Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If interested I have also done the 80 Qs questionnaire here: http://personalitycafe.com/whats-my-socionics-type/524818-i-thought-would-fun-what-do-80-qs-mean.html

I appreciate any feedback :)

Personal concepts
1. What is beauty? What is love?

Beauty is a hard concept to define. It is so personal, everyone has a different idea. Beauty can be found even in the most ugly of things.

If I were to describe beauty to someone I would say

“I would ask them where are they going? Why are they travelling? Why are you in such a rush?
Just stop for a moment, a small moment. Stop and be still.
Now look around you, now I mean really look. Tell me what you see?
Do you see how everything is in motion, always in motion. Nothing is ever still. See how we are all travelling, to be some where on time, to visit a loved one, to get to that job interview. See how we are travelling to their pasts, running away from their fears, travelling toward their goals, moving towards their future, searching for happiness. Notice how we are always travelling towards death, and through our travels discover life. See that dance we all play a part it, a story we all write.
For now just stop and be, observe what you see.
Now tell me what you feel?”

I believe love to be composed of three things. A sense of attachment, a sense of lust and a choice to commit. That initial feeling when you first meet someone, that's not love. Love is something more, something deeper. it is comprised of many different feelings that grow over time.

2. What are your most important values?
My most important value is to treat others how I would like to be treated.
I think anything else is second to this or in some ways a part of this value.

3. Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?
I don't hold religious beliefs. I don't see any incentive on following a book that has through history been used to control the masses.

I don't really see myself as a spiritual person. Perhaps my sense of wanting to find and face my inner truths.

4. Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?
I do not see why we need war or the military. To me this is derived from a primitive desire of greed and the survival instinct of fighting for resources. Yet in today's age we are able to generate enough food to feed the world (yet we don't) and we do have the ability to ensure a roof is put over everyone's head. Yet there is still this need or desire humanity has for wanting more, much more than it needs. We have everything we need to survive yet society wants to create a platform that makes us fight for our survival and creating a sense of needing to have as much as we can get.

Power to me is power of the mind, that sense of inner will power, an understanding of inner truths and the perspective one chooses. It is the ability to remain determined, to be able to focus, to be able to reach a goal without giving up. I believe for this to be achieved one needs to know their deep dark secrets, their own insecurities, finding their inner truths. Knowing them, understanding them, and most of all, being able to accept and self forgive I think empowers one to not just emotionally react to a situation but actually control how they respond.

I also think the perspective one holds is just as important. A negative or positive view can significantly change the reaction someone has. A situation that seems to be completely hopeless due to a mistake can be completely turned around if viewed as an opportunity to learn.

It does not matter how strong someone may appear on the outside (be it physical or simply the presence they project) how events internally affect them will bring them down.

Interests
5. What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?

I have had long conversations about politics, world issues, scientific discoveries, philosophy and perception, analyzing peoples problems, just to name a few topics. I Find them quite interesting.

I tend to be interested in the areas of sciences, psychology, politics, world issue/affairs (really the things I enjoy discussing with others). I spend a lot of time reading and surfing google gathering information.

I'm not sure exactly why, I just find it enjoyable. From a young age I was interested in dinosaurs, space, the human body. I just find it fascinating and how it worked.

6. Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?
Yes I am interested. Always interesting coming across weird diseases/phenomenons.
I don't think there is a focus on the body. I'm usually more interesting in how the disease comes about, how it works, what's going wrong/right in the body.

If pain is involved I tend to cringe and may feel a sense of sickness in my stomach. It's something that seems to becoming more extreme as I get older. I have almost fainted due to this (even though my conscious mind was interested in the procedure it was seeing), it took me a while to work out it was the idea of pain not the blood.

7. What do you think of daily chores?
Boring most of the time. I don't usually enjoy them. It's more I do them because I have to (after forgetting about them for a while) or because my space has become too cluttered.

8. Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.
I don't really have a favorite list of movies/books. I often like things in the genres of fantasy, sci-fi, documentary, followed by comedies.

However most movies today tend to be the same in essence. Same plot lines, same types of characters, same ideas, just dressed up in different ways and in different genres. I find I am growing bored of them.

Books lately have been the non fiction variety. I do enjoy adventure/fantasy/futuristic novels.

9. What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?
People make me cry. I can find them frustrating to deal with and tent to feel quite bad when I have manage to upset someone. Otherwise nothing else really bothers me. To me if I can fix something it is not worth getting upset, if I can't fix or change something then I have to learn to accept it, again I don't see the point in being upset with something I can not change.

10. Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?
Often when I am alone. I tend to feel at one when I stop, I stop where I am going, stop what I am thinking, really just stop and just be. Just watching my surroundings, seeing life happen around me, really just existing for the brief moment is when I feel at one with the environment.
Not very often however I tent to spend a lot of time in my head.

Evaluation & Behaviour
11. What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?

Weaknesses people have made me aware of are my communication skills, not checking in with the person I’m interacting with, lacking external awareness around me, seeing me as naive.

I don't really have aspects I dislike about myself. Perhaps the limitation of being human, that my understanding of the world is restricted to my biology, the fact one day I will cease to exist.

12. What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?
People often see my advice as valuable, truthful and makes sense in a soft way. They would say I can be very focused, that I am also nice, friendly and well meaning. Some will say I am intelligent and that I am quite cool calm collected and easy going (yes, my sister can not imagine me losing the plot yelling and screaming out of frustration).

I make an effort to accept and like myself. I think the best parts are being aware of my emotional reactions and questioning them rather than just reacting (and causing a lot more conflict for myself), I also like my ability to focus on things, and my imagination.

13. In what areas of your life would you like help?
I think in relational matters. I can often see how a situation between people can be made better, however I feel I lack the words to help.

In my own relationships I can struggle to set boundaries. There is always the initial I stand up for what I think is right, but then often fold trying to smoothing over and pick up the pieces. I can't stand conflict when someone close is clearly upset with me.

14. Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.
I have. I think it's when I feel like life has become stagnant, that I'm still doing the same things I was years a go yet I have not reached my goals yet. The best way for me to get out of them is to start making small goals and achieving them in a personal growth kind of way.

People & Interactions
15. What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?

I tend to get a long with most people as I can often find something in common. Really I se most people aren't bad people, just people. They may have annoying traits but they are just them and often mean well. I can't condemn someone for just being annoying.

People I don't like are those who do terrible things to others for their own gain, in a sense they believe it's ok to take from others because they believe they are entitled? I don't get their way of thinking, nor how that can not feel empathy for the harm they cause. These are the sorts of people who think it's ok to rape, murder, and other horrendous things.

16. How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?
I'm not really a romantic sort of person. Sex is with someone special.

The qualities...yeah I wrote a list to see if I could get to a hundred things (made it to 80 I think). I was more focused on a person's character, and having similar values and ideas to myself.

Some values being kind hearted, get on with my personality, intelligence, thoughtful.

They also need to have similar goals as myself (for example at some point I want to move to the country side, this will not work with someone who wants t live in the city).

17. If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?
I think my main concerns would be to ensure the child got a good education. I think I would be very involve with what they are learning at school, that they are being taught well and ensure that the teacher is adapting to their learning style.

I would also focus on what the child enjoys and their strengths so I can help them with their interests and their dreams. It's not about what I want for them, rather what they want to achieve themselves in life to come.
I also want them to be able to think for themselves, not learn do as they are told.

18. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?
Meh, I wouldn't care either way. They are entitled to their own beliefs. I would however be interested in them, and why. If I do disagree I'll probably keep that to myself internally whilst still appearing friendly. If they are up for a debate then I will engage (as long as it isn't a heated confrontation where their view is just forced onto me with no consideration about my wants, desires or beliefs)

If it was something horrible (I mean really horrible such as hurting animals for fun kind of horrible), then I would probably end up avoid the person completely. I don't think I would even try to convince them they are wrong, I don't think they listen. A person to ensure does not stay I my life.

19. Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.
Society is just an arbitrary construct which often come with a set of rules (be it social etiquette, cultural norms or tradition).What is interesting is how stable it appears to be and how people attempt to enforce these unwritten rules, yet the whole structure is constantly evolving. My relation to it is that I exist as one small part, and how I choose to conduct myself may (intentionally or unintentionally) influence others and change this dynamic system (even if it is in a small way).

People as a whole, well I see people as individuals with none above or below another. We are all equal as we are all human. We just have unique strengths and talents that allow us to do different things and be different people (however no one talent is inherently better than another, just better suited for different contexts these talents can be applied to)

A current problem I see with society is how it does not function to serve the people in it. For most people at their core they need to have a reason or a purpose to live. There is this idea that what you do (often a job/profession) is your purpose. Ideally to live a full filling life one wants the freedom to pursue their passion and find that purpose. At the very least a job is needed to survive (that is we need the income).

The problem is that jobs do not exist for us to full fill our purpose, to do what we love, or even at a bare minimum to survive. The only exist for someone else to make money. Someone may be brilliant at making hats, this is their thing or their purpose in life, but if no jobs exist then the hat maker can not be a hat maker.

The worst part is that there are people out their working, and working hard, yet still can barely make enough money to live their lives.

We need jobs to exist for us to survive in our current society, but jobs only exist to make someone rich.

20. How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?
Often I am friendly to people and some just stick haha. I tend to be myself around them though I may not share everything.

It is interesting how I have different relationships with different friends. I have friend who I'm often doing things with (such as going out), then I have another that I share more personal things with.

21. How do you behave around strangers?
After the initial contact again I am often myself, I mean who else would I be behaving as? I think the vibe I get will determine if I open up more and continue the interaction or just leave it if I get a sense they aren't interested. I don't like imposing myself onto others.

·
Rebel without a cause
2,725 Posts
I would say IEI (Ni-Fe) is a good place to start. You focus on events, patterns, how they unfold and how to create meaning. Also that you value "strength of will" and that reaching goals is very important to you suggests that you are seeking and valuing Se. You don't appear to come across as an ILI (Ni-Te), there is no Te in this as far as I can see.

Intuitive Ethical Introtim - Wikisocion

·
Spotlight March 2016
8,193 Posts
Hmm.. IEI or SEI, I think. Either could work. I think I see Ne-DS over Se-DS, but... I don't know. :kitteh:

Are you well-versed in Socionics enough to recognize those names?

IEI = Ni-Fe-Ti-Se

SEI = Si-Fe-Ti-Ne

First, check to see which quadra you fit into better:

Socionics Quadras: Beta (IEI would fall into this category)

Socionics Quadras: Alpha (SEI would fall into this category)

Socionics Quadras: Gamma

Socionics Quadras: Delta

Here are descriptions of the two types I've suggested. Descriptions are a basic outline and can be deceptive, though, so keep that in mind.

Socionics Types: IEI-INFp

Socionics Types: SEI-ISFp

Best of luck finding your type!

If you need anymore help, don't hesitate to ask or mention. :kitteh:

·
Rebel without a cause
2,725 Posts
@Word Dispenser - I briefly considered SEI too, however there is too much of a focus on patterns and overarching trends. I don't see the grounded Si, for example when it comes to the health question, there's some interest but the reply is turned away from the internal bodily sensations.

·
Spotlight March 2016
8,193 Posts
World Dispenser - I briefly considered SEI too, however there is too much of a focus on patterns and overarching trends. I don't see the grounded Si, for example when it comes to the health question, there's some interest but the reply is turned away from the internal bodily sensations.
Tee hee. I dispense the world! :kitteh:

My only issue with an IEI typing is that I'm not really seeing Se-DS. I see what could be Ne-DS, though! The Ni makes sense, as you've described. It could also make sense as a role function, I suppose...

But, anyway, that's why I posted my links. Because it's up to the OP to figure it out.

·
Rebel without a cause
2,725 Posts
Tee hee. I dispense the world! :kitteh:

My only issue with an IEI typing is that I'm not really seeing Se-DS. I see what could be Ne-DS, though! The Ni makes sense, as you've described. It could also make sense as a role function, I suppose...

But, anyway, that's why I posted my links. Because it's up to the OP to figure it out.
I agree that typing also needs to come from the individual. I also see it as potentially helpful if you and I discuss since it can bring up important points in what we see.

This quote speaks to me as heavily Ni in the sense that it is a repeating pattern that becomes predictable and as such boring and watching the same movie again and again:
However most movies today tend to be the same in essence. Same plot lines, same types of characters, same ideas, just dressed up in different ways and in different genres. I find I am growing bored of them.
I see Se-seeking in these quotes. What I see is the focus on is the desire for things to happen, to change and of course the "fear" of things becoming stagnant. The dual SLE is just this, a person in action who makes things happen and can show the IEI how to reach the goal, and also use Se to motivate as IEI too often can become passive.
I think it's when I feel like life has become stagnant, that I'm still doing the same things I was years a go yet I have not reached my goals yet. The best way for me to get out of them is to start making small goals and achieving them in a personal growth kind of way.
Power to me is power of the mind, that sense of inner will power, an understanding of inner truths and the perspective one chooses. It is the ability to remain determined, to be able to focus, to be able to reach a goal without giving up. I believe for this to be achieved one needs to know their deep dark secrets, their own insecurities, finding their inner truths. Knowing them, understanding them, and most of all, being able to accept and self forgive I think empowers one to not just emotionally react to a situation but actually control how they respond.

·
Banned
1,536 Posts
I would say IEI over SEI, I don't think that you are a sensor.

Also ego Fe seems most likely. I won't lie, I have trouble getting a straight conclusion with those 21Q. But IEI seems probable.

Edit : Damn, I haven't seen the 80Q. I'm gonna check it.

·
Spotlight March 2016
8,193 Posts
I see Se-seeking in these quotes. What I see is the focus on is the desire for things to happen, to change and of course the "fear" of things becoming stagnant. The dual SLE is just this, a person in action who makes things happen and can show the IEI how to reach the goal, and also use Se to motivate as IEI too often can become passive.
I don't. I think that's more likely Ne-seeking, because it has to do with interest vs. boredom.

The quote on stagnation is connected to this.

And their idea of power is not very Se-seeking-like, from the way I understand. Seems like a mixture of Fe-Ti, if anything.

As said, I'm not against an IEI typing-- This can make sense. I just don't feel that I'm equipped to type as either based on the information we currently have. So, I gave suggestions, and the means in which to continue researching, with the probability of coming back to offer more information based on new knowledge gained.

·
Banned
1,536 Posts
I have read the 80Q, but nothing more came to my mind.
I've seen introversion, ethics, and maybe intuition over sensing.

I don't know if the Se block is actually not valued, or unconscious. But it is very low. Which give a point to intuition.
But I lean toward Fe over Fi. And Ni over Ne. IEI seems the post probable type to me for now, even if the Se-block is bothering.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
@Word Dispenser

I know enough Socionincs to know these questions are pointed towards distinguishing which functions I use in my ego block.
Actually I did something similar to this myself (just realized it was similar to these questions lol). Pretty much more of a focus on my strengths than functions to try and gain some clarity in this thread: http://personalitycafe.com/whats-my-personality-type/559570-what-do-you-think.html

Also I went through the links and highlighted what parts I related to.
I have yet to read the Profiles

Beta Quadra:
Err the group situation seems way to over the top emotionally for me.
I do not care if people join in or not. Really I want people to join in because they want to. This is not my romantic style.

Beta, or the 'second' quadra, includes EIE, LSI, SLE, and IEI. According to the Reinin dichotomies, Beta Quadra is 'Decisive,' 'Merry,' and 'Aristocratic.'

Dominant Elements
The dominant IM elements of the Beta Quadra are Ti, Se, Fe, and Ni. All Beta Quadra types have these elements in the Ego or Super-Id blocks and tend to promote or favor their use over subdued elements.

Ti blocked with Se
Beta quadra types prefer situations where the power structure and hierarchy is clearly defined according to consistent rules where ambiguities are minimized.
Beta quadra types are more confident analysing realistic characteristics of situations, people, and objects, rather than alternative and could-it-be scenarios.
Beta quadra types are inclined to attribute to a new acquaintance traits that they have previously observed in other individuals belonging to the same group as they see the new acquaintance as belonging to (Aristocracy).
Beta quadra types are inclined to look for general rules explaining people, politics, mechanisms and trends, rules that once defined can be applied generally, rather than go about things in a case-by-case way.
Beta quadra types are energized by competitive situations where analytical tactics are emphasized.

Fe blocked with Ni

Beta types tend to enjoy group activities where the whole group participates in generating a common emotional atmosphere, as in laughing at jokes, etc.
Beta types tend to feel energized in the presence of people who share their beliefs and express them with obvious enthusiasm and emotion.
Beta types tend to give more value to feelings when they are demonstrated with clear emotional expression, and tend to increase the level of their own emotional expression in order to get a reaction from other people.
Beta types tend to describe personal views of special meaning with "poetic" or "dramatic" expressions and language.
Beta types are often deeply concerned about social issues and the direction the world is heading. They believe that apathy is a significant cause of societal problems, and work to fight against it.

Subdued Elements
The subdued IM elements of the Beta Quadra are Fi, Ne, Te, and Si. These elements reflect aspects of reality which Beta Quadra types prefer to keep to themselves and not discuss openly.

Fi blocked with Ne
Beta types are not inclined to enjoy discussions of personal experiences when the focus is on a person's own inner feelings, especially when described in a subdued way.
Beta types tend to be skeptical of another individual's potential for personal growth in terms of abilities and character, and dislike being the subject of such a discussion by others about themselves.

Te blocked with Si
Beta types tend to look down on nuts-and-bolts, detailed work as a source of success, preferring to focus on "vision" and leadership.
Beta types don't so much enjoy relaxed personal activities as they do competitive group activities.

Group Behavior
Preference for larger groups where participation is "collective" rather than focused on individuals for any length of time, but with likely "domination" by more assertive individuals. This means that beta groups discuss topics that everyone could contribute to. Frequent unexplained inside jokes are considered impolite because they exclude other people. Jokes are loud and general, often about stereotypes. Betas attempt to draw others into the group activity: for example, in a situation where there are "group rituals" going on (as in drinking, dancing, etc), there is good-natured pressure on "outsiders" to also participate in them, with a sort of puzzled dismay if they prefer not to. They also try to draw attention to people who might otherwise feel left out - usually this is done with general jokes directed at individuals. In more subdued moments, discussion of ideas involving present trends and political implications, with strong views voiced. Personal experiences tend to be discussed from the point of view of their external impact rather than the individual's own personal view of them.

When larger social events are organized by Betas (such as parties, receptions etc), they show an inclination to promote activities that will lead to the guests involved as a single group, such as games and shows; dislike for the "quieter" form of events where guests tend to quietly form smaller groups in more intimate atmospheres, which Betas tend to see as boring.

For Betas atmosphere is more important than specific activity or topic. Groups of betas spend time together to entertain each other. They exchange fun (and often loud) stories to feed the atmosphere, so that the group energy won't run out. People talk fast and they often add comments to other people's stories if they feel that the pace is slowing down. When someone starts to talk, he takes on the obligation to entertain for the duration of the monologue and, in a friendly group, other people only interrupt to try and help him keep control of the atmosphere

Talking about personal matters in a group is not something that Betas generally do. It's viewed almost as treachery when something that was told in a one-on-one conversation is retold in front of a group, or when someone criticizes another person's traits in front of the group. Betas believe such things should be told in private and should not be used to embarrass or belittle a friend.

Betas also don't like it when people tell long, slow stories. Betas try to be polite and listen to the story, and they will forgive you if it was boring for them, but if someone does it too often they might not be invited back. Betas restrict long-winded stories to one-on-one conversations. However, IEIs are more likely to adjust to the slower stories because they are very flexible conversationalists.

Romance Styles
Beta romantic relationships tend to start from intense exchanges of emotions, either of a playful, aggressive sort, or of a more "tormented" sort based on personal images of special meaning, "romantic" in a 19th-century sense. The two sorts merge together to make Beta the quadra most inclined towards "romantic courtship" in the everyday sense of the term. A relationship is felt to be "lacking" if not accompanied by intense demonstrations of emotions. Romantic relationships are also held together by a sense of common goals and purpose, and of the other person as the best partner towards achieving them. Betas are the most intense of all quadras in terms of exchanges of emotional and sensual interplay.

Alpha Quadra:
I think I relate more to Alpha than Beta. Seems more about having fun than being overly emotional or dramatic, which I prefer. I think this romance style is more me.

Alpha, or the 'first' quadra, includes ILE, SEI, ESE, and LII. Reinin characterizes this quadra as Judicious, Merry, and Democratic.

Dominant Elements
Grouping together the elements of the Ego blocks of the Alpha Quadra types, we get a picture of what aspects of life Alpha Quadra types strive to bring to the forefront of life, as well as the kind of group atmosphere and lifestyle they pursue.

Ti blocked with Ne
Alpha types are inclined to discuss highly theoretical concepts as a source of intellectual stimulation and fun rather than for their practical merits.
Alpha types tend to value logically consistent beliefs and ideas, and behavior that is consistent with personal values.
Alpha types typically follow through on their ideas in the form of group activity.

Fe blocked with Si
Alpha types tend to enjoy participating in groups where there is free exchange of positive emotional expression in an atmosphere pleasing to the senses.
Alpha types are inclined to discuss stories told in detail and according to the sequence in which events happened, rather than "jump to the point" quickly.
Alpha types are inclined to show affection for others in the form of small practical services or gifts.
Alpha types tend to feel energized in the positive atmosphere of special events, such as public holidays, parties and special celebrations.

Subdued Elements
Grouping together the elements of the Super-Ego blocks of the Alpha Quadra types, we get a picture of what aspects of life Alpha types strive to keep hidden, avoid, not focus attention on, and keep at the periphery of their lives.

Fi blocked with Se
Alpha types prefer to avoid the discussion of controversial and unpleasant subjects regarding personal relationships while in groups, especially if leading to confrontations.
Alpha types are inclined to be tolerating of minor past misdeeds by others, giving priority to reconciliation and a convivial atmosphere.

Te blocked with Ni
Alpha types are less likely to make investments that require long-term commitment and upkeep. They prefer short-term investments that offer a reliable outcome with minimal involvement.
Alpha types avoid taking direct life advice, preferring to experience and learn for themselves. They perceive people who try to give such advice as pedantic.

Group Behavior
Inclination for comfortable and pleasant group atmosphere, in the emotional, sensorial, and intellectual aspects. An ideal Alpha group situation is the exchange of light-hearted jokes while discussing imaginative ideas, movies, or sometimes sports, all while enjoying pleasant food and drink. Narrating personal experiences usually takes the form of telling a joke; funny personal experiences are preferred over "serious" ones. The exchange of sober concrete details are avoided. If the group is playing a game together, the fun and jokes that go along with it are at least as important as the game itself. They avoid generating "heavy" moments; any dramatic expressions are limited in time, most often in service of a joke. Alphas are also perhaps the most likely types to participate in group use of mind-altering substances.

Alpha discussions tend to go off on tangents, in whatever direction seems most interesting or funny at the moment. Unusual personal observations are common, resulting from the analysis of the idiosyncrasies or inconsistencies of everyday life. If many in the group share the same observations, they are likely to express their agreement emphatically, so as to create a kind of "mental harmony" which enhances the group dynamic. If a new problem is encountered, it is expanded and developed in as many ways as possible, until some kind of satisfactory conclusion is reached.

Alphas make no distinction between "insiders" and "outsiders", easily drawing people into a conversation once it has begun — though they tend to just as easily withdraw if the person is not receptive.
Likewise, they prefer to have the same behavior at work as at play; they find formal speech and dress to be pretentious, unnecessarily limiting, and even ridiculous. Alphas dislike the idea that there is something going on "behind the scenes", preferring to keep things (especially personal motivations) as open and straightforward as possible.

Romance Styles
Romantic relationships usually evolve from sharing activities and interests for fun in a two-person version of the group behavior description above. Priority is given to keeping the partner happy in the sense of a good mood and amused on a daily basis, with avoidance of direct accusations or unnecessarily harsh criticism; relationships are seen as a source of day-to-day fun and happiness. Focus on remembering dates of particular significance and celebrating them. Playful interactions are based around light teasing and making the partner laugh; intimate atmospheres are based on generating a comfortable, welcoming, cozy atmosphere.

Gamma Quadra:
I relate more to this quadra, perhaps less in a 'business' sense.
I think this would best describe my romance style, but without the power play.

Gamma, or the 'third' quadra, includes the types SEE, ILI, LIE, and ESI. The Reinin traits that distinguish Gamma from other quadras are "decisive," "serious," and "democratic."

Dominant Elements
The dominant IM elements of the Gamma Quadra are Fi, Se, Te, and Ni. All Gamma Quadra types have these elements in the Ego or Super-Id blocks and tend to promote or favor their use over subdued elements.

Te blocked with Ni
Gamma types take a longer-term view regarding efficiency and profitability, giving lower priority to the short term. Likewise, they tend to aim at the broader benefits of decisions, rather than only at those affecting themselves, giving them an inclination for self-sacrifice.
Gamma types like to talk about where present trends are leading in terms of potentially profitable events and undertakings.

Gamma types tend to give more value to ideas and concepts that are firmly connected to factual information.

Fi blocked with Se
Gamma types take a hard-line approach regarding ethical principles and the punishment, even revenge, on those who break them.
Gamma types place high value on personal loyalty, once they feel a close relationship has been established.
Gamma types like to discuss personal relationships in a realistic manner and are skeptical that "jerks" can ever become "nice people", for instance.

Subdued Elements
The subdued IM elements of the Gamma Quadra are Fe, Si, Ti, and Ne. These elements reflect aspects of reality which Gamma Quadra types prefer to keep to themselves and not discuss openly.

Fe blocked with Si
Gamma types don't tend to form or maintain groups based on fun, emotional interaction, but only take groups seriously that perform some common productive activity or discuss serious topics.
Gamma types reject the idea that it's best to avoid confrontations so as not to spoil the mood of those present, they prefer directness in settling or at least discussing disagreements.
Gamma types have difficulty relating to emotional atmospheres connected to "special dates" such as public holidays.

Ti blocked with Ne
Gamma types do not see much point in deeply analyzing ideas that they see as having little practical application or connection to reality.
Gamma types are more inclined to speculate and discuss possible developments of present circumstances, or how these came about, than to speculate or analyze alternative scenarios or possibilities.

Group Behavior
Groups made up of primarily Gamma types tend to be small in size; perhaps 6 at most. Laughter and very obvious displays of emotion are subdued, instead, there is a lot of smiling, amusement with ironic and witty remarks or, when serious subjects or not very happy personal experiences are discussed, a serious demeanour. Even such small groups tend to split into smaller ones; perhaps 3 is the ideal "group" size for Gammas.

Group discussions are focused on exchange of information and ideas on subjects of mutual interest, discussing and planning activities together, or on personal experiences. The latter are usually discussed not with the purpose of making people laugh or to boast one's position but to get an insight into the lessons to be drawn from such experiences.

Gammas usually dislike being "drawn" into larger groups where loud exchanges of jokes and quick shifting of one subject to the other are the norm, as in a large dinner table in an informal environment, especially if the group is also somewhat "artificial" as in work colleagues or business partners where personal relationships weren't really spontaneously formed. In such situations, Gammas will tend to focus on the persons sitting immediately near them in order to engage them in more individual conversations or will tend to remain mostly silent, not really participating in the group atmosphere, making the impression of being "introverts" in the everyday meaning of the term.

Once a group is formed, it tends to be wary for some time of "newcomers", being neither exclusive nor inclusive on purpose. Conversations often focus on trends regarding material and yet personal issues, such as career prospects and developments, success or failure of financial investments and enterprises, and the future prospects of romantic relationships, as well as the reasons for the failure of past ones. In more light-hearted moments, such talks get a "bawdy" flavor with some slight teasing.
Other subjects tend to focus on internal work politics from the point of view of how it jeopardizes general efficiency, the nonsense of bureaucracy, and how to be better than competitors.

Romance Styles
Gammas usually have little time for "romance" in the "wooing" meaning of the term; relationships tend to develop rather as the meeting of two individuals interested in a relationship and each other. Elements of "courtship" or "romance" are seen as rituals with less meaning than the feelings involved. Relationships, also friendships, usually develop from exchanges of information, ideas, personal experiences of special significance, and mutual help, proceeding to activities together.

Gamma romantic interactions tend to focus on the longer-term prospects of the relationship in terms of definition, that is, for instance, even if it is to be a temporary relationship, this should be more or less clear, or at least in one's mind, from the beginning. General impatience with flirting for flirting's sake, or for fun; approaches and moves are made with a purpose, which may be altered down the road, nonetheless. Assumption that sexual innuendo and approaches are backed by some sort of emotional attachment.
Once a relationship is established as being romantic, interactions tend to focus on physical and somewhat tough interplay and innuendo. Playful power-games, focusing on intensity of interactions and feelings.

Delta Quadra:
I think I also relate to this Quadra, however I have less focus on being productive. Efficiency yes, because I enjoy being lazy haha, but I don't care so much for productivity.

Delta, or the 'fourth' quadra, includes LSE, EII, IEE, and SLI. Reinin caracterises this quadra as Judicious, Serious, and Aristocratic.

Dominant Elements
Grouping together the elements of the Ego blocks of the Delta Quadra types, we get a picture of what aspects of life Delta Quadra types strive to bring to the forefront of life, as well as the kind of group atmosphere and lifestyle they pursue.

Te blocked with Si
Delta types make a point of talking about the rationale behind their actions and emphasizing the productiveness or unproductiveness of different ways of doing things - even in such emotional areas as personal relationships.
Delta types value peaceful, refreshing activities where they are doing something useful and balancing out their inner world at the same time.
Delta types have the philosophy that they will have to rely on their own industriousness to achieve their goals rather than on luck, speculation, group effort, or strong leadership.

Ne blocked with Fi
Delta types love to share personal experience mixed with their own sentiments regarding their experiences, but all in an insightful and non-dramatic manner.
Delta types like to talk about new beginnings, opportunities for personal growth, and their plans and prospects for the future.

Subdued Elements
Grouping together the elements of the Super-Ego blocks of the Delta Quadra types, we get a picture of what aspects of life Delta types strive to keep hidden, avoid, not focus attention on, and keep at the periphery of their lives.

Fe blocked with Ni
Delta types rarely display their deep passions and vision, preferring instead to talk in more neutral terms about what they want to do and why.
Delta types reject dramatism and emotional affect in favor of wry humor and understatement.
Delta types don't tend to form or maintain groups based on fun, emotional interaction, but only take groups seriously that perform some common productive or restful activity.
Delta types generally dislike using poetic wording when describing their inner state, but talk simply about what they feel or their bodily sensations.

Se blocked with Ti
Delta types do not fare well in high-pressure situations where they are being forced to do things, are facing threatening opponents, or are submitted to rigorous discipline, but wear out quickly and look for a more peaceful and welcoming environment.

Group Behavior
Groups made up of primarily Delta types tend to be focused on working on projects, enjoying physical recreation, or finding out interesting things about each other. Laughter is usually subdued and brief; instead, people smile a lot and try to be witty and welcoming. Groups need to be focused on some specific productive activity or topic of discussion, or else they fall apart. In Delta groups, there is a lot of splintering and decentralization. This allows for more focused and productive interaction with only those who share your particular interests or sentiments. People jump from small group to small group easily to keep up their interest level. No one demands that the entire group listen to one person or that everyone do the same thing. Delta Quadra types believe that if everyone just pursues their own interests and makes some accommodations for others, the group will be better off anyway. Delta Quadra types do not focusing on building group identity or unity of purpose, but prefer for the group to remain splintered and decentralized.

Romance Styles
Delta romantic relationships usually begin simply as the encounter of two individuals interested in a relationship and each other in a particular moment, with very little in terms of outward demonstrations of "romance" in the "wooing" sense of the term or in strong external demonstrations of emotions. Deltas are more focused on the present moment than Gammas, and therefore even relationships of very strong attachment do not lead to constant concerns as to their longer-term practical feasibility. Deltas see as optimal romantic relationships those where partners spend time together on fun activities and sharing ideas of potential practical application. Romantic atmospheres are low-key, based on comfort but practicality.

@Inguz @westlose
I find it interesting everyone is leaning towards Fe. Others often see Fi (however not strictly Socioninc's Fi).

I think someone suggested to me at some stage they thought I was INFj. They believed is was Fi dom, I could use Ni well but did not value it, and that I had Se as my PoLR.
Seems like Se is causing some problems lol.

Thanks all for the replies.

