Personality Cafe banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Generally I've had the best relationships with types in the thinking centre. All of those 3 types look appealing to me and it would pretty difficult to choose just one. Perhaps a 6w5 would be a good balance for me, they seem to be cautious and wise, while they can still be more social and outgoing than 5s, and less scattered and immature than 7s.

I used to be a lot into 7s when I was younger, but as I grow older, I don't feel like they're that much of an ideal match for me. Plus I have a very strong 7 fix myself and I share a lot of the characteristics, I am pretty sure I wouldn't like to date someone so similar to me.

·
Banned
5,472 Posts
I'm a type 2, and the people I easily fall for are fellow 2's, 7's, healthy 8's and 4's. I like people who are geniunely caring and upbeat, and who are honest and aren't afraid to talk about things. So, typically one of these ennis have people that are at least one of these.
I like having friends who are 5's and 9's, in fact a lot of my best friends have been 9's. I just don't tend to fall for 9's, because they're rather mellow, and I like people with a lot of passion, who are out there and expressive, rather than withdrawn...which is why I also don't tend to fall for 5's, even though I really enjoy their company.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I like 9s. But 6es are cool too. They don't judge as long as you're with them. But... mostly 9s. I have way more than enough intensity for 2 people. I wouldn't have my mind completely closed off to the idea of an 8.

·
Registered
777 Posts
I'm drawn to other unusual, unique people. I naturally feel drawn towards misfits, and if they are misfit in ways similar to me, that increases the draw. I also have a tendency to be drawn towards E9s because of being laid-back peacemakers. I value peace, but have an inner storm that is a bit intense, so I'm sometimes drawn towards stable, peaceful, consistent people, but also uniqueness. Sometimes I think my inner intensity might balance better with another E4 because it can be too much for a E9 sometimes. I've also been with E5s and value the focus and intellect.

·
Registered
12,191 Posts
ENTJ, with INTJ, ENFJ, INFP, and INFJ as (unlikely) runner ups.

Enneagram 8 is attractive. 3 maybe. Other types highly unlikely but 6 and 7 is a definite no. Self-pres type most likely if extraverted, social if introverted.

Older than me by at least 10 years or simply a very mature person personality wise.

·
Registered
777 Posts
I've always cared about thinking clearly, so I spent a lot of my life with Ti-doms, but the emotional lack completely devastated me in all of its manifestations. I sometimes feel ruined by it. I pretty much have to be with a feeler now I think, and want someone who has the capacity to feel crazy in love with me because that is how I tend to feel. Emotional immediacy and passion appeals to me a great deal at this point in my life.

·
Registered
FUCK YOU 2020
14,179 Posts
MBTI-wise, I find myself mainly attracted to Ti-doms and auxes, especially ISTPs. I've also fancied a couple of NFPs.

Enneagram-wise, 9s are probably most attractive to me. I seem to like 5s as well. I like the idea of dating a 7. I don't tend to find 2, 3, and 8 cores appealing.

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
8 is too much.
Another 4 is too much.
2 is too needy.
5 might be ok.
1 is too much.
6 is comfortable.
3 is not really real lol.
7 is too negativity avoidant.
9 is kind of comfortable but too not really there.

So I'd say I would date a 6, 9, 5, 7 in that order.

The least I would date is 2. I think type 2s of any type probably need to date an Fe user, since they seek praise alot alot. I'm not sure Fi can provide for their needs without getting exhausted.

·
Registered
346 Posts
My last serious relationship was with an ESTJ. Definitely either 3,6 or 1. Sp/sx. We honestly seem like the most incompatible couple on earth but trust me, there were times when we worked great as a team and there were also times where we couldn't come to a compromised conclusion. Anyways, I really appreciated how he is very grounded, disciplined, orderly, ambitious, and not overly emotional. He's one of the few guys I've met with clear career goals.

I'm fancying someone right now who has big 8 energy. He's extremely direct, realistic and he knows what he wants. I've also never seen him engage in toxic gossip. I like that about him. He also weirdly have a very similar taste in fashion as me.. He can be bossy at times, but it doesn't bother me too much.

I can't stand people are who too emotional, needy and immature. Merge that with have no clear career goals along with being extremely ignorant of social issues and you'll see me standing and waving a huge red flag LOL.

Now, which type will that be?:laughing:

·
Registered
367 Posts
8 is too much.
Another 4 is too much.
2 is too needy.
5 might be ok.
1 is too much.
6 is comfortable.
3 is not really real lol.
7 is too negativity avoidant.
9 is kind of comfortable but too not really there.

So I'd say I would date a 6, 9, 5, 7 in that order.

The least I would date is 2. I think type 2s of any type probably need to date an Fe user, since they seek praise alot alot. I'm not sure Fi can provide for their needs without getting exhausted.
It's interesting that 2+Fe is seen as needy when I don't feel that way at all. I'm pretty independent and confident being by myself, but I can only speak for me. At times I come off as needy but I'm feeling insecure about my relationship. I just need some words of affirmation to give me some boast. My partner is 8 and Fi, and he is very clingy. I know a INFP 2 SO/SX who is in a similar boat as me.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Other heart-center types, mostly. I like people I can relate to, people that will make me feel understood and seen. Someone showcasing their sensitive side is one of the most surefire ways to draw me in. Especially in guys, since I know very few who are willing to do that. I do love 7s, too, though. I have quite a few 7 friends, although I'm not sure how long we'd last in a romantic relationship haha

·
Registered
89 Posts
As much as I hate to admit it, the energy of 8s kinda scare me, but it's also just really hot and I've always been looking for a dominant rescuer, democratic, but with a dominant presence, admitting it or not. :laughing: While anyone more submissive than me could likely be arousing too (that's what I find myself fantasizing about the most) (hey, you asked), I'd likely get bored really quick. Like, my BFF is a nice and sweet 9, but if I had to live with her, I'd have a meltdown, lmao. We played asymmetrical puzzle game before and I almost flipped because she'd just enter a room in the game and say nothing and I'd have to drag her through the puzzle in the hopes for a solution.

Literally had to cheat for or even brute-force some of the puzzles, lol.

So to answer the question, probably an 8, lol. Besides, many 8s I know enjoy the fact that I don't beat around the bush.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts