Personality Cafe banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am 15 years old, i run my whole house, i take care of everyone, my friends are like my children! my dog is sick, so shes like my sick child, and it hurts so bad! plus i deal with no support with my abusive parents?? i have to be so mature and i know i am mature for my age but when will i just be allowed to be a kid!?!?! its so hard to go thru ALL of this plus so much more with moodswingey teenager stuff on top of it. i am extremely overwhelmed.

oh yes! forgot to mention... i also am gettin a job so i can pay for things by myself by working at the nursing home.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks:) hugs actually do really help.. ha actually yesterday day i called my dad when he was outside and made him come inside to give me a hug :p

·
Registered
54 Posts
So sorry to hear about your situation. The best I can say is surround yourself with positive people. You don't have to take care of everyone else at the expense of your happiness/sanity. Now your sick dog will need immediate attention and that is not something you can put off. Get a job to pay for the vet bills, but once that's taken care of I recommend that you quit. Unless your job brings you great joy, you can be much happier not making someone else rich. The age you are at you're at the cusp of adulthood, everything may seem like one huge hurdle after another but believe me it gets easier. One step at a time. My biggest regret is working since I was 16, I could have had so many more wonderful experiences if I wasn't addicted to a paycheck. Hopefully this helps.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I am sorry to hear about this. *comfort* I myself used to act very mature for my age. I won't get into it too much, though I am sure I posted a bit about it at some point on this site, about when I was younger. I had to grow up very quickly mentally as a child. For me it was when I was under 6 years old. Today I act more like a kid than I did even when I was in high school. While I can't give you any advice on how to prevent your current situation, as I am assuming its being done out of necessity... To answer your worry, you have your whole life to be a kid at heart. At least for me, being already socially outcast. I have nothing to lose when I do something that is out of the norm. :proud: I may have to ask you some pointers down the road about job procurement though! I am job hunting myself at the moment. Not doing so hot... but thats a question for a few months down the pipeline! Hang in there. And besides... being a kid at heart at an older age is much more fun! Just keep positive if possible. It does wonders for the mental state of mind~

I really wanted to say just be a kid now when you could find time, but I know how useless that statement could be. It was for me back in the day.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I'm sorry life is hard for you right now. I can't possibly know exactly how you feel, but I can relate to the experience of having to grow up too fast. I know a lot of it's a waiting game - waiting for the adult rights to match the responsibilities you've had to shoulder, so you can finally get the hell out of there. I know it can be hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel, but it's there, I promise.

If you are interested in practical advice, I would tell you this: if you're not planning to go to college, PLAN ON IT. Work really hard in school, get good grades, study for your entrance exams, and talk to counselors about applying for financial aid and scholarships. College is by FAR the best shot you have at getting out of your crappy home situation. There are all kinds of resources to help you afford it that won't be there if you wait - I missed out, but you shouldn't.

You're stronger, braver, and smarter than you think. Don't forget it.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Don't forget to care for yourself amidst all the others who need you. You must take good care of yourself first so you are strong enough to give help to them. And I hope you know that you have the power to choose and limit who you help and when! I know you know that and can do it, but I thought maybe you might like a reminder, anyway. -"It's not easy when you want to save the whole world", a wise friend once said to me...

Don't lose sight of who you are and what your dreams are - it might seem ridiculous and difficult at times to think of yourself separate from others, but doing that once in a while can help keep the stress down. Remember that you are worth as much energy, support and love as you give.

You're very brave and responsible in the face of an unfair and strange world. I'm sure things will only get brighter for you as you continue to make the most of things and move forward.

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
i admire your resolve but you don't need to always be the hero. other than your dog they're all quite capable and you should see if they still care for you if you aren't always looking after them like that

·
Registered
431 Posts
It's OK

INFPs love to focus on the negative, you just have to try your best to alter your mindset. Be thankful for every bite of food you eat and every second you can sleep.

·
Registered
716 Posts
i am 15 years old, i run my whole house, i take care of everyone, my friends are like my children! my dog is sick, so shes like my sick child, and it hurts so bad! plus i deal with no support with my abusive parents?? i have to be so mature and i know i am mature for my age but when will i just be allowed to be a kid!?!?! its so hard to go thru ALL of this plus so much more with moodswingey teenager stuff on top of it. i am extremely overwhelmed.

oh yes! forgot to mention... i also am gettin a job so i can pay for things by myself by working at the nursing home.
I didn't have much time to be a kid either. Not a happy one, anyway..

But the good thing about being INFP is that you never really leave childhood, so when things calm down in your life (I know that now it probably seems like they wont, but trust me - they will) you'll have time to re-discover your inner child.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Thanks for reaching out to us! *hugs*

Nothing is more hard than when the people who should be there..aren't. I'm sorry you have to experience this. But never forget that this experience, bad or not, is a part of you. And you have the ability to be stronger because of it. Even though times are hard now, you have to never forget to extract meaning out of it. My parents were never there for me either, emotionally or physically, so I can understand where you're coming from. You are strong though. You are currently enduring your burden and when you finally can let it go, you'll always have your strength. You are just proving your character, and at times that may be the only comfort you have. Don't forget though, that although character may be invisible to those who don't feel it out, your character is that of someone who will learn to love their experiences. Why? Because you're strong enough to fight for the positive. Don't give up girl, this is only the beginning of the climb...but the view is worth it every step of the way. The higher up we get, the less we feel gravity. You are going to soar!

·
MOTM Dec 2012
12,239 Posts
* hugs * hey tkdprincessxoxo it'll be okay, just hang in there. life can get you down now, but life also has its way of showing you wonderful things that you'd never expect. FWIW, i empathize with you deeply. Let's live for those moments!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hey thanks everyone, you are all so amazing to me!! well as for my plans, i have huge dreams and goals. i get good grades in school, im going to be a sophomore in high school this year.. im planning on post secondary in my junior and senior year. i want to go to Stanford medical school to become a pulminary surgeon.. thats what my plan always was. if i dont go into surgery im very interested in becoming a life coach... these dreams of mine are the only thing that i have to keep me going thru all these rough times ya know>? something to look forward to and strive for

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.