Personality Cafe banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lemme tell you, I'm a HUUUUUGE Disney fan. Enough stated.
But I need some other people's opinions typing our beloved heroines. It's almost embarrassing, that I can't figure it out. But most of the google results are very off.
It's surprisingly hard for me. And I've been thinking on this for a while.

Snow White, I think, is an ESFJ. Pretty sure.

Cinderella. I'm torn between like three types. I think she could be an ISFJ, or an INFJ. Or an ENFJ, possibly.

Aurora is really hard to type because she's hardly even in her own movie.
I'm thinking ISFP or INFP, most likely. Maybe ISFJ?

Ariel, I think, is an ENFP. She's a possibilities, discovery person, a what if gal, and that veers me away from ESFP.

Belle is either ISFP or INFP. I can see her as either.

I think Jasmine is an ENTJ. Possibly an ENFJ.

Pocahontas is an NF, but I'm not sure if E or I, and P or J.

Mulan could probably pass as either ENFP or ENTP, I see both.

I think Tiana is an ISTJ. She's a very hard worker, she has a strong sense of duty.

Rapunzel. Most likely ENFJ. Possibly ENFP, ESFP, ESFJ.

Merida. Probably ESTP. Maybe ENTP.

INFJ, is very likely for Elsa.

Anna
Probably ESFP or ESFJ. She's pretty impulsive, but she could be an ESFJ too.

Sorry about the terribleness of my thoughts. Please excuse it. I'm not so great at typing them.
Heh, thanks for any of you people's help. :)

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
I can see ENFP for Ariel.
INFJ for Elsa.
Tiana seems to be an ISTJ, dutiful, traditional, strong character.
Anna (from Frozen) is quite impuslive yeah. She only wants the best for her sister but she doesn't think through her actions before acting. I would say she definitely an extrovert and an F type, I'm torn between ESFP and ESFJ too.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I know, why is it so hard to type these princesses? I think nostalgia gets in my way.

Anyway...

Aurora is hard like you say. I always want to say S but she is not always "direct." IxFx is certain.
Pocahontas: Some INFJs relate; some don't. Definitely seems xNFJ to me.
Tiana: SJ to the core, man.
Cinderella: often called the classic ISFJ, and I concur.
Mulan: She is oh so hard for me. But I don't think she is extroverted. I would like seeing why you think she is one, though:)
Merida and Ariel: agree with you on these
Jasmine: curse you, Jasmine, I can never decide! ENxJ seems a nice place.
Belle: INFP One of my favorite princesses
Anna: ExFx is all I can come up with at the moment, sorry ):
Rapunzel: I like her as ENFP but I can certainly see ENFJ.
Elsa: you're new to the forum (welcome to the site! I am pretty new here as well), so maybe you don't know, but she is so debated on this forum I have to chuckle (at myself, too.) I say ISTJ, but I can certainly see the INFJ argument. I'd love hearing your thoughts on Elsa as well; some are sick of the type debate but I love hearing individual interpretations of her and since everyone has a different spin, I'd love to see why and how you see Elsa as INFJ. If you'd like to see a part of my take on her as ISTJ (and from people who can explain it better, along with arguments for INFJ of course) you can check out this link. Don't let the title put you off; some excellent arguments for INFJ and counter debates follow the first post. http://personalitycafe.com/guess-type/361362-elsa-not-infj-heres-why.html

Sorry about my weak arguments here; I'll give it more thought and rewatch some of the films; hey, a good excuse right? Perhaps I would make better points then. Anyway, it's a nice topic and it's always great to find a fellow Disney addict!

·
Registered
6,166 Posts
Anna (from Frozen) is quite impuslive yeah. She only wants the best for her sister but she doesn't think through her actions before acting. I would say she definitely an extrovert and an F type
Well if she acts on the impulse of the moment and cares little for future consequences then that probably points toward P/Se, though I can see where you're getting ESFJ, and where people are getting ENFP.

·
Banned
2,959 Posts
Here's what I propose.

Cinderella: ISFJ
Snow White: ENFJ
Aurora: ISFP
Belle: INFP
Mulan: ISTP
Ariel: ESFP
Jasmine: ENTJ
Pocahontas: INFJ
Tiana: ISTJ
Anna: ENFP
Elsa: INTJ
Merida: ESTP
Rapunzel: ENFP

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Here is my sense:

Cinderella: isfj
jasmine: infj
ariel: esfp
snow white: isfp
belle: intp
pocahontas: enfj or enfp
elsa: infj maybe
anna: esfp
rapunzel: enfp
merida: estp
mulan: entp
aurora: enfj but i honestly don't remember much about her
megara: istp, maybe

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
Snow White could be an ESFJ. She's too dreamy to be an ESFP.

Cinderella seems to me like an ISFJ. She's a loner. She isn't shown having a lot of friends besides the mice. I don't think INFJ would suit her. She doesn't have the absent mindedness of an Ni dominant.

Aurora is maybe an INFP... I don't know. She could also be an ENFP. She's in the movie for what, ten minutes?

Ariel is very clearly an ENFP.

Belle is probably an INFP seeing as how she's reading all the time. I'm not saying that ISFPs don't read or anything. I'm just saying that's how they're portrayed in movies. The quiet bookworm is probably an INxx.

I see Jasmine as an ESFP. I don't think she's an ENxx at all.

Pocohontas is an INFJ in my opinion.

Mulan is an ESFP. xxFPs are the ones that feel like no one understands them. ExTPs have Fi PoLR. They don't really care if people don't get them. I did think of ENFP but Mulan doesn't seem like much of a dreamer when compared to Anna, Repunzel or Ariel.

I thought Tiana was an ESFJ. She's too dreamy to be an ISTJ. ESTJ doesn't match her either, but I could be wrong. She's definitely an xxSJ.

Repunzel is definitely an ENFP. Whenever Disney presents us with dreamers, they're usually ENFPs. Sure, ENFJs can fit that mold too, but that longing to go out there and explore things is definitely an ENxP trait.

Merida is an Se dominant. I think she's an ESFP. I don't think Ti suits her.

Elsa is definitely not an Fe user. She shows not even a shred of Fe in her character. Her song 'let it go' is all about Fi. She's definitely an INFP.

Anna is an ENFP. ENFPs are the only type I can think of who are that desperate to find love. Anna's personality is way to quirky for her to be an Se dominant. And I really don't see how you think she is an ESFJ...

·
Registered
INFJ EII 5w4 so/sp (145) Pisces♓️
591 Posts
Merida: ESTP
Tiana: ESTJ/ISTJ
Anna: ESFP
Snow White: ESFJ/ENFJ
Mulan: ISTP
Elsa ISTJ
Aurora: ISFP/INFP
Cinderella: ISFJ
Jasmin: ENTJ
Ariel: ENFP
Rapunzel: ENFJ
Alice: INTP
Belle: INFJ/INFP
Pocahontas: INFJ

Reactions: Librarian

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
My current typing of the princesses:

Snow White ~ ISFJ

Cinderella ~ ISFJ

Aurora ~ ISFP

Ariel ~ ESFP

Belle ~ INFP

Jasmine ~ tough one. Currently leaning towards xSFJ.

Pocahontas ~ ENFx (probably J, though P not impossible)

Mulan ~ INTP

Tiana ~ ESFJ

Rapunzel ~ ENFP

Merida ~ ESTP

Elsa ~ INFJ

Anna ~ ENFP

Megara ~ ISTP

Reactions: Librarian

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Elsa is definitely not an Fe user. She shows not even a shred of Fe in her character. Her song 'let it go' is all about Fi. She's definitely an INFP.
See here is a place where, as an INFJ, I have a completely different interpretation. I always saw let it go as an expression of Ni through Se, not Fi at all (not much to do with Fe either of course). This is the first time she was able to express her Ni--not being able to do so for too much time is very detrimental to an INFJ, which was what she was dealing with before when she was locked up, then locked herself up.

Sometimes with Ni you don't really realize what your mind has come up with until you let it outside of you in some way, through Fe or Se. When you do, it feels like you are discovering it because it was more subconscious and inaccessible when on the inside. When Elsa is finally able to express her creativity, the intricate designs that Ni can formulate, in the outside world, she begins to truly realize what she is capable of. An Fi user would be much more aware of this, I think, without having to let it outside of herself first.

Anna is an ENFP. ENFPs are the only type I can think of who are that desperate to find love. Anna's personality is way to quirky for her to be an Se dominant. And I really don't see how you think she is an ESFJ...
Absolutely agree! She is such an Ne dominant, I do believe! And the perfect NF romantic and dreamer:)

Reactions: Sensational

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Kinda feel bad for the INTJ girls out there; very seldom is a princess even CONSIDERED INTJ. Why is that, I wonder? Based on observation/ memory, of course, only a few are considered T doms. Ones that are argued as Ts (as much as or more than Fs) typically include:

Mulan (When not argued as INFJ)
Tianna (typically xSTJ, But again, F is still common)
Elsa (F and T are very close, with a few more F voters than T)
Megara (most agree with ISTP)

As you can see, Disney females are not as likely to be T as they are F, and NT is even rarer. Interestingly, when one is typed as T they are also often typed S. There are perhaps more Es as well, only slightly however.

But I do wonder if we will ever see a main Female protagonist as INTJ; it would be pretty cool in my opinion. One blog said that INTJ females are the rarest in fiction; would be nice for Disney to break the mold.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts