Personality Cafe banner

Typing Questionnaire: 5w4 INFJ?

Tags
5w4 infj
3K views 37 replies 5 participants last post by  Hexigoon 
#1 ·
Hello there, just a type questionnaire, thank you if you do take the time.

1.) Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.

Not really, I have some knowledge on mbti and the functions and I think that may influence my answers, although I imagine the idiosyncrasies will show themselves whether I want them to or not. Decent state of mind atm, a bit nostalgic, depressed and anxious.

2.) What kind of person are you and why?

I’d say I am a person who wants to be logical and relatable at the same time. I desperately want connection with others and most of my life I thought that there was a step by step way to make that happen, but I soon realised that it’s more fluid than that. I can’t just be prepared for everything on the horizon, I need to accept that I may fail and proceed anyway. Easier said than done though.

I truthfully don’t know why I am this way, it could be genetics or good/bad experience. Probably both.

3.) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else?

From my point of view, it’s that I fit in well, but I still don’t have things other people seem to get so easily or at least that they have the skills to get those things so easily. For me, it’s taken so much effort to develop social skills, and it feels like it’s not paid off, but I know I’ve improved and I try to be proud of myself but it is hard when I compare myself to people who are amazing at being social and having strong relationships.

4.) Do you think there are any differences between how you described yourself and how people actually perceive you? How do you think others would describe you? If there are any discrepancies between these two that you are aware of; do you know why exactly that is?’

I do believe people view me far more favourably than I view myself. I’ve been invited to some parties by people who I like and have gone to most of them. But even still, if someone says they like me and I do believe that they’re being genuine, there’s still a part of me that doubts that. Like how could you like me, I’m so boring and weird?

5.) How do you react to new situations in your life? Can you describe an event in your life where you were in an unknown situation? How did you deal with it?

I react usually with a mixture of fear and anticipation. I guess my first date is a good example. I was actually surprising calm and I am generally head strong or I go with the flow when I’m nervous. I think I massively detached or became macho man because I was so nervous.😂

6.) Describe your relationship to order and chaos. What do order and chaos mean to you? How do they manifest in your daily life?

I strive for order but my brain is quite chaotic sometimes. Order is something like a serene lake where peace can be found and chaos is a state of panic that I need to leave, but simultaneously desire because it has more character. Well, my room is quite chaotic but I know where everything is and I am too lazy to change it because it doesn’t ‘need’ to be changed.

7.) You are given a reasonable budget and must buy and prepare a Holiday (Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc.) dinner. What are you thinking? What do you buy? What do you do?

If I can’t defer it to someone else and I have to do it, I’d do a Halloween Ramadan. A month long feast or just theme where everyone can enjoy whatever they want. I don’t care for themed cupcakes or stuff like that, but I’d just want it to be Halloween for a month and the rest be normal. I feel like holidays are anti-climactic, especially Christmas and Halloween, if they lasted for a month each they’d be great, but they don’t sadly.

8.) Do you see ideas as revolving around core concepts or as gateways to new ideas?

I’ll give my example of mbti and enneagram. I first learnt mbti and that became the foundation, but as it lacked answers I moved to enneagram and narrowed it down, I keep trying to narrow it down until I find the perfect system or combination of systems to give the exact answer.

9.) Do you find yourself to be obsessive about topics? Do you continually divine value from something you already understand or do you move on once you feel you have a fair enough understanding?

I do obsess about topics, but once I feel like all the usefulness has been gotten I usually discard it, or at least keep it until I can fit it into another puzzle -> Mbti within the enneagram. I always keep a note in my brain about the topic though, like meditation. It may not give results right now, but it has shown to give results later down the line (the potential of the puzzle piece itself). My problem is I want the results now; I always have to have the last piece of cake because someone else might take it if I don’t eat it right now.

10.) What do you like about travelling and what would you do if you could travel anywhere?

My lord, I love travelling. As long as I can get someone to do all the booking and all that stuff. I just want to be there and have the thrill, an exciting trip to Rome to see the Vatican or the colosseum, all that history I could be a part of; standing in Pompeii. I’d travel anywhere really, as long as all the menial stuff was done by someone else.

11.) What is it that you desire in life? What do you strive to achieve? Why? Where do you think these drives and desires stem from or are inspired by?

I desire a life like anyone else’s. I want a wife and kids, I want to go places and enjoy myself. I want to achieve enough so that I can die a happy man. I do this all because I want to have kids and see them grow up, I want to experience the hardships and feel connected to all the people in the past that have gone through the same. I want to be worthy so desperately. If I did these things I could finally prove to myself that I did it, I have conquered my doubt, I’m equal to the people I admired. I want nothing more.

12.) What type do you think you are? Why this/these type(s)? Is there a type that appeals to you, to your self-perception, that you would like to be? Why?

I’m definitely an uncertain and doubtful person I think (;D this sentence cracks me up just reading it.)

Because I feel like I have such a high standard for myself that making a bad mistake will be the end and I won’t recover. I think the person who can bounce back from failure and brush it off and even incorporate that failure and wear it as a badge of honour, I truly admire. I think that’s why I like enfp’s so much. My perception of them is that of a confident, social person who can charm others and can get up after failure and become a better person.

Thank you so much for reading. 🙏

See less See more
#2 ·
You sound like an untidy extravert. You say you want to enjoy yourself and travel and experience the world/life but would prefer others to do the organizing and boring stuff (ST stuff?).

You say you want to feel as worthy as the people you admire. That might be Fi. You find yourself weird, which might point to intuition.

So I would say ENFP.

Can you paste a couple of anime/tv/movie/game characters that you identify with? Note: not characters you aspire/admire.

#3 ·
You sound like an untidy extravert. You say you want to enjoy yourself and travel and experience the world/life but would prefer others to do the organizing and boring stuff (ST stuff?).

You say you want to feel as worthy as the people you admire. That might be Fi. You find yourself weird, which might point to intuition.

So I would say ENFP.

Can you paste a couple of anime/tv/movie/game characters that you identify with? Note: not characters you aspire/admire.
I don't know how to post photos but ill write names:

Hikigaya hachiman
Obito Uchiha
Shikamaru
Kabuto
Po from kung fu panda.

I'll think of some more if you need me to.

#6 ·
You sound INFJ 459 tritype to me (4 first or 5 first for you, I didn’t catch it.).

@ai.tran.75 (my best friend). Wrote some “Hoe do you think?” Threads that we’ve been learning from ever since and a few things that we learned have given a few interesting ways to type people that we have never seen before.

1. Would you say the narration in your mind is (A). like a symbolic or pre-language? Almost compressed thoughts? Are there moments of silence? Never silence? (B) Or language, yes, and a single narrator OR if you try to make that narrator silent you realize there is an open tab or an extra (or maybe several extra) other trains of thought running that riseup so that there is never silence? Is there background music going on at all times, like a radio playing?

If there are mixes of this, try to describe it as best you can.

2. If you had to make a choice between (A). You can keep all of your memories and skills but all improvement and new memories stops from now on OR (B) you lose all memories and skills but can make new ones... what would you choose? It’s okay if this takes time to decide and please explain why you decide it.

I think @Ai,tran.75 and I can tell a lot from these two questions.

#7 ·
You sound INFJ 459 tritype to me (4 first or 5 first for you, I didn’t catch it.).

@ai.tran.75 (my best friend). Wrote some “Hoe do you think?” Threads that we’ve been learning from ever since and a few things that we learned have given a few interesting ways to type people that we have never seen before.

1. Would you say the narration in your mind is (A). like a symbolic or pre-language? Almost compressed thoughts? Are there moments of silence? Never silence? (B) Or language, yes, and a single narrator OR if you try to make that narrator silent you realize there is an open tab or an extra (or maybe several extra) other trains of thought running that riseup so that there is never silence? Is there background music going on at all times, like a radio playing?

If there are mixes of this, try to describe it as best you can.

2. If you had to make a choice between (A). You can keep all of your memories and skills but all improvement and new memories stops from now on OR (B) you lose all memories and skills but can make new ones... what would you choose? It’s okay if this takes time to decide and please explain why you decide it.

I think @Ai,tran.75 and I can tell a lot from these two questions.
I'd say for me it's a mixture of both, When I concentrate when I'm interacting with people or solving a difficult question the voice comes forth. however every other moment of my life there is a constant filler, it is almost like primeval soup gushing around in the back of my brain, at around 50% power. I'm a restless person and I think an insomniac because of it, although coffee.

I know that life is a constant replay of itself, but I think even still I cherish my memories too much. picking A is essentially condemning myself to a vegetated state and B to a newborn state. I think I have to go with A, I'm okay with what I've learned so far and although I'll be upset if I can't learn anything new, at least I'll be able to hold on to what I cherish most, however superficial it all is in the grand universe in which we live. I know I haven't talked about the familial ramifications of my choice but I really don't know which one they'd find more shocking.

Thank you for typing me. 🙏

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.