of the weak) and 2 would be better off integrating to 9 (real humility, unity with the world).

Reactions: Sina

·
Registered
🚀
10,003 Posts
@Cosmic Orgasm
to be honest, I don't put a lot of stock in the traditional model of integration/disintegration.
with a few exceptions:
1--->7
5--->8
7--->5

for example, I think 9 would be much better off integrating to 7 (focus on the self), 8 would be better off integrating to 1 (moral, self controlled, defender of the weak) and 2 would be better off integrating to 9 (real humility, unity with the world).
9 integrating to 7? What can 7 learn 9 about inner peace? A 9 can focus on oneself, and even become complacent while disengaging to maintain inner peace (health level 5). Sure, it can be the other way also, which I think is what you refer to, when sacrificing oneself in the process of keeping the peace. It's one way or the other, so the challenge is to truly reconcile opposites ('unity'). I think integration to 3 makes more sense, because there is both focus on self-development as well as a focus on the collective ('the world').

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
@Cosmic Orgasm
with a few exceptions:
1--->7
5--->8
7--->5

A lot of 9w8s are already out-and-about to some extent as far as pleasure-seeking, and can be fairly self-focused (they're ego types after all). Their main issue seems to be nihilism, which is where 3 comes in. Although I would agree for 9w1.

·
Banned
17,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Probably because 5 is "cool" and 7 have no worries.
Oddly, almost all the 3s I know off PerC are 6w7-fixed.
most of the 3s I know are 7 fixed, but that comes with the territory being a business major (lots of 7 fixed 3s and 3 fixed 7s)

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
A lot of 3w2s and sexual-last 3s seem 6-fixed. They probably aim for more earthy, prescribed forms of success, like being a doctor, local politician, psychiatrist, a high-ranking officer, etc. 7-fixers will maybe be a bit more grandiose about their vision of success.

·
Banned
4,790 Posts
To be honest, about the E3 close-friends in my life (two 3w2s)... I almost feel like I have something of a "mentor" or "parental" role with them. It's not actually a true mentor role, not by any stretch of imagination, but it's that feeling they have something to learn from my outlook. I suppose it revolves largely around image issues: I thought image was petty in the past and their life is all about image. But then, it has gone both ways, in that they've taught me image can matter and they're a bit less uptight about it.

One of them (368 soc) has recently been talking about working part-time to enjoy hobbies/life. My first thought was, "I've been telling you this for years." I doubt he realizes the connection, but it was highly amusing to me to watch the 3->6 connection play out.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
@Cosmic Orgasm
with a few exceptions:
1--->7
5--->8
7--->5

8 to 2 makes a lot of sense though. Eights need to get in touch with their hidden love for others, which they try to get rid of because it makes them feel vulnerable. It's that love which causes them to be defenders of the weak, and to control some of their impulses for the sake of others. I can really see that with one of my type eight friends. He can come off as very harsh on the outside, but he's actually very caring if you get past that. It's just that type eights learn at a very young age that they have to be tough in order to survive, so that type of thing tends to get muted. I don't see how type two needs to learn unity with the world either. They do try to unify themselves with other people's needs. What they need is to be able to stand on their own, which is why type four actually does make a lot of sense.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts