Personality Cafe banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
:D Haha well hopefully we're not too similar otherwise I'd feel unfortunate for you. Lol jk I'm actually quite wow'd to find someone like me. I get INFJ males are pretty uncommon, even more so if you add in certain enneagram variables like 5w4. But hey it's nice to meet you.

Same here, I begin to doubt my own intelligence if I'm asked how logical I am vs emotional in tests.
Hey maybe 5w6 is possible, but again I'm not all that sure about 6.

1. That sounds cool, you're a perceptive one! I forget when I was made aware of the virus... BTW How has lock-down been for you? It actually never bothered me.
I'll have to check those youtube vids out too, it sounds like something I'd enjoy. Mm, well spirituality is... I don't know really... I guess I'm always curious about such things like astral projection, tantric meditation and lucid dreaming - weird stuff the mind can potentially do, oh and I like ghosts and stuff of that nature. That stuff I find endlessly fascinating but I don't know if I believe in anything religious like that. Fortunately I don't let my skepticism get in the way of fun, I'll still play around with spiritual concepts at least. Do you?

2. Oh that's good then! Now I understand, yeah I can't remember physically assaulting anyone out of anger either. I smashed a small mirror once though. 😔 Yeah it sucks how that happens, I don't want to feel regret over every display of anger, some people I feel deserved it and they themselves never really show remorse if they throw anger at you.

3. Ahh, I get that now. Yeah I would agree that is usually counter-productive to changing anyone's mind if that's the desired result.

4. xD Haha well, It's a bit of a pain to go through but experience does help at least. Have you gone on many dates in the past?

5. I like to try to add expressiveness to the faces.too. I like landscapes too, although I'd paint them instead (more so digitally). You should draw that then for sure and show it off! lol I bet you're good. I wish I had got to play the first game of LoU, I heard such good things, but wasn't that a Playstation exclusive?

6. That's pretty grim. Haha! Well I do at least agree there are problems with the government and bureaucracy (my big issue is usually big corporate money in politics), I think there are methods of cutting back on that without needing to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

8): Oh conlanging? Yeah, it's ah, an interesting hobby to get into if that intrigues you. I don't know why other than I'm crazy but I have this strange desire to have my own secret language only certain few know how to decipher and I'd use it throughout my fiction and videos primarily, in part to tease and sneak things by the audience. lol

9. I understand the feeling, you have to be in the right frame of mind for certain pieces of art. ^^ If one is in a happy / norrmal mood then you don't really want to go bringing yourself down like that. I'd like to treasure the moments of happiness I get to have, life or the internet finds a way to kill them.

10. Yeah, that and Hostel. I think I'm gonna have to watch the first Saw movie though at least because it's in my "501 Must-See Movies" book.
Yeah! I was trying to remember if there ever was a jumpscare I thought improved the experience. Mm but I got nothing.
Really? I'm gonna have to watch the Witch then. :)
don't worry man, I know exactly what you mean. Yeah, I always doubted i'd be an INFJ, there was no way in hell, I thought. likewise :)

1) ohh please don't flatter me, i'm already arrogant enough. 😊 Yeah it's been pretty quiet where I'm at, I have had to get the rona test twice now, but both came back negative so that's something. absolutely, but there's no obligation bro, don't watch em if you don't feel like it, no pressure. I'm pretty similar, I love the thought of there being ghosts and all that, all my friends have had paranormal experiences and i'm here waiting for mine. yeah I've never been religious but I do act as if karma is real, just in case.

2) Yeah if i'm justified with my anger I don't feel any guilt. But I think I have pretty good control over my anger thankfully.

3) Ye, I didn't mean to be preachy if it came off like that, I just honestly believe that the moment you attack someone's belief's is when reason leaves.

4) absolutely! 3 so far. I want to date more but I feel like half the time they just pity me, so I don't bother them.

5) cool! do you use ms paint or do you have an app or something? I wouldn't mind trying it out. I want to send you a picture if that's okay. I drew it once I finished the last of us actually. It's not fantastic, and now I can see issues with shading and much more. But i'm proud of it anyway. it is an amazing experience and if you do play it i recommend going in blind, it'll hit so much harder. yeah unfortunately, actually I bought my ps 4 just for the last of us.

6) Yeah I agree completely. I know humans are greedy by nature, but we should at least try to make it so people don't do things for money. but I feel like I'll have as much impact on that as a wet fart.

8) lol, that does sound pretty fun actually. I think shakespeare did that as well. I'll look it up some more.

9) But i also think that everytime I experience sadness or happiness I become a better person, or develop in some way. I still hate being sad though.

10) all I can say is good luck with saw lol. I'm probably just a wuss though I think you'll be fine. I cant either. Tis a great movie.

Thank you for helping me btw. Very helpful to have someone to bounce off. 🙏

[QUOTE="Hexigoon, post: 44168795, member: ]
You're right, I didn't really think about the people I have some degree of closeness to. That feels a little coldhearted of me actually, but I suppose I imagine it wouldn't affect them much at all if I lost my memories... I could reconnect with them again as long as we're both alive and live close by.
Perhaps it's sad to say but even though I do feel what I consider as "love" for people like my family, I rarely feel what you'd call intimate closeness to anyone. There's a certain barrier between us. I find life is mostly a long path of loneliness because ultimately I don't think the vast majority of people ever really know me to any depth at all, and they'd probably hate me if they did so I don't let them in. They can only see some mask, and they may very well be doing the same thing too. We just know each other by our masks. So if the mask breaks a replacement can be made.

I see! This is interesting, I probably would ask why you'd want to know the specific age too. For me, I think of age mostly in the way of "arcs"/ "eras" rather than specific years.
I can't really remember much of what happened year from year, not good with dates, but I do remember when stuff happened within a story arc like the "childhood" arc, my "highschool" arc, my "college" arc, etc. Again, it's kinda like understanding the past through cycles.
[/QUOTE]

@Hexigoon you answered like 99.9% of NFJs. Normal thought processes for you guys and how your brains work as far as I’ve seen so far.

@Angry-Spaghetti ‘a answer was different than most and in my opinion needs exploring to figure out the things that angry-spaghetti has either learned form others who he cares about (sometimes Ni (probably other functions too?) can put on a certain “channel” of people who they are close to. Or a value for the past is something learned from a part of their own wisdom at this time. But needs exploring anyway for me as kind of a casual researcher.

I think we're in the western roman empire around 350 ad atm. that's my view on our civilisation. i sort of hope for a reason to break the standard ways of life and we have to go to a free-er lifestyle. But without a health care system of modern day, i'd imagine i'd drop dead from an infection at 35. but there would be less of a bureaucratic strangle of every moment of our lives.
You're a gamma most probably.
I have a lot of anger, and I am very critical of other's sometimes, but they don't hear it because I know how they'll view me if i did. I usually express it physically by grinding my teeth or punching things, not people though, never.
My first hunch is ISFP. INFJs can lash out at people in certain moments even to the point of physical violence, it takes a bit of consciousness in the Se department to keep oneself under control.
I don't really care for them, but I can get defensive of traditions I may not hold or completely disagree with if i feel someone is unjustly attacking them. maybe an underdog kinda situation?
Fi
i draw a lot, and I think I do, I sort of don't think and feel my way through the drawing. I don't know what i'm gonna do until my hand makes it, then I go from there. Although I do have an idea of what I want to draw.
I like drawing as well, I sometimes do the same as you, just go with the flow of it and see what comes up, but I noticed that a painting means much more to me when I base it off of a vision I've had and I get the urge to paint it. The INXJs in my life are a lot different from that, they'll have to know exactly what they're going to make before they make it, and some of them will get attached to the image in their mind so much that they wouldn't want to ruin it by painting it in a less than ideal way, so you see how they can be insecure about their Se. I don't see that coming from you, you seem pretty secure in your ability to Se. I would say ISXP because you show both Se and Ni traits, but I'd go with higher Se.
I am, but i'm also a very doubtful person. If you mean futurist in the sense of future focused, then yes. I am quite anxious about the future though. although I can get quite nostalgic about the past, even today I was watching a video called, "wake up bro! it's 2007". And i'll say I enjoyed it thoroughly, but also hated it for the sadness it brought me.
Fi, Se, Ni, Te
mainly with dread, I hate feeling depressed and sad. I want to be brain off all the time. It would be so much simpler if I could just turn my brain off and be like all the other people living their simple lives. but I can't.
Fi dom
Yeah if i'm justified with my anger I don't feel any guilt. But I think I have pretty good control over my anger thankfully.
Good control over your anger crosses out INFJ for you imo.
I just honestly believe that the moment you attack someone's belief's is when reason leaves.
absolutely! 3 so far. I want to date more but I feel like half the time they just pity me, so I don't bother them.
I know humans are greedy by nature, but we should at least try to make it so people don't do things for money.
But i also think that everytime I experience sadness or happiness I become a better person, or develop in some way. I still hate being sad though.
You're so ISFP it's not even funny. I fully get you on the third one btw it's a big goal of mine. Very Gamma(SFP, NTJ), not at all Beta(Maybe some ESTPs could relate a bit, but they mostly stay stuck in the time axis changing and reorganizing things for the sake of not leaving any kind of opening for guilt to manifest while Gammas are more space axis oriented looking at what they could do and create that will be of worth).

I know you're thinking to yourself "hold on a minute, where did this guy come from so suddenly" Yeah I'm kinda crashing the party here but that's what I do 🤷‍♂️

Discussion starter · #25 ·
You're a gamma most probably.

My first hunch is ISFP. INFJs can lash out at people in certain moments even to the point of physical violence, it takes a bit of consciousness in the Se department to keep oneself under control.

Fi

I like drawing as well, I sometimes do the same as you, just go with the flow of it and see what comes up, but I noticed that a painting means much more to me when I base it off of a vision I've had and I get the urge to paint it. The INXJs in my life are a lot different from that, they'll have to know exactly what they're going to make before they make it, and some of them will get attached to the image in their mind so much that they wouldn't want to ruin it by painting it in a less than ideal way, so you see how they can be insecure about their Se. I don't see that coming from you, you seem pretty secure in your ability to Se. I would say ISXP because you show both Se and Ni traits, but I'd go with higher Se.

Fi, Se, Ni, Te

Fi dom

Good control over your anger crosses out INFJ for you imo.

You're so ISFP it's not even funny. I fully get you on the third one btw it's a big goal of mine. Very Gamma(SFP, NTJ), not at all Beta(Maybe some ESTPs could relate a bit, but they mostly stay stuck in the time axis changing and reorganizing things for the sake of not leaving any kind of opening for guilt to manifest while Gammas are more space axis oriented looking at what they could do and create that will be of worth).

I know you're thinking to yourself "hold on a minute, where did this guy come from so suddenly" Yeah I'm kinda crashing the party here but that's what I do 🤷‍♂️
Thank you for this. I actually think I agree with you. I don't know what I feel a lot of the time. I thought I was infp, then I jumped to infj. But this does seem to fit a bit better. I feel like I'm less patient than infj's. I want to jump to a conclusion, even if it's not well thought out. Where as infj's seem to be very flexible and understanding.

With this understanding of mbti, what do you think my enneagram is? I'm really curious and I have a feeling it's probably 49X or 4X9

don't worry man, I know exactly what you mean. Yeah, I always doubted i'd be an INFJ, there was no way in hell, I thought. likewise :)

1) ohh please don't flatter me, i'm already arrogant enough. 😊 Yeah it's been pretty quiet where I'm at, I have had to get the rona test twice now, but both came back negative so that's something. absolutely, but there's no obligation bro, don't watch em if you don't feel like it, no pressure. I'm pretty similar, I love the thought of there being ghosts and all that, all my friends have had paranormal experiences and i'm here waiting for mine. yeah I've never been religious but I do act as if karma is real, just in case.

2) Yeah if i'm justified with my anger I don't feel any guilt. But I think I have pretty good control over my anger thankfully.

3) Ye, I didn't mean to be preachy if it came off like that, I just honestly believe that the moment you attack someone's belief's is when reason leaves.

4) absolutely! 3 so far. I want to date more but I feel like half the time they just pity me, so I don't bother them.

5) cool! do you use ms paint or do you have an app or something? I wouldn't mind trying it out. I want to send you a picture if that's okay. I drew it once I finished the last of us actually. It's not fantastic, and now I can see issues with shading and much more. But i'm proud of it anyway. it is an amazing experience and if you do play it i recommend going in blind, it'll hit so much harder. yeah unfortunately, actually I bought my ps 4 just for the last of us.

6) Yeah I agree completely. I know humans are greedy by nature, but we should at least try to make it so people don't do things for money. but I feel like I'll have as much impact on that as a wet fart.

8) lol, that does sound pretty fun actually. I think shakespeare did that as well. I'll look it up some more.

9) But i also think that everytime I experience sadness or happiness I become a better person, or develop in some way. I still hate being sad though.

10) all I can say is good luck with saw lol. I'm probably just a wuss though I think you'll be fine. I cant either. Tis a great movie.

Thank you for helping me btw. Very helpful to have someone to bounce off. 🙏
No problem. Keep searching and finding out more. You'll find the answers eventually.

1. Lol I don't mean to, but that's good, I took the rona test at least once (negative too). Have you been offered vaccination yet? I haven't. Yeah, karma conceptually sounds appealing, but in practice I can imagine it might make everyone very anxious and too afraid to act. lol

2. I see then! I'd like to think I have good control of my anger too, the few people who have been on the bad end of me might say bullshit to that, but I repress a lot of it.

3. No no, you didn't come off like that to me, that can be true if things are said purely out of spite rather than good reasoning.

4. Really? Why do you think they pity you?

5. Oh no, I use Clip Studio Paint usually. It's a really good program for digtal art (although you have to buy it). That is a good start with your drawing, you should finish it with the hair. Keep at it! ^^ Aah, well I'll try to play it one day, I don't know much about it beyond it being a horror game, maybe they'll bring out a PC port (I usually play PC with video games).

6. People can be greedy for sure, but then they do live within a world of scarcity. One day I think money will be obsolete though, there won't be much of any point to the stuff.

8. He did? Wow, I didn't know that. I kinda took inspiration from other writers, notably Tolkien. But also from the idea of secret societies and alchemists writing their stuff in coded language. lol

9. It can make you a better person to be in touch with your own emotions for sure. I don't know if I dislike being sad. I mean, I understand the value of sadness intellectually-speaking (without sadness, could there be happiness?). But I really don't know if what I experience sometimes is truly sadness or just numbness, apathy or something else entirely. Maybe longing.

10. Well I'm not in any rush to watch it because I have a giant list of other movies to watch first. Haha Saw is kinda spoiled on me anyway since I actually know what the twist at the end is.

Reactions: Angry-Spaghetti
Thank you for this. I actually think I agree with you. I don't know what I feel a lot of the time. I thought I was infp, then I jumped to infj. But this does seem to fit a bit better. I feel like I'm less patient than infj's. I want to jump to a conclusion, even if it's not well thought out. Where as infj's seem to be very flexible and understanding.

With this understanding of mbti, what do you think my enneagram is? I'm really curious and I have a feeling it's probably 49X or 4X9
No problem, tbh I find it easier to type through MBTI than Enneagram, it feels more intuitive to me since I can get easily in others headspace but I find that understanding peoples personal inner drive is much more of a Fi/Fe gift. I've reread your opening post as a refresher and decided it might be a good idea to pick one of the answers and analyze it, potentially discovering your Enneagram in the process:
I’d say I am a person who wants to be logical and relatable at the same time. I desperately want connection with others and most of my life I thought that there was a step by step way to make that happen, but I soon realised that it’s more fluid than that. I can’t just be prepared for everything on the horizon, I need to accept that I may fail and proceed anyway. Easier said than done though.
What I see in this answer is an individual whose main focus is from a rational standpoint, all of the sentences showcase a movement from what is naturally you towards what your main focus of growth is. The level of self knowledge is pretty darn good, shows a great use of Fi, and your aspirations and growth seems to be in the direction of Se.
I really like this site since it indicates the points on which each type should work on in order to have a happier and more fulfilling life:

As for Enneagram, I thought I might have some clue but I'm left only with questions, so I think the best way to go is to present you with the subtype descriptions of 4s and 9s:
- Self-Preservation Fours are stoic, strong, and long-suffering—emotionally sensitive on the inside, they often don’t communicate their darker feelings to others. While they feel things deeply, and may feel sad inside, they often have a sunny, upbeat exterior, as they often received the message early on that their caretakers couldn’t handle their pain or darker emotions. They may feel anxious inside, but they tough things out and have a high tolerance for frustration.
- Social Fours suffer. They focus on their own emotions and the underlying emotional tone of whatever situation they are in. They compare themselves to others and tend to see themselves as less worthy or lacking in some way. They are more emotionally sensitive than most other types, they wear their feelings on their sleeve, and connect to themselves through the authenticity of their emotional truth.
- One-to-One Fours are more assertive and competitive. These Fours are not afraid to ask for what they need or complain when they don’t get it. They can appear aggressive to others, and they strive to be the best.
- Self-Preservation Nines focus on finding comfort in familiar routines and the satisfaction of their physical needs. Whether through eating, sleeping, reading, or doing crossword puzzles, SP Nines tend to lose themselves in whatever activities help them feel grounded and comfortable.
- Social Nines focus on working hard to support the groups they are a part of as a way of seeking a sense of comfort in belonging. Congenial people who like to feel a part of things, Social Nines tend to be light-hearted and fun, and expend a lot of effort in doing what it takes to be admitted to and supportive of the group or community.
- One-to-One Nines tend to merge with the agenda and attitudes of important others in their lives. Sweet, gentle, and less assertive than other types, this relationship-oriented Nine may take on the feelings and opinions of the people they are close to without realizing it.

Sounds to me like 9 So or 4 So might fit you based on your description of yourself, though you will surely know better. Here's the rest:

Discussion starter · #28 ·
No problem, tbh I find it easier to type through MBTI than Enneagram, it feels more intuitive to me since I can get easily in others headspace but I find that understanding peoples personal inner drive is much more of a Fi/Fe gift. I've reread your opening post as a refresher and decided it might be a good idea to pick one of the answers and analyze it, potentially discovering your Enneagram in the process:

What I see in this answer is an individual whose main focus is from a rational standpoint, all of the sentences showcase a movement from what is naturally you towards what your main focus of growth is. The level of self knowledge is pretty darn good, shows a great use of Fi, and your aspirations and growth seems to be in the direction of Se.
I really like this site since it indicates the points on which each type should work on in order to have a happier and more fulfilling life:

As for Enneagram, I thought I might have some clue but I'm left only with questions, so I think the best way to go is to present you with the subtype descriptions of 4s and 9s:
- Self-Preservation Fours are stoic, strong, and long-suffering—emotionally sensitive on the inside, they often don’t communicate their darker feelings to others. While they feel things deeply, and may feel sad inside, they often have a sunny, upbeat exterior, as they often received the message early on that their caretakers couldn’t handle their pain or darker emotions. They may feel anxious inside, but they tough things out and have a high tolerance for frustration.
- Social Fours suffer. They focus on their own emotions and the underlying emotional tone of whatever situation they are in. They compare themselves to others and tend to see themselves as less worthy or lacking in some way. They are more emotionally sensitive than most other types, they wear their feelings on their sleeve, and connect to themselves through the authenticity of their emotional truth.
- One-to-One Fours are more assertive and competitive. These Fours are not afraid to ask for what they need or complain when they don’t get it. They can appear aggressive to others, and they strive to be the best.
- Self-Preservation Nines focus on finding comfort in familiar routines and the satisfaction of their physical needs. Whether through eating, sleeping, reading, or doing crossword puzzles, SP Nines tend to lose themselves in whatever activities help them feel grounded and comfortable.
- Social Nines focus on working hard to support the groups they are a part of as a way of seeking a sense of comfort in belonging. Congenial people who like to feel a part of things, Social Nines tend to be light-hearted and fun, and expend a lot of effort in doing what it takes to be admitted to and supportive of the group or community.
- One-to-One Nines tend to merge with the agenda and attitudes of important others in their lives. Sweet, gentle, and less assertive than other types, this relationship-oriented Nine may take on the feelings and opinions of the people they are close to without realizing it.

Sounds to me like 9 So or 4 So might fit you based on your description of yourself, though you will surely know better. Here's the rest:
Thank you! This is exceptionally helpful. I would say so 4. Reading it was a bit too close to home. Other than that I'd say sx 9, but that doesn't fit as well.

Discussion starter · #29 ·
No problem. Keep searching and finding out more. You'll find the answers eventually.

1. Lol I don't mean to, but that's good, I took the rona test at least once (negative too). Have you been offered vaccination yet? I haven't. Yeah, karma conceptually sounds appealing, but in practice I can imagine it might make everyone very anxious and too afraid to act. lol

2. I see then! I'd like to think I have good control of my anger too, the few people who have been on the bad end of me might say bullshit to that, but I repress a lot of it.

3. No no, you didn't come off like that to me, that can be true if things are said purely out of spite rather than good reasoning.

4. Really? Why do you think they pity you?

5. Oh no, I use Clip Studio Paint usually. It's a really good program for digtal art (although you have to buy it). That is a good start with your drawing, you should finish it with the hair. Keep at it! ^^ Aah, well I'll try to play it one day, I don't know much about it beyond it being a horror game, maybe they'll bring out a PC port (I usually play PC with video games).

6. People can be greedy for sure, but then they do live within a world of scarcity. One day I think money will be obsolete though, there won't be much of any point to the stuff.

8. He did? Wow, I didn't know that. I kinda took inspiration from other writers, notably Tolkien. But also from the idea of secret societies and alchemists writing their stuff in coded language. lol

9. It can make you a better person to be in touch with your own emotions for sure. I don't know if I dislike being sad. I mean, I understand the value of sadness intellectually-speaking (without sadness, could there be happiness?). But I really don't know if what I experience sometimes is truly sadness or just numbness, apathy or something else entirely. Maybe longing.

10. Well I'm not in any rush to watch it because I have a giant list of other movies to watch first. Haha Saw is kinda spoiled on me anyway since I actually know what the twist at the end is.
1. I think I can get it near me, but I haven't had the time. I never thought of karma that way, I guess I have a relaxed version I follow; just treat everyone kindly.

2. Interesting

3. Thank you, I'll have to remember that for the future. 😊

4. Well I think they do because I'm just a sad case that they want to take care of. But I want to be treated like everyone else. But I can't blame them, i get what I give.

5. I've tabbed clip studio art, thanks for the recommendation. I'm not really confident enough to finish it, I will draw her again one day when I get the passion. There might be a pc port now, but sony is pretty uptight about those things.

6. God I hope so, that sounds like the perfect world. I just hope humans will be empathetic enough to get there.

8. Yes, he'd make fun of the upper classes in lower class speech. You must like full metal alchemist. 😄

9. I guess I hate being sad because I feel I can't really express it. I cry a lot when I'm alone, and I feel a lot of shame if I were to go to someone for help. I feel that if I can't help myself, then I don't deserve to be healed. I also don't want to bother others with my problems. I feel all those emotions, I hope you learn to decipher your emotions in the future.

10. I think I'll have to write one of those up, I just don't think I have the attention span.

Thank you so much for the help. 🙏

1. I think I can get it near me, but I haven't had the time. I never thought of karma that way, I guess I have a relaxed version I follow; just treat everyone kindly.

2. Interesting

3. Thank you, I'll have to remember that for the future. 😊

4. Well I think they do because I'm just a sad case that they want to take care of. But I want to be treated like everyone else. But I can't blame them, i get what I give.

5. I've tabbed clip studio art, thanks for the recommendation. I'm not really confident enough to finish it, I will draw her again one day when I get the passion. There might be a pc port now, but sony is pretty uptight about those things.

6. God I hope so, that sounds like the perfect world. I just hope humans will be empathetic enough to get there.

8. Yes, he'd make fun of the upper classes in lower class speech. You must like full metal alchemist. 😄

9. I guess I hate being sad because I feel I can't really express it. I cry a lot when I'm alone, and I feel a lot of shame if I were to go to someone for help. I feel that if I can't help myself, then I don't deserve to be healed. I also don't want to bother others with my problems. I feel all those emotions, I hope you learn to decipher your emotions in the future.

10. I think I'll have to write one of those up, I just don't think I have the attention span.

Thank you so much for the help. 🙏
Haha well that is a preferable way of looking at karma at least. ^^ No problem of course.

I see, getting the pity treatment sucks. It must make dating feel less fun if you feel that's how your dates view you. Maybe it's just a matter of confidence? I don't think I've experienced that feeling that they pity me. (although I'm not exactly confident either). But I can't imagine people dating me even out of pity. If they do, they must be a little weird. lol 😅

No problem btw, it's my favorite art program for sure and I've used stuff like Photoshop and what not. You should save that picture at least and when you get better --- which I'm sure you will if you keep at it --- you should try to redraw it and you'll see how far you've come. :) Oh yeah I bet they are.... Them and EA's business practices are... grrrr.

I hope for that world too myself, but I'm guessing money will still be around for some time to come. Earth ain't quite at Star Trek's level yet. So atleast for the mean time I want money to go towards things of actual benefit to society's people.

Ah! Hey good intuition! You're right, I do like FMA! You've watched it? Brotherhood is my favorite anime, next to Hunter x Hunter (speaking of which, that actually has its own conlang).

I can understand that, it can really suck when you feel you can't talk to anyone about what troubles you. Thank you though! I mean, I cry sometimes too, although when I do it's usually because of taking in other people's emotions or out of sheer exhaustion of trying to hold myself together for ages.

Oh, you have trouble with patience? If so you could just start small, make a little word document and add a few titles to the list every day or so and then that way it won't cut into your attention span too much, you'd have a good selection by the end of a month.

No worries though! I hope talking with me helped somewhat at least. You feel ISFP 4w5 speaks stronger to you?

Thank you! This is exceptionally helpful. I would say so 4. Reading it was a bit too close to home. Other than that I'd say sx 9, but that doesn't fit as well.
You're welcome! I'll leave a small quote from Jung here about the introverted judger, he's truly the best source if you want to understand the functions:
Almost more even than the extraverted is the introverted type subject to misunderstanding: not so much because the extravert is a more merciless or critical adversary, than he himself can easily be, but because the style of the epoch in which he himself participates is against him. Not in relation to the extraverted type, but as against our general accidental world-philosophy, he finds himself in the minority, not of course numerically, but from the evidence of his own feeling. In so far as he is a convinced participator in the general style, he undermines his own foundations, since the present style, with its almost exclusive acknowledgment of the visible and the tangible, is opposed to his principle. Because of its invisibility, he is obliged to depreciate the subjective factor, and to force himself to join in the extraverted overvaluation of the object. He himself sets the subjective factor at too low a value, and his feelings of inferiority are his chastisement for this sin. Little wonder, therefore, that it is precisely our epoch, and particularly those movements which are somewhat ahead of the time, that reveal the subjective factor in every kind of exaggerated, crude and grotesque form of expression. I refer to the art of the present day.

The undervaluation of his own principle makes the introvert egotistical, and forces upon him the psychology of the oppressed. The more egotistical he becomes, the stronger his impression grows that these others, who are apparently able, without qualms, to conform with the present style, are the oppressors against whom he must guard and [p. 498] protect himself. He does not usually perceive that he commits his capital mistake in not depending upon the subjective factor with that same loyalty and devotion with which the extravert follows the object By the undervaluation of his own principle, his penchant towards egoism becomes unavoidable, which, of course, richly deserves the prejudice of the extravert. Were he only to remain true to his own principle, the judment of 'egoist' would be radically false; for the justification of his attitude would be established by its general efficacy, and all misunderstandings dissipated.

Discussion starter · #32 ·
Haha well that is a preferable way of looking at karma at least. ^^ No problem of course.

I see, getting the pity treatment sucks. It must make dating feel less fun if you feel that's how your dates view you. Maybe it's just a matter of confidence? I don't think I've experienced that feeling that they pity me. (although I'm not exactly confident either). But I can't imagine people dating me even out of pity. If they do, they must be a little weird. lol 😅

No problem btw, it's my favorite art program for sure and I've used stuff like Photoshop and what not. You should save that picture at least and when you get better --- which I'm sure you will if you keep at it --- you should try to redraw it and you'll see how far you've come. :) Oh yeah I bet they are.... Them and EA's business practices are... grrrr.

I hope for that world too myself, but I'm guessing money will still be around for some time to come. Earth ain't quite at Star Trek's level yet. So atleast for the mean time I want money to go towards things of actual benefit to society's people.

Ah! Hey good intuition! You're right, I do like FMA! You've watched it? Brotherhood is my favorite anime, next to Hunter x Hunter (speaking of which, that actually has its own conlang).

I can understand that, it can really suck when you feel you can't talk to anyone about what troubles you. Thank you though! I mean, I cry sometimes too, although when I do it's usually because of taking in other people's emotions or out of sheer exhaustion of trying to hold myself together for ages.

Oh, you have trouble with patience? If so you could just start small, make a little word document and add a few titles to the list every day or so and then that way it won't cut into your attention span too much, you'd have a good selection by the end of a month.

No worries though! I hope talking with me helped somewhat at least. You feel ISFP 4w5 speaks stronger to you?
Hey.

Unfortunately I could never get into fma, but i love HxH. I think my favourite character has to be Hisoka. He's a perfect villain.

ISFP 4w5 does I think. I was still a bit doubtful of INFJ because it seemed too rare for me. Reading up on ISFP's I relate alot. I chose 4w5 because it fits better, I may still have a 5, but I think I'm either 4w5 or 9w1. If I am 9w1 then I think i'd be sx. If you had to guess what would you say my enneagram is? It's always good to have a new perspective, I did consider ISFP at one point but I must've convinced myself otherwise.

Discussion starter · #33 ·
You're welcome! I'll leave a small quote from Jung here about the introverted judger, he's truly the best source if you want to understand the functions:

That's amazing. I feel like I went to the past. A book that's almost a century old, dissected my personality completely. The amount of insight Carl Jung had is astonishing, a 150 year old man who has never met me, knows more about my personality than the mind living in this skin suit.

thank you, I didn't realise how egotistical I was, that was very refreshing. Sometimes it's nice to have someone who can just tell you the answers.

That's amazing. I feel like I went to the past. A book that's almost a century old, dissected my personality completely. The amount of insight Carl Jung had is astonishing, a 150 year old man who has never met me, knows more about my personality than the mind living in this skin suit.

thank you, I didn't realise how egotistical I was, that was very refreshing. Sometimes it's nice to have someone who can just tell you the answers.
I really appreciate your impression of it, it's something I thought myself too but just couldn't ever put in such accurate wording. Carl Jung is overly underestimated, and you can see how most of the MBTI community just downplays him just because of their failure to recognize the essence of his words.
It's a pleasure, keep being you!

Hey.

Unfortunately I could never get into fma, but i love HxH. I think my favourite character has to be Hisoka. He's a perfect villain.

ISFP 4w5 does I think. I was still a bit doubtful of INFJ because it seemed too rare for me. Reading up on ISFP's I relate alot. I chose 4w5 because it fits better, I may still have a 5, but I think I'm either 4w5 or 9w1. If I am 9w1 then I think i'd be sx. If you had to guess what would you say my enneagram is? It's always good to have a new perspective, I did consider ISFP at one point but I must've convinced myself otherwise.
Aw that's a shame, but I understand there's nothing that's for everyone. I think FMA appeals a lot to xNFJ functions (especially Brotherhood).
Hunter x Hunter was written by a pretty clear INTP 5w4 so you see strong appeals to the Ti-Ne in it, but also Se a lot as you'd expect from a shounen action series.
Well that's a good choice! Hisoka is a great and fun character! 🤡 I suppose my favorite villain in HxH would be Chrollo. He reminds me of myself quite a bit. My favorite of the main "good" guys is Kurapika though. Yours?

Oh, I wouldn't pay too much mind to the whole "rarity" thing honestly. I think that gets overstated and quite lacking in statistical evidence.
Mm, well if I had to guess, I'd say your dislike of being sad make me think 9. It does go into what I said earlier about seeing strong 9 in you. I think 9s generally dislike connecting to their anger or any other negative emotion that drains them, it goes against their inner peace. From what I can tell, 4s are usually prone to melancholy. 4 gets correlated a lot with Fi by people (though MBTI and Enneagram are different systems judging different things) so if you're an ISFP you may be extra inclined to relate to 4's commonly defined traits by virtue of being an Fi-dominant. But I don't think there's anything wrong with you choosing 4w5 as the core if you relate to both strongly enough. Depends on what you fear more. Loss and conflict or lacking personal significance.

Discussion starter · #36 ·
I really appreciate your impression of it, it's something I thought myself too but just couldn't ever put in such accurate wording. Carl Jung is overly underestimated, and you can see how most of the MBTI community just downplays him just because of their failure to recognize the essence of his words.
It's a pleasure, keep being you!
Thank you. 😊

Discussion starter · #37 ·
Aw that's a shame, but I understand there's nothing that's for everyone. I think FMA appeals a lot to xNFJ functions (especially Brotherhood).
Hunter x Hunter was written by a pretty clear INTP 5w4 so you see strong appeals to the Ti-Ne in it, but also Se a lot as you'd expect from a shounen action series.
Well that's a good choice! Hisoka is a great and fun character! 🤡 I suppose my favorite villain in HxH would be Chrollo. He reminds me of myself quite a bit. My favorite of the main "good" guys is Kurapika though. Yours?

Oh, I wouldn't pay too much mind to the whole "rarity" thing honestly. I think that gets overstated and quite lacking in statistical evidence.
Mm, well if I had to guess, I'd say your dislike of being sad make me think 9. It does go into what I said earlier about seeing strong 9 in you. I think 9s generally dislike connecting to their anger or any other negative emotion that drains them, it goes against their inner peace. From what I can tell, 4s are usually prone to melancholy. 4 gets correlated a lot with Fi by people (though MBTI and Enneagram are different systems judging different things) so if you're an ISFP you may be extra inclined to relate to 4's commonly defined traits by virtue of being an Fi-dominant. But I don't think there's anything wrong with you choosing 4w5 as the core if you relate to both strongly enough. Depends on what you fear more. Loss and conflict or lacking personal significance.
I'd say Leorio is my favourite.

Yeah, I just remember seeing stats that infj's are very rare, so that through in some doubt. I think I agree with you, 9 fits better. I don't think i have the usual 4 traits either, at least one's that aren't on the surface. I don't desperately want to be different, I want to be like people who I admire or at least as skilled as them. I know 9's have a very hard time typing themselves because they can 'imitate' every other type. so if the Fi from isfp accounts for the 4 ish feeling, do i even have a 4 in my tritype, or is the tritype an outlet for my Fi. so essentially, is my Fi and 4 connected and influence eachother or are they different things entirely?

I'd say Leorio is my favourite.

Yeah, I just remember seeing stats that infj's are very rare, so that through in some doubt. I think I agree with you, 9 fits better. I don't think i have the usual 4 traits either, at least one's that aren't on the surface. I don't desperately want to be different, I want to be like people who I admire or at least as skilled as them. I know 9's have a very hard time typing themselves because they can 'imitate' every other type. so if the Fi from isfp accounts for the 4 ish feeling, do i even have a 4 in my tritype, or is the tritype an outlet for my Fi. so essentially, is my Fi and 4 connected and influence eachother or are they different things entirely?
Hehe good ol' Leorio, that goofball.

Sure, you might still have 4 in your tritype, or it might be acting as a wing. I had a gut feeling but it wasn't strong enough for me to really say it, but maybe you have 3 in your tritype. Honestly I relate a lot to your desire. That's kinda the big driving force of my life. I want to be successful and as masterful in something meaningful as the people I admire.
Enneagram is about fear and motivation so it's not the same thing as cognitive functions, which is about how you process information. So to know if you have 4, you have to do a bit of digging into what drives you, what do you fear most. You have to be able to be honest about this. It might take some time but it sounds like you have some idea.
I'd say enneagram does have influence on how you process information though, yes. For example, my Ti gets quite a lot of room to develop itself when I have major 5 concerns, it often makes me feel like an INTx sometimes because I sorta downplay my Fe and try to keep it more controlled than say an INFJ 2 might.

Reactions: Angry-Spaghetti
21 - 38 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.