·
Registered
18,510 Posts
I have interacted with @Ksara a fair bit outside of socionics, and I think she's an EII fwiw. I haven't looked at the questionnaire, but this is more based on how we've had discussions in the past about our functional makeups, and what stood out to me eventually, was that she did not strike me as an Ni dom because she frankly doesn't enjoy Se stuff, periwinklepromise and she seemed to value Fi and intuition. So EII.

Se and Te can appear similar as a DS, because Te is also about getting stuff moving and going. I also don't overall see Fe in the questionnaire e.g. the way she answered war struck me more as something a delta NF would think than a beta NF. She seems to attribute greed as a concept as an intrinsic motivation for example, rather than as its own separate object that Fe types do. Static > dynamic.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have interacted with @Ksara a fair bit outside of socionics, and I think she's an EII fwiw. I haven't looked at the questionnaire, but this is more based on how we've had discussions in the past about our functional makeups, and what stood out to me eventually, was that she did not strike me as an Ni dom because she frankly doesn't enjoy Se stuff, periwinklepromise and she seemed to value Fi and intuition. So EII.

Se and Te can appear similar as a DS, because Te is also about getting stuff moving and going. I also don't overall see Fe in the questionnaire e.g. the way she answered war struck me more as something a delta NF would think than a beta NF. She seems to attribute greed as a concept as an intrinsic motivation for example, rather than as its own separate object that Fe types do. Static > dynamic.
What is 'Se stuff?'

Interesting static>dynamic. My drawing style suggests the opposite haha.

Would you be able to give me more information on Te and Se as DS?
Yeah I don't often enjoy getting stuff moving/going, I can agree with that. Perhaps this explains the resentment I have, having to make stuff happen to bring about others ideas (or deal with their upset/disappointment even when explaining that it's not my responsibility)

·
Registered
18,510 Posts
What is 'Se stuff?'

Interesting static>dynamic. My drawing style suggests the opposite haha.

Would you be able to give me more information on Te and Se as DS?
Yeah I don't often enjoy getting stuff moving/going, I can agree with that. Perhaps this explains the resentment I have, having to make stuff happen to bring about others ideas (or deal with their upset/disappointment even when explaining that it's not my responsibility)
Statics and dynamics - Wikisocion

Te and Se DS is the difference between seeking someone to literally kick you butt to get to work and someone who helps to structure and organize your environment. Te focuses on fact, production, productivity, efficiency. Se focuses on action, experience, force, to push things to see how far you can go.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Statics and dynamics - Wikisocion

Te and Se DS is the difference between seeking someone to literally kick you butt to get to work and someone who helps to structure and organize your environment. Te focuses on fact, production, productivity, efficiency. Se focuses on action, experience, force, to push things to see how far you can go.

I'm still looking into that dichotomy to understand it.
I wrote about an event to see for myself but not sure about the analysis.

What did I do last summer?:
Last summer I went on a road trip with my partner and his dog. We essentially drove across the country to his visit family, camping a long the way to avoid paying for accommodation. We were able to find many dog friendly camp sights and enjoyed that change of scenery. It was a relief when we got to our destination as we were able to shower and sleep in a comfortable bed. A lot of time was spent with getting to know his the family, and to celebrate His Nan's 90th birthday. His family were nice. The weather was great, we went swimming at many of the beaches. The duration of our stay with his family lasted about two weeks before we had to head back for my grandma's 70th birthday.

As for seeing events as discrete occurrences or as one dynamic events I'm not to sure. I may lean towards discrete events simply because I'm not paying attention to remember the whole thing. Often I remember the gist of what happened or what someone said rather than the exact details of what happened.

However, if I am going to do something, then I'll imagine the event as a whole. I see the process unfolding and not discrete events.

Same with writing stories. My imagination will see the events unfold. I will gravitate towards one characters point of view, but will play scenes in my head of other characters without the main one.

I don't think I seek someone to kick my butt. Maybe to have fun with every once in a while when I'm frustrated and tired of looking at consequences and want to be a little reckless, but not my butt kicked.

If seeking Te as in seeking someone that would manage everything for me so I don't have to worry, I think anyone would like that haha.

Personally I find Te from an ENFP I know well to be jarring. A focus on lets be productive, and efficient, yet lacking the ability to prioritise. Even worst when my idea of being productive is having as little to do as possible (that is I've done what I have needed to do), where for him there is a focus on doing things (anything, as long as it's doing that contributes to something. If there is nothing to do, find something to do).

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I think the video I have with Abraxas is a great example of the dynamic worldview in general:

@Entropic the first 5 minutes of the video I found interesting. That summary of information, or having an idea that assimilates new information you come across into the idea. I get that, that is why I feel certain about introversion. What information seems necessary, what can be forgotten, what comes together to get the ‘gist’ of a thing, idea, concept, memories, etc.

Just to expand, this is very opposite to the Ne dom I know very well. Ne is understanding all the information as it is as a whole. It’s paying attention to all the little pieces as everything could be potentially relevant. It’s like I will ask, “so goldilocks was found in little bears bead?” and what I receive is “well we need to go from the start, once upon a time, there were three bears, Papa bear, Mama bear, and little bear…” I get everything, and often goes down a tangent and my question never gets directly answered.

You perceive me to be INFP, so I’m curious is the different between INFP and ENFP that great?

This video is helpful and I am confident I am not a Ti dom and definitely not that precises about words. Words more to paint a picture than for precision, but even then it’s an impossible task to be painting the picture inside ones head.

You believe seeing/making connections are an introverted process? How does Ji and Pi differ in this connection process?

It’s interesting because I’m finding a lot I relate too. The aspects of your personalities that enneagram is more responsible for. Being accepting or nice to others to avoid potential problems rather than it being a value or virtue. This is why I associate with enneagram 9. My friends would describe me as the most considerate/accepting person they know, but really it’s because I don’t care. (I need to be watching that though, it’s too easy for me to let go of things or to stop caring)

I find I’m relating a lot to Abraxas. There’s something he’s doing in his communication that I do. It’s an odd feeling, kind of like when I find myself imitating other people’s body language (even if they aren’t around me), Kind of like wearing their face, or it feels like seeing through their eyes. All I see is them in my minds eye.

It’s like when I’m in a silly mood, just saying random things convincing someone to believe the absurdity of it, something my ENFP always does. It’s like I have become my partner for those 5 minutes of silliness. I guess the weird and wonderful way of making connections.

I still have more of the video to watch and will presumably have more questions to ask. I don't see the dynamic example yet, but I think thats more due to focusing on the content being discussed than how the content is being discussed.

Also, nice cat :p

·
Registered
18,510 Posts
@Ksara your story is very static, identifying general principles and ideas. It's very short though, so it may affect the structure of things, but overall it feels very snapshot. The only part that feels more dynamic was the second sentence or so.

And yes, the difference between introversion and extroversion is that big. In Socionics INFPs have stronger Ni and use Ni more than Ne.

·
Registered
INTJ 5w4 Sx/Sp
2,387 Posts
@Ksara My first impressions were Fi-Ne, and after reading the whole thing I'm sure that you're an EII-INFj. Many of your traits that you've described fit into the general description of one as well.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
@Ksara your story is very static, identifying general principles and ideas. It's very short though, so it may affect the structure of things, but overall it feels very snapshot. The only part that feels more dynamic was the second sentence or so.

Here is a sample of my writing from a few years ago. It's a bit longer. Should help to confirm static.

Thick heavy grey clouds sat unmoving in the sky, rain falling, pelting down on the window. The landscape passing by, constantly evolving and changing, from open fields to small built up towns. Now just a blur of grass and brush. Only the hum of the tyres against the road and the light drumming of the rain was all to be heard. Louder though, was the stern silence that hung over them, a tense atmosphere in the air. A blanket suffocating them with the remnants of harsh words said before stitched into its fabric.

Two hazel eyes were gazing far beyond anything seen. Lost in a daydream, she only became aware of the countryside beyond her window when a cow sailed past, then to her reflection in the window. The streaking rain caught her attention. Fitting for today, she thought.

Kate let out a sigh, which was amplified by the silence, startling her slightly. The road trip had been long. Nothing said for what seemed like days even though the last argument erupted early that morning. Again her eyes settled on her reflection.

Kate never saw herself as a very pretty girl. Her hair was just a dull brown and shoulder length, her hazel eyes not as blue as her mother’s. She looked more like her father than her mother, who she always thought looked rather pretty. Her brother was lucky to take after their mother. The very thought of how her friends would always swoon over him was somewhat of an annoyance. I won’t be seeing them for a long time, she thought, letting out another sigh, again very loud in contrast to the hum of the tyres, accompanied with a hint of sadness.

She could only imagine the sour expression on her brother’s face, sitting behind her in the car. He had refused to sit anywhere near their mother. He was not talking to her. A change from the arguing at least. It was tense between them. Her mother trying to make ends meet, Seth being stubborn. Just like their father.

It was a shame to lose the family farm. It had been a wonderful place for her to grow up. She loved the open paddocks and all the animals in her life. Already she was missing the fresh air and the adventure of exploring the vast world around her small town. After the accident it was hard for her mother to make ends meet. It was tough on everyone. Her brother, Seth, particularly didn’t handle it well, becoming more withdrawn each day. And knowing what the farm meant to their dad, he would not forgive their mother for selling it. He’s just too stubborn to realize mum was doing her best.

Even though it was sad to leave, Kate decided to remain positive. For her this was a chance to explore, to go on a new adventure of discovery. She found this prospect to be exciting, imagining what their new place would be like. Perhaps they were to live in a small house deep in the woods, with a little white picket fence and a tree house in the backyard. Maybe it will be in the suburbs with many more people in her neighborhood than were ever in her home town. Maybe the house they will live in will be haunted…

A sharp jolt in the road shook her in her seat bringing her back to reality, the rain still falling, the clouds a little darker.

“Good one,” Seth said in displeasure

Belinda sighed. Kate looked over at her mother driving. She looked weary, the creases in her skin more noticeable than usual. A couple of grey hairs amongst the dark, something Kate had never noticed before. It has been stressful.

The landscape beyond the window was again now different. Trees were now speeding past replacing the brush before, the rain still falling.

Thud! As another pothole was hit

“God” Seth muttered.

“Well I’m sorry!” Belinda snapped, glaring at him in the rear view mirror.

“Well it’s your fault I’m stuck in this eefin car,” he spat back

Again Belinda sighed. She was too tired to argue with Seth. Kate could see this and avoided getting involved. Again the sound of silence filled the car.

“We should be there close to seven,” Belinda said to Kate.

Seth mumbled something under his breath just out of earshot to form recognizable words.

“So, three more hours” Kate said, returning her attention to looking out the window.

And yes, the difference between introversion and extroversion is that big. In Socionics INFPs have stronger Ni and use Ni more than Ne.
Well to me it seems huge. At times annoyingly huge, and it stumps me how to achieve some value/respect for each point of view as at times they can be so opposite.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts