Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have no clue what I'm doing, but hi.

I'm very new to the whole "labeling personalities" thing, but I like how it's not about looking into the stars, and reading palms and other bullshit. The science behind it is very interesting.

I guess I'm an ENTP.
I took the test twice, and got ENTP both times.
Maybe I'll try it again later.

:D

Am I doing this correctly?

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Welcome.
Are you doing it right? Is there a right? Stick around and you will see if you belong here, or somewhere else in here.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@abitsilly: Thanks! Yeah, it does. I used to listen to this radio station all the time called 96.1 WSRS. Eseress is how you'd say SRS. I just took the 'arr' and made it an 'err'.

@alfreda: I meant if I was posting correctly. :p

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
At least your hair seem to give you the right shine..:happy:

Welcome from another "veteran"..

·
Registered
163 Posts
I don't know why, but Natalie Portman's cluster f-bombs just came to mind.

Good job. You have just been associated with a shit ton of awesome.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Well, now, I wouldn't call it a science by any means, but it is pretty nifty and all that. Just stick around for a bit and see what more you can learn.

Welcome from another "veteran"..
"Veteran?" Have you been around here for...what, a week? Just sayin'. :tongue:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, now, I wouldn't call it a science by any means, but it is pretty nifty and all that. Just stick around for a bit and see what more you can learn.

"Veteran?" Have you been around here for...what, a week? Just sayin'. :tongue:
Well, there's more science behind it than astrology.

I'm actually not really liking this.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, not that I take this seriously, but from browsing around I don't really fit.

I took the test once more, and it said ENTP for the third time, so I guess that's what my label is.

However, I can barely relate to anything here.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Well, not that I take this seriously, but from browsing around I don't really fit.

I took the test once more, and it said ENTP for the third time, so I guess that's what my label is.

Did you try taking tests from a different source? What about a cognitive functions test? Those can help point you to your type as well.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I haven't, no. Could you point me to some? I'm very new to these personality tests. I do find them very interesting though.

:]

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
I haven't, no. Could you point me to some? I'm very new to these personality tests. I do find them very interesting though.

:]
Indeed, start by taking other tests. I'd suggest, however, that you read up on descriptions and whatnot. In the end, it's about doing your research and finding what you relate to and what fits you the most. If ENTP isn't a comfortable fit, then don't trust the tests -- trust your own judgment first and foremost.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Indeed, start by taking other tests. I'd suggest, however, that you read up on descriptions and what not. In the end, it's about doing your research and finding what you relate to and fit the most. If ENTP isn't a comfortable fit, then don't trust the tests -- trust your own judgment first and foremost.
I'm not even sure if I really care to be bothered at this point.

I've read descriptions, and I am trusting my own judgement, which is why I'm saying these things.

It was a fun thing to do, but I think it's run its course for me.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts

Well, first of all welcome :)

Second, what exactly are you not relating to? Stuff here in the ENTP forum about being ENTP?

I do feel compelled to warn you about type stereotypes. You might read stuff on this forum that says ENTP's are immature, don't grow up til they're 30, practical jokesters, could care less about other peoples feelings or opinions, etc. But thats not always the case. There's variation within type and there's this thing called maturity.

If you've done your research, examined the description and the functions, and ENTP fits you, then you're ENTP.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well, first of all welcome :)

Second, what exactly are you not relating to? Stuff here in the ENTP forum about being ENTP?

I do feel compelled to warn you about type stereotypes. You might read stuff on this forum that says ENTP's are immature, don't grow up til they're 30, practical jokesters, could care less about other peoples feelings or opinions, etc. But thats not always the case. There's variation within type and there's this thing called maturity.

If you've done your research, examined the description and the functions, and ENTP fits you, then you're ENTP.
It's more about this forum. Not even really the stereotypical part. I've been on here for a while now, like 5 hours, just watching how people interact with each other. I'm a people reader, so I try to assess whenever I can. I just feel sort of, out of the ordinary, if I were an ENTP personality type.

Also, I must say, my skepticism is going through the roof here.
I'm not really comfortable with labeling myself on something like this.

Maybe this just isn't for me.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts