Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. (I am aware I said this already, but still...) I'm Jack. Or will be, once I'm bored with my current username. I'm a male, turning twenty in a month. I'm also atypical for a male in his twenties, as I don't give a damn about: football, expensive cars whose primary purpose is to attract females looking for a financially stable male, parties with huge crowds of idiots enjoying losing control because they're otherwise too afraid to stop keeping up pretenses, girls, boys, weepy romance relationships, and sex in particular. I refuse to participate in the whole game entirely. Why?... It's complicated. In short, it disgusts me. Should you be considering religious reasons, I'm an atheist. Bazzinga.
As I also mentioned above, INTP by MBTI, Enneagram Type 5, so that may be an indicator as to why. Had the Big Five results somewhere, but I can't be bothered to go looking for 'em now. Maybe later. Maybe not. Eh, who cares. At this point, maybe it's worth mentioning I only recently got into the whole personality profiling thing, even though psychology has been an interest of mine for sometime (a bit more intensely lately, though).

Anyway, you should already have a vague picture of me, personality-wise: usually quiet, head up in the clouds, weirdo, selective about people, small group of trusted friends, often coming across as an arrogant smart-ass or a cold bastard that doesn't give a damn about how others feel (there's actually background there, but I usually don't go into it, as it's a waste of time. Better yet, I try to keep my mouth shut, until someone does something really stupid, annoying, inconsiderate, a combination, or all of the above. If I have an outburst, it was "all of the above"). Frequent problems with rules and authority that should be respected just for their own sake, especially when they're useless or negative. Brutally analytical and sometimes cynical, although it hasn't been met with as much negativity lately as it was in the past. All in all, nothing out of the ordinary for the archetypes I got.

Now, allow me to fill in the blanks. I'm a college student, and I'm studying LAW, of all things. I've often been told by my peers and friends that I kinda made the wrong choice, since I see things mathematically more often than not (not good with numbers, just vague non-concrete mathematical concepts... VISUAL THINKER!), I'm always going on about genetics, quantum physics, the possiblities of the future... I've even been told I should've gone into psychology, since, as they said, "I easily take people apart", but the truth is that most people are dumb and easily solvable, and as such, a waste of my time. It's the complex ones I find fascinating. I also write sci-fi in my spare time, which is rather sparse lately. Physically, I'm skinny, slouching, my hair is always a mess of a different sort each day, depending on its interaction with my pillow... I'm a smoker, a caffeine addict... Experimented with drugs out of curiosity, as well as for mental stimulation and inspiration. Um... Ah. Hypersensitive to sound, especially higher-pitched noises. Such as people that yell instead of talking, cackling squeaky girls, old buses and their screeching brakes (definitely my most hated thing in the world; this city's full of 'em. And their engines sound like a legion of trash compactors!), as well as any car's screeching, squealing, wailing brakes as it oh-so-slowly comes to a halt. That's why you usually can't see me anywhere without a pair of headphones, whether small ones that plug your ears or huge ones that make you look like you're contacting NASA from the Moon or something...

See, this is why I hate this. Truth is, I don't really know what to say. So I end up writing stupid useless details. And ramble on from detail to detail. Oh well. I don't usually value the superficial, except as a standard starting point for analysis, which is, I guess, what this is. Anyway, nice to... uh, well "meet you" would be inappropriate, since I haven't, so I'll rephrase it like this: Even though I despise doing this and talking about myself like this, I'm hoping this will prove an interesting and potentially useful experience, not just to me, so... nice to introduce myself. :happy:

Mr. CafeBot, the stage is yours.

·
Mr. CafeBot
13,103 Posts
Welcome to PersonalityCafe!

*You are hearing a robotic sounding voice coming towards you*

Greetings Brainfreeze_237 and welcome to PersonalityCafe!! My name is Mr. CafeBot. I am here to personally greet you and thank you for joining our humble little forum. No matter your type, you will surely experience a wonderful time with the members of this forum. We cater to all personality types so you will never feel alone or weird. Truth is this forum is full of weirdos!! Pleazeee hel.... *Ahem*I mean we have the nicest people you will ever meet. :)

If you need basic forum information our newbie guide link is here...
http://personalitycafe.com/intro/2319-friendly-guide-newbies.html

To keep the forum entertaining and safe, our forum rules link is here...
http://personalitycafe.com/announcements/540-personality-cafe-forum-rules.html

We have a facebook style chat that you can enable throughout the site... Just read on how to enable it here...
http://personalitycafe.com/support-suggestions/13046-personality-cafe-facebook-style-chat.html

If you need any help or have any suggestions, please let us know here...
http://personalitycafe.com/support-suggestions/

We will always be glad to help you!

Also don't forget to watch my music video...

Again, welcome to our forum Brainfreeze_237. We hope that your experience with us is tremendously benevolent!

P.S.

Please tip me 1 gold. I need to buy more coffee! @[email protected]

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hello. I must note that the ending to your intro was very similar to my intro with the realization that Mr. CafeBot would crop up.

It's nice to meet you and I hope you enjoy your time at PerC. And also that loud, frequent noises will try less to haunt your life.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks... and yes, like you, probably, I poked around and noticed the Mr. CafeBot "pattern" thing... I found the test of his authenticity and 'REAL' intelligence thread amusing. I also found your own intro interesting: the part about being productive by making babies cracked me up xD

·
Banned
3,653 Posts
Welcome, Buddy. I'm INTP type 5w4 myself.
1. Very nice post. Eloquent and well-written.
2. I will keep an eye on you; you seem interesting.

And you're studying LAW? Awesome. I like law, myself.
Except, I'll probably go into philosophy and psychology.

Welcome.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome, Buddy. I'm INTP type 5w4 myself.
1. Very nice post. Eloquent and well-written.
2. I will keep an eye on you; you seem interesting.

And you're studying LAW? Awesome. I like law, myself.
Except, I'll probably go into philosophy and psychology.

Welcome.
I wouldn't say 'studying' as much as 'collecting points'. :tongue: The whole system here is backwards: critical thinking, learning, understanding, new ideas and re-structuring existing theories have no place here. It's all based on sentence memorization and answering trick questions right on exams (picking the correct answer. Yeah, we PICK answers). In other words, I can't wait to get outta here, but then again, I'm not sure it's any different anywhere abroad... though the system HAS to work better than this. It's FLAWED, I tell you, FLAWED! :crazy:

Anyways, I seem to have a natural tendency towards philosophy and psychology, and from what I understand so far, this seems to be a general INTP trait... never actually considered going into psychology, under the excuse that it was too many years of studies for something so "easy" (yeah, I'm aware of how cocky and condescending it sounds, and that's not my intent; psychoanalysis just comes sorta naturally to me, and probably to most other INTPs...), although I am considering doing something with philosophy later on, maybe after I'm done with law. Planning on specializing in international law, to be precise, and I thought I'd mix it in with something interesting... that something probably being genetics (I saw a big, important field opening up with human genetic engineering), though I'm not so sure now.

Bleh. I talk too much, too long. Apologies for that... :happy: but it does seem we share some interests. I'm starting to like this place already :laughing:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts