Personality Cafe banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been addicted to trying to type people to see how compatible I am with them, but since I'm not the greatest expert on MBTI types and Cognitive Functions, I'd like to see if I'm correct and if you don't think I am, then what you think :happy: I also have a few people who I have no idea about:

Me: INFJ
One thing is I'm a definite Introvert. I have stages where I will talk a lot but it is usually only 4 people I will with (my household and my best friend). I'm not usually the one who will naturally take a leading position, but if I think that someone I know needs someone to guide them through something, I will try and help. I'm usually the idea's generator in my group, especially when it is advice (I've never been in a relationship and I've helped out in them before :tongue: ). I'm in school at the minute and my two favourite places are School Council Meetings (I've been also helping with the running of that this year) and my Ethics Class. My opinions are important to me but I only really speak up when I have planned what to say in my head or if they haven't been mentioned. I'm VERY stubborn, especially if people don't listen to me (since I don't speak up too much I sometimes get ignored when I do) or someone is trying to change my method for something I'm doing, more when I've already started. I take a long time to warm up to people and until I think I've completely figured out them, I'll only speak to them if they've asked me a question. I'm pretty balanced when it comes to school subjects like English and Maths. Maths is the one I am more likely to be classed as 'Gifted and Talented' for, but I have a good talent for Poetry and Creative Writing (I have always wanted to publish my own book series). I'm also the sort of person to (not to sound cocky) win quite a few awards but I like to celebrate with my tutor or with my family. I'm also a worrier, big time :frustrating:

Mum: ESXX?
I haven't got the greatest idea on what she is, because she hasn't been at her best for the last 6 years or so. She wasn't around when I was a child as much as most mothers because she was in Uni so I don't know much before then.
She usually likes to stay in her room and watch video's most of the time and has a tendency to get on better with people she see's a lot but not everyday. She has stages where she'll talk for a long time though, and when she does, it's usually about what other people have done (usually her boss but sometimes historical figures). She sometimes has stages where she'll put something forward, but when someone or something changes what she thinks, she'll usually come up with something new based on how their idea's affect hers. She likes to plan things, but she rarely will go through with them on time or at all. She also has a tendency to not understand the word no, especially with me and still treats me like a child which is annoying since I'm probably more mature than her. I think this is because she hates change unless she's the one controlling it. She's hard to decipher.
Our relationship is pretty difficult because she tries to hide things from me but I can figure them out. She also has addictions to caffeine and tobacco which she gets very defensive when they are mentioned. She also isn't the greatest person to start a conversation if you don't want to talk about the same things. However, she is very easily affected if you don't give her what she's given you back, even the smallest things such as a hug. She tried the test and got ESFP but it didn't fit her, nor did the one she thought- ISFP.

Grandma: ISXX?
A little more sure on my Grandma than my Mum, but I'd still like some help.
My Grandma is a pretty hard woman to get positive emotion out of, because she's the sort of woman to teach you about what you'll have to face in the world rather than the stereotypical kind old lady who gives you a fridge full of food every time you go to her house.
I tried to get her to do the test but she left most of the answers neutral. She got an ISFP. I think this could be possible, but to others, she seems much more like a Thinker than a Feeler.
She is the sort of person who will teach you things how they are and say them how they are, but if you get closer to her, you'll realise she's easily affected and has a Thinker shell to protect herself more than anything. I also think she's a Perceiver because she can be very random and when she wants you to do something, she'll get annoyed if you say no. She's as stubborn as I've ever seen.
We get along great, but I think that she doesn't like that I'm so easily affected by emotions. And when we're both being stubborn, you won't be able to stop us :laughing: A lot of people say I'm her doppelgänger, which I think is slightly true, but I'm more of the dreamer of big, long-term ideas, but she prefers short term ideas such as window shopping, designing me and herself clothes and other crafty things. She also likes to keep herself going and is very motivational to herself (not so much to others). She's 63 and a Black Belt in Karate :wink:
She's a lot like a mother to me so we are very close. Another thing is she hates complainers and she isn't afraid to tell you when you've gone to far in her eyes.

Granddad: ISTJ
I think this one is correct, because I've been on several websites for this type and they all describe him.
He loves to help people, especially if he feels it is his duty or he can use his intellectual abilities to help him. He's both practical and intelligent but can sometimes be a bit of an underling than a person, especially with people he knows that he knows won't accept him not doing what he has been asked of.
We get on pretty good, but he can go from being a prankster who loves to have deep conversations (a lot are with me), to a very cold and blunt person from very minor things. He also likes solitude and only forgives you for breaking it if you talk about some of his interests.
He's pretty hard to describe :frustrating:

Best Friend: ESFJ or ENFP
She's an extravert definitely, as she knows near enough one thing about everyone in my school with about 400 people there. She's also very sensitive; if you don't support her values, then you won't be on her good side.
She was originally in a group of 17 but she started staying with me because she doesn't like how they act (most of them are ESTX's). We're a pretty good duo- she gives me confidence to express myself, and she struggles to find the right people she can express her more personal problems to, but I know a lot of things she wouldn't tell anyone else. She's a big complimenter and loves hugs, but she's a very good poker face. She will also fight for her values strongly, even arguing with teachers that most people wouldn't dare with. She also is very naggy if you don't speak out when you need to, especially if it is a valid point or it involves health or emotions. When you do something positive, such as win something or do charity work, she'll shower you with compliments and may even go as far as giving you something.

I might add more people later on too, but if you need to ask me any questions about anything feel free to and I will respond as quickly as I can.
Thank you so much if you help me!

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Me: INFJ
One thing is I'm a definite Introvert. I have stages where I will talk a lot but it is usually only 4 people I will with (my household and my best friend). I'm not usually the one who will naturally take a leading position, but if I think that someone I know needs someone to guide them through something, I will try and help. I'm usually the idea's generator in my group, especially when it is advice (I've never been in a relationship and I've helped out in them before :tongue: ). I'm in school at the minute and my two favourite places are School Council Meetings (I've been also helping with the running of that this year) and my Ethics Class. My opinions are important to me but I only really speak up when I have planned what to say in my head or if they haven't been mentioned. I'm VERY stubborn, especially if people don't listen to me (since I don't speak up too much I sometimes get ignored when I do) or someone is trying to change my method for something I'm doing, more when I've already started. I take a long time to warm up to people and until I think I've completely figured out them, I'll only speak to them if they've asked me a question. I'm pretty balanced when it comes to school subjects like English and Maths. Maths is the one I am more likely to be classed as 'Gifted and Talented' for, but I have a good talent for Poetry and Creative Writing (I have always wanted to publish my own book series). I'm also the sort of person to (not to sound cocky) win quite a few awards but I like to celebrate with my tutor or with my family. I'm also a worrier, big time :frustrating:
ISF would be my guess. There's hints of Inferior Ne, but also hints of Fi.

Mum: ESXX?
I haven't got the greatest idea on what she is, because she hasn't been at her best for the last 6 years or so. She wasn't around when I was a child as much as most mothers because she was in Uni so I don't know much before then.
She usually likes to stay in her room and watch video's most of the time and has a tendency to get on better with people she see's a lot but not everyday. She has stages where she'll talk for a long time though, and when she does, it's usually about what other people have done (usually her boss but sometimes historical figures). She sometimes has stages where she'll put something forward, but when someone or something changes what she thinks, she'll usually come up with something new based on how their idea's affect hers. She likes to plan things, but she rarely will go through with them on time or at all. She also has a tendency to not understand the word no, especially with me and still treats me like a child which is annoying since I'm probably more mature than her. I think this is because she hates change unless she's the one controlling it. She's hard to decipher.
Our relationship is pretty difficult because she tries to hide things from me but I can figure them out. She also has addictions to caffeine and tobacco which she gets very defensive when they are mentioned. She also isn't the greatest person to start a conversation if you don't want to talk about the same things. However, she is very easily affected if you don't give her what she's given you back, even the smallest things such as a hug. She tried the test and got ESFP but it didn't fit her, nor did the one she thought- ISFP.
Not a lot to go on.

Grandma: ISXX?
A little more sure on my Grandma than my Mum, but I'd still like some help.
My Grandma is a pretty hard woman to get positive emotion out of, because she's the sort of woman to teach you about what you'll have to face in the world rather than the stereotypical kind old lady who gives you a fridge full of food every time you go to her house.
I tried to get her to do the test but she left most of the answers neutral. She got an ISFP. I think this could be possible, but to others, she seems much more like a Thinker than a Feeler.
She is the sort of person who will teach you things how they are and say them how they are, but if you get closer to her, you'll realise she's easily affected and has a Thinker shell to protect herself more than anything. I also think she's a Perceiver because she can be very random and when she wants you to do something, she'll get annoyed if you say no. She's as stubborn as I've ever seen.
We get along great, but I think that she doesn't like that I'm so easily affected by emotions. And when we're both being stubborn, you won't be able to stop us :laughing: A lot of people say I'm her doppelgänger, which I think is slightly true, but I'm more of the dreamer of big, long-term ideas, but she prefers short term ideas such as window shopping, designing me and herself clothes and other crafty things. She also likes to keep herself going and is very motivational to herself (not so much to others). She's 63 and a Black Belt in Karate :wink:
She's a lot like a mother to me so we are very close. Another thing is she hates complainers and she isn't afraid to tell you when you've gone to far in her eyes.
Probably a Fi type.

Granddad: ISTJ
I think this one is correct, because I've been on several websites for this type and they all describe him.
He loves to help people, especially if he feels it is his duty or he can use his intellectual abilities to help him. He's both practical and intelligent but can sometimes be a bit of an underling than a person, especially with people he knows that he knows won't accept him not doing what he has been asked of.
We get on pretty good, but he can go from being a prankster who loves to have deep conversations (a lot are with me), to a very cold and blunt person from very minor things. He also likes solitude and only forgives you for breaking it if you talk about some of his interests.
He's pretty hard to describe :frustrating:
Sounds more like Fe than Fi. ISTP would be my guess.

Best Friend: ESFJ or ENFP
She's an extravert definitely, as she knows near enough one thing about everyone in my school with about 400 people there. She's also very sensitive; if you don't support her values, then you won't be on her good side.
She was originally in a group of 17 but she started staying with me because she doesn't like how they act (most of them are ESTX's). We're a pretty good duo- she gives me confidence to express myself, and she struggles to find the right people she can express her more personal problems to, but I know a lot of things she wouldn't tell anyone else. She's a big complimenter and loves hugs, but she's a very good poker face. She will also fight for her values strongly, even arguing with teachers that most people wouldn't dare with. She also is very naggy if you don't speak out when you need to, especially if it is a valid point or it involves health or emotions. When you do something positive, such as win something or do charity work, she'll shower you with compliments and may even go as far as giving you something.
ESFJ - probably. An ENFP will often talk about people's potential. Stuff like "he could be the president some day!" ESFJ is more likely to try to warm up a room and establish a merry atmosphere.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts