Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, fellow users within PersonalityCafe :)! While I have concluded in prior times that my mother is likely an INFJ, I still am somewhat doubtful as to what type she truly is, nonetheless, and have yet to identify a personality type that genuinely fits her. With this in mind, I have created a number of observations I've made on her actions in order to somehow get some assistance from you guys. Here are my perceptions below:

- Rather candid and straightforward when it comes towards situations, you can invariably turn towards my mother if you yearn for an honest answer over a particular issue

-While this is somehwat difficult for me to be able to construe, she bears a crude and sarcastic sort of humour
that she generally displays towards others, whether that humour of hers involves sex, a certain person's actions (as I've stated with her deeming my father as "Mr. Peleon", which means "Mr. Argumentive" in English, in a past post of mine...), or merely life's ironies as a whole.

-EXTREMELY sensitive to the extent that she will misinterpret one's gestures as their somehow being angered at her or solely in a rotten mood at that particular moment, in addition towards a dislike towards conflict and arguments, whichcan result in her turning towards passive-aggression that eventually causes her to explode into emotional outbursts in which she will become hysterical and need privacy in order to cool down from.

-Is the sort of parent whom, while being rather firm and strcit when she needs to be, tends to predominatly be an easygoing and passive whom appears to be free from notable bias and enjoys having a fun time with her children meanwhile she watches them grow and mature, in addition to engaging in activities alongside them and becoming their best friend.

-While she tends to hold grudges for extended periods of time that stunt her ability to forget certain happenings, you can invariably count on my mother for forgiveness and genuine understanding no matter how subsequenly you may have targeted her internal core, for she is but courteous and civil even towards the ones she feels most resent towards due to her living by life philosophy of treating others the way you long to be treated because of your unawareness of just "who will be providing you with shelter and wiping your butt", as she sates herself.

-Possesses this rather odd ability of developing premonitions and predicitng life happenings ina blunt and matter-of-fact sort of mannerism that usually turn out to be truthful, oddly enough, in addition towards her being able to presume a beings personality upon initial appearance without much effort to it, which happens to be one of the main reasoinings as to why I even believed her to be an INFJ to begin with.

- Never appears to take much of life's happenings to heart, with the exemption of conflict, for my mother appears to be one whom generally goes with the flow of things and make the best out of each situation she is presented with, stating that life itself is but too short to live with anger and melancholy.

- While she is rather hot-blooded and assertive when she yearns to be, my mother tends to be more submissive and passive than confrontational, for in addition towards her wanting me to have a decent childhood and adolescence, she wants to maintain peace and consenus within our household at whatever cost, tending to idealize and sugarcoat issues at given periods of time.

-When my mother is enfuriated, as I stated above, she tends to supress it and turn it into passive-aggrassion, generally imploding over whatever issue has been bothering her and acting in a rather tense and sarcastic mannerism towards others until the pain or frustation has eluded her system.

-Is seemingly accepting of life's obstacles and tends to see occurances most would either anger from or feel fearsome of as a sort of thrill and a minor happening that won't ruin much of anything within her day, such as our finding ourselves lost in traffic within one of our family's cars meanwhile my father had already maneuvered through half the way home within our new recently bought automobile, in addition towards our nearly bumping into another vehicle due to having had taken an incorrect turn...

-Generally refrains from judging others by their covers and tries to find good within other beings. You likely could be just about the oddest, creepiest being within life's existence, and my mother couldn't care less. She additionally cannot stand those whom are controlling and domineering, and tends to openly express this dislike of hers momentarily.

-While she enjoys seeing possibilites within life, she still is not overly idealistic and threoretical, nevertheless, for she mainly tends to appear more practical and realistic, living more or so within the present momen. She generally is able to handle daily matters with ease and tranquility, such as cooking meals, filling out bills and taxes, and maintaining a decent and stable household, although ahe admittedly can find those whom put too many expectations upon her without much gratitude to be disrespectful and inconsiderate, which exasperates her.

-Appears to be ambiverted when it comes towards social matters, for while she generally is fun-loving and free-spirited in her interactions with others, she likewise doesn't mind being on her lonesome at home every once in a while and for the most part, additionally tends to be more solitary that extraverted, which is one of the reasonings as to why I find her to be more introverted than extroverted.

-Enjoys relaxing at dozing off when she is able to throughout days in which she is not at work, such as napping hroughout midday, playing solitare within her computer, or merely shopping throughout distinct stores.

So, what do you guys believe? I additionally am willing to accept any sort of open from any personality type with this, as always, by the way.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
OK. a lot of observations, but hey that's good. i'll give it a shot. :)

- Rather candid and straightforward when it comes towards situations, you can invariably turn towards my mother if you yearn for an honest answer over a particular issue dont know

-While this is somehwat difficult for me to be able to construe, she bears a crude and sarcastic sort of humour that she generally displays towards others, whether that humour of hers involves sex, a certain person's actions (as I've stated with her deeming my father as "Mr. Peleon", which means "Mr. Argumentive" in English, in a past post of mine...), or merely life's ironies as a whole. could be yes

-EXTREMELY sensitive to the extent that she will misinterpret one's gestures as their somehow being angered at her or solely in a rotten mood at that particular moment, in addition towards a dislike towards conflict and arguments, whichcan result in her turning towards passive-aggression that eventually causes her to explode into emotional outbursts in which she will become hysterical and need privacy in order to cool down from. sounds more INFP to me...

-Is the sort of parent whom, while being rather firm and strcit when she needs to be, tends to predominatly be an easygoing and passive whom appears to be free from notable bias and enjoys having a fun time with her children meanwhile she watches them grow and mature, in addition to engaging in activities alongside them and becoming their best friend. can't tell from that...

-While she tends to hold grudges for extended periods of time that stunt her ability to forget certain happenings, you can invariably count on my mother for forgiveness and genuine understanding no matter how subsequenly you may have targeted her internal core, for she is but courteous and civil even towards the ones she feels most resent towards due to her living by life philosophy of treating others the way you long to be treated because of your unawareness of just "who will be providing you with shelter and wiping your butt", as she sates herself. possibly INFJ but her motivation does strike me as slightly odd for an INFJ who i think more likely would do it just for the sake of helping others, not actually expecting anything in return

-Possesses this rather odd ability of developing premonitions and predicitng life happenings ina blunt and matter-of-fact sort of mannerism that usually turn out to be truthful, oddly enough, in addition towards her being able to presume a beings personality upon initial appearance without much effort to it, which happens to be one of the main reasoinings as to why I even believed her to be an INFJ to begin with. ought to be Ni, but not necessarily INFJ

- Never appears to take much of life's happenings to heart, with the exemption of conflict, for my mother appears to be one whom generally goes with the flow of things and make the best out of each situation she is presented with, stating that life itself is but too short to live with anger and melancholy. if she's an INFJ, that is just a mask, but an INFJ could give that appearance, yes

- While she is rather hot-blooded and assertive when she yearns to be, my mother tends to be more submissive and passive than confrontational, for in addition towards her wanting me to have a decent childhood and adolescence, she wants to maintain peace and consenus within our household at whatever cost, tending to idealize and sugarcoat issues at given periods of time. the ability to be assertive, but still preferring to stay out of conflict is INFJ, the sugarcoating is not afaik (thinking INFP again)

-When my mother is enfuriated, as I stated above, she tends to supress it and turn it into passive-aggrassion, generally imploding over whatever issue has been bothering her and acting in a rather tense and sarcastic mannerism towards others until the pain or frustation has eluded her system.don't know, i personally wouldn't

-Is seemingly accepting of life's obstacles and tends to see occurances most would either anger from or feel fearsome of as a sort of thrill and a minor happening that won't ruin much of anything within her day, such as our finding ourselves lost in traffic within one of our family's cars meanwhile my father had already maneuvered through half the way home within our new recently bought automobile, in addition towards our nearly bumping into another vehicle due to having had taken an incorrect turn... could be INFJ

-Generally refrains from judging others by their covers and tries to find good within other beings. You likely could be just about the oddest, creepiest being within life's existence, and my mother couldn't care less. She additionally cannot stand those whom are controlling and domineering, and tends to openly express this dislike of hers momentarily. sounds like an NF

-While she enjoys seeing possibilites within life, she still is not overly idealistic and threoretical, nevertheless, for she mainly tends to appear more practical and realistic, living more or so within the present momen. She generally is able to handle daily matters with ease and tranquility, such as cooking meals, filling out bills and taxes, and maintaining a decent and stable household, although ahe admittedly can find those whom put too many expectations upon her without much gratitude to be disrespectful and inconsiderate, which exasperates her. doesn't come across to me as relating to any particular type...

-Appears to be ambiverted when it comes towards social matters, for while she generally is fun-loving and free-spirited in her interactions with others, she likewise doesn't mind being on her lonesome at home every once in a while and for the most part, additionally tends to be more solitary that extraverted, which is one of the reasonings as to why I find her to be more introverted than extroverted. an INFJ would not normally look like an INFJ when being social, so that fits.

-Enjoys relaxing at dozing off when she is able to throughout days in which she is not at work, such as napping hroughout midday, playing solitare within her computer, or merely shopping throughout distinct stores. might be unrelated to type, but if it isn't it seems to met to be not very NF
In general she reminds me of my mother-in-law. But unfortunately i don't know here type.

My feeling is not that of an INFJ, but that mostly just a guess.

So, who's next in having a go at this? :laughing:

·
Registered
479 Posts
Hmm... ISFP? Maybe? :unsure:

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I've been thinking some more, and would suggest ISFJ might be a possibility, or ESFJ. Check out the descriptions at Portrait of an ESFJ and see if either or both would be a possible description of her.

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
Sounds like my mother :crazy:

She is ISFJ. Overlaps - caustic humor directed at people who tried to put her down, but generally she is nice, service is how she shows her love, her idea of service is to provide for comfort of others physically, she relates to her children on emotional level rather than a strict hierarchy "follow these rules or else", right now in middle age her Ne seems to be developing and she is experiencing desire for travel and has become more outgoing. Before it was very difficult to persuade her move to a new place, last time we moved she was even crying.

To me it feels that she is more emotionally 'reactive' than me. Whenever we're watching a movie together she might exclaim something or express positive emotions, laugh or say that she is scared, she reacts emotionally scene to scene, to the precise moment as is typical for S vs N. My emotional reaction as N is really spread out and not very strong in comparison to hers. She cannot watch horror and action movies and prefers comedy or just light movies about relationships. My father though likes to watch action movies and she always judged him negatively about it. Me on the other hand I am prone to think "in this scene the director wanted to portray X happening, but in reality it is just actors using red paint for blood, nobody is really getting killed" so then I don't react emotionally and can watch these movies with him.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts