Personality Cafe banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you type me?

I've taken a few online tests but I think that their answers are pretty irrelevant and I'd like to see if you guys would be up to the task. That said for anyone responding, just give me some directions on how I could assist your task.

____

Oh wait I just read that sticky:

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

Well I've been typed as many different things and I do not fit a particular mold

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

I yearn for a lot of things. Happiness, accomplishment, respect, and a fulfilled life. Those are really my goals in meta, but on a shorter term basis I usually strive to keep progressing and improving.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

I tend to be at my finest when I'm accomplishing things. When I have a really busy life style and there's always something to do...I like trying out new things and spicing things up. Learning new cultures, visiting new places, and doing new things really.

4) What makes you feel inferior?

I feel inferior if I lose. If someone beats me at something I feel inferior I guess I could sum it up as. Also, if I feel like at the particular time I have nothing to show for or I don't have a lifestyle to be proud of I'll feel inferior and envious of those who do have a lifestyle I feel I would want....be it a nice house, cars, girlfriend, jobs etc. It's not that I want that lifestyle for myself, but I like parts of that lifestyle that I'd like to have in my own life. If that makes sense
5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

Usually my decisions are based on what I feel is the most obvious best choice. Usually the answer just seems like common sense in day to day activities and I don't really have to think about it. For more life changing decisions I do put thought into it but that too doesn't have a huge impact as my decision can still change last minute.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

When working on a project I do like to have a impact. Obviously if I'm the only one working on it then I have the biggest impact, but if in a group I like to have influence because I usually believe I have the best ideas in mind for reaching the best outcome.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

Uhm. There's a lot of things that can give me joy. I guess picking something up fast like a new game and beating the old vets is a lot of fun. Uhm, nothing really in particular comes to mind. Usually it's the small things like cracking jokes or having a good conversation that opens up your perspective on life.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)

When I learn something new I usually dive into it. I can pick things up pretty fast and I usually can find the best way of doing something in fairly little time. I usually like to go hands on because that gives you the best experience and you get to feel all parts of whatever your learning in a more intimate experience. Dont get me wrong, I could theorize but it doesn't work very well. I just go on tangents in my head and don't really learn. It can be fun but it is just less effective.
9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?

I'm one of the most unorganized people you'll meet.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

When judging new ideas I just try to see if it makes sense. I don't know how to explain it other than that. If it seems logical then I'll view it favorably. I won't trust it completely until I see the idea tested but if it makes sense then I won't throw it out as being wrong. I usually can tell if a new idea is good or not anyways, and if I do believe in it heavily and do vouch for it, after testing the idea, I usually find my trust was well placed and it was correct.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

I would say that I hardly have harmony. I don't belong to a particular group but I do go out of my way at times to make people feel happy. It's not because I actually care about them per say, but it's just in my nature. I do try to follow what I believe and be myself, but it's more difficult than it seems.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

That's the thing. It really depends. If it's a serious conversation and I know what I say will be heavily judged than I will think before I speak. However, on a fast pace conversation, be it groups or such, I will speak fast and not think. I don't have a preference for one on one conversations or group conversations. I have a preference on the content of the conversations. A one on one conversation is stimulating if it really gets in depth and isn't small talky. If it has to do with sharing each others ideas and perspectives and learning new things then I get really into it. Group conversations are the same. If it's mundane BS then I can't get interested. However, if it's a group conversation on something I enjoy then I am one of those guys who can lead the conversation to new interesting subjects. 13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

It depends. I jump into action right away depending on my mood. If I am feeling energetic and courageous then I will. If I'm feeling more cautious and timid then I won't. Actions do speak louder than words.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

It really depends on who's calling me and what they plan on doing. I may go out for one group of friends and decide to stay in for another group.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

Uhm. When I'm stressed out I really think a lot and dig into the mundane details. I also can become frantic and really off the walls.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

Uhm. Thats the thing. I really change on this one. One day I may think wow this guy or gal is really funny or witty and the next day I may think he's a complete ass who has no idea what he's talking about. it really depends how I feel. If I'm cheery then I put everyone in a good light, if I'm not then everyone is an ass.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

I like talking about things that I find interesting. I don't like talking about random BS like who's dating who or other gossip. I guess my best conversations are the ones where I can get other people into a complex subject and really have them give me their thoughts on it. I also can shine in these conversations because I can show my perspective in such a way that I gain massive brownie points xD

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life

That's a funny question. Wouldn't you think the things that I spend the least attention in my life would be the most ambiguous or evasive things that I could possibly list. How am I to know what I don't pay attention to, it's as if it doesn't exist, so how am I to list them???

Oh well I'll give it a try lol. I can get a decent guess based on what others have told me I don't pay attention to. IE my room could be a mess and I don't even notice it but others say wow wtf is wrong with ur room. Uhm, that's really all I can think of.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?

That's the thing. Different friends or groups will perceive me differently. Some may say I'm funny, witty, eccentric. Others may say I'm intelligent, reserved, and cynical but sharp. It depends on the environment I'm in, I will act accordingly.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

If I had a whole day to do whatever I'd like I'd visit the world. I'd try to visit all the wonders of the world, go to outer space, get to know the culture of various peoples that I travel by and really experience the world from outside the perspective of an American living in the 21st century.

~~~~~~

BTW the top above these questions still applies. If you guys need any help or assistance just ask me what to do in your response and I'll do my best to help you out.

·
Registered
70 Posts

Answer 20 question + my questions.Or just writing about yourself like an essay. Give us as much as info you can provide.
Then we ll type you.

1 )When you watchin a movie,do you realize small details right away? for exp, 2 main characters speaking,but backwards ,a guy drink x coke.
2 )Do you play any instrument? how is your listening ear,i mean do u catchin rythm easily.For exp. Different lyrics but same rythm
3) Assume that you are new at town,just walked away all mixed roads once with your friends then you ate something at rest. then you returned to your home. Can you easily find that resturant again?
4 ) Do you distunguish small differences when you are eating exactly same food at different times or can you say its ingredients(extra spice).
5 )Do you like calculating,accounting -- are u precise?
6) You watched a movie and saw a one character never before --4 weeks later same actor,different disguise,different movie.Can you identify him quickly--aha i remeber his face and role. or just erase it after couple days past.
7 )Are you capable of using tools sucessfully? repairing sth or even using knife at kitchen,small slices and exact size.
8) You are in holiday, bungee jumping activity stands before you...do you want to try.
9) You worked like 10 years in same company,know everyone and like your co-workers.Safe and sound...Salary is somehow satisfy you but people around(friends,family,another guy from different company) say you deserve better salary...then you get new offer from another company,they offer twice of your current salary...What you gonna do? accept or reject.
10) Your friend brought his essay and he beggin you to check his errors -gramatical etc. Can you detech his mistakes easily on the paper?
11) Just assume you turn into an animal,which animal you want to be,why?
12)Where you spent your money mostly ? to buy clothes,books or activities(goods or services?) except basic survival needs.
13)deductive way/inductive way ? Which method you prefer.(You can skip this question if you are unsure)
14)How you gonna plan something? Which option,if none of them fits you,you can write whatever you like
A-)a)Result of Picture/image come to your mind before planing ? .For example You see K result,then start planing step by step to reach K.
b) or working like this(in mind) if i choose X,then result is Y,Y leads Z/Y , Y causes C/A - Z causes B/K then result of K choice(image) instantly,come to your mind cuz it's best fit and rational.Then you follow the steps.
B-) or general theme of plan you created before but you wanna plan details at that spesific moment,because you want to see all factors.Even small factors may ruin your plan unexpectedly.So you seem planing sth before with details in vain.Each time,new external factors come out,you want to analyze it before act.(Flexible decision mechanisim) Lets assume your general theme is collapsing a)you analyze in short period and created new plan instantly because image of result appeared quickly in your mind. b)you want to analyze over an over before act while anayzing, image/info appeared and point out the result.
15)Do you usually eating something consciously/unconsciously to relief. Mostly out of control(Lets assume your under stress or thinking something.)-Unhealty/junk foods. or You care your health and communicating your feelings(listening the music,drawning something or go jokin/pranks around. (You can write whatever you like here)
16)Lets assume your solving one tough math problem,Thinking.
a)the other things about life/infos/rules come to your mind unconsciously, i mean automatically or manually try to give you a new angle
b)or you just stick the existing math rules/formulas while thinking and try to reach the solution. Images in your mind are related with Math.
17) When you meet a guy, you see his flaws first or goodsides.How you judge his behaivours intially? which criterias you using to judge ?
18) Your close friends want to organazing a party,you are there at that moment. 1-) a)Dictating your own plan ? or b) support/eliminate the others' plan cuz they dont fit your plan in mind ? . c)givin your one sentence opinion and wait them to respond or controlling the conversation indirectly.d)You don't care,somebody planing and your contribution is limited.

2-)They start talking... you choose to interfere or wait them finish what they say.

----If the questions doesn't reflect your personality at all,you can add/create to explain yourself better.Like i usually choose a option but..bla bla....​

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I JUST ANSWERED 20 QUESTIONS GOD******

When I said if you need assistance I meant REASONABLE assistance

ARRGHHHHHH

Lol-- - I'll give it my best shot...but I'm going to hope you wrote that BEFORE I edited my post answering the 20 questions in the sticky.

Please let me know if you still want me answering your 20 regardless

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Answer 20 question + my questions.Or just writing about yourself like an essay. Give us as much as info you can provide.
Then we ll type you.

1 )When you watchin a movie,do you realize small details right away? for exp, 2 main characters speaking,but backwards ,a guy drink x coke.

No I don't realize small details at all. Usually when I watch a movie I'm thinking about the main things going on in the movie. IE why they decided to go wack a guy in the previous scene, rather than why the guy is eating spaghetti. I guess thats why I don't rewatch movies. I think I already watched it I know what's going to happen why am I watching this again. On a quick note though, I must say I observed something while I smoked pot and watched a movie. Obviously things were more hysterical, I would just burst out laughing at a persons facial expression, or something like that. But more importantly I noticed other things I normally would just look over. It was very weird, like seeing a completely different movie but the same movie at the same time.

2 )Do you play any instrument? how is your listening ear,i mean do u catchin rythm easily.For exp. Different lyrics but same rythm

I
played an instrument but sucked at it. I'm good at rythm and I do catch different lyrics if more than one person is singing at the same time.

3) Assume that you are new at town,just walked away all mixed roads once with your friends then you ate something at rest. then you returned to your home. Can you easily find that resturant again?

I wouldn't say I would EASILY find my way back but I can guarantee you that given enough time I would. I usually find things by landmarks or places of interest that just guide me. Sometimes I find things really fast sometimes it takes me longer, but I do have a good sense of direction.

4 ) Do you distunguish small differences when you are eating exactly same food at different times or can you say its ingredients(extra spice).

Lol no I don't. My thought is OH SHIT MCDONALDS (or chipotle!) YAAAA!!! Then scarf it down. The only time I notice if something is different is if something like mcdonalds fries are way way way too fucking salty where it becomes painful to actually eat it. In that case I throw it out or get sauce to mask it. Obviously this is just an example but I'd say it explains in pretty good details my experience with food.

5 )Do you like calculating,accounting -- are u precise?

I'm good at it if I spend the time to do it. I did really well in my accounting class oddly enough, and to the surprise to my classmates as I often skipped and didn't study for shit. Actually it was really hilarious, my classmate next to me would study all the time and be stressed out about tests. I wouldn't do jack shit and still score higher than him. He'd be like, you know theres a test in 2 days right? I'd be like hollllyyy shiiiit, study for 2 hours before class, and do fine. The key is looking for the answers in all the questions. A question later on may give an answer to a previous question or give clues. That skill really helped me....That and being able to bullshit lol....

And really now that I think about it (I know it's offtopic) throughout pretty much all my school years I was known as the kid who would skip or barely pay attention and yet still have one of the top scores in the class. I think people were pretty impressed with that.

But to answer your question I actually don't like it, but I think it's a useful skill....one that I'll hire someone to do for me some day.
6) You watched a movie and saw a one character never before --4 weeks later same actor,different disguise,different movie.Can you identify him quickly--aha i remeber his face and role. or just erase it after couple days past.

I'm not too good at this. I will be like "hey who is that guy he looks familiar." Then I'd proceed to outloud list names that remind me of the person, IE "Russel Crow, Guy from 300, Sylvester Salone, Jack black (LOLOL), until I finally find out where the guy is from. I also confuse movie stars. I may mix up names or stuff like that if 2 people really remind me of the same thing. Ie I may mix up Tom hanks and Mel gibson. Dont ask me why.
7 )Are you capable of using tools sucessfully? repairing sth or even using knife at kitchen,small slices and exact size.

I'm capable of using tools. I mean I don't usually even need directions, it's use and operating methodoly just seems obvious. I find it hilarious when in shop class they give you 3 days of lecture time on equipment that looks like I could figure out how to use within 10 minutes.

8) You are in holiday, bungee jumping activity stands before you...do you want to try.

HELL YES One of my goals. Reminds me of parasailing which is also something I REALLY wanna do

9) You worked like 10 years in same company,know everyone and like your co-workers.Safe and sound...Salary is somehow satisfy you but people around(friends,family,another guy from different company) say you deserve better salary...then you get new offer from another company,they offer twice of your current salary...What you gonna do? accept or reject.

Fuck yeah I'm accepting. No questions about it.

10) Your friend brought his essay and he beggin you to check his errors -gramatical etc. Can you detech his mistakes easily on the paper?

I'm actually told to be really well at English and I've been in advanced english classes. However peer review is not my thing and I wouldn't trust me to do it.

11) Just assume you turn into an animal,which animal you want to be,why?

A tiger, fox, or wolf. Because they're fucking awesome...That or a red panda luulz

12)Where you spent your money mostly ? to buy clothes,books or activities(goods or services?) except basic survival needs.

I spend my money on pretty much food, gas, activities. That pretty much lists it right there. I blow through money the fastest when I'm out with friends. It really annoys the hell out of me. The only plus side is when I run out and get them to buy me stuff.
13)deductive way/inductive way ? Which method you prefer.(You can skip this question if you are unsure)

I have no fucking idea

14)How you gonna plan something? Which option,if none of them fits you,you can write whatever you like
A-)a)Result of Picture/image come to your mind before planing ? .For example You see K result,then start planing step by step to reach K.
b) or working like this(in mind) if i choose X,then result is Y,Y leads Z/Y , Y causes C/A - Z causes B/K then result of K choice(image) instantly,come to your mind cuz it's best fit and rational.Then you follow the steps.
B-) or general theme of plan you created before but you wanna plan details at that spesific moment,because you want to see all factors.Even small factors may ruin your plan unexpectedly.So you seem planing sth before with details in vain.Each time,new external factors come out,you want to analyze it before act.(Flexible decision mechanisim) Lets assume your general theme is collapsing a)you analyze in short period and created new plan instantly because image of result appeared quickly in your mind. b)you want to analyze over an over before act while anayzing, image/info appeared and point out the result.

Okay I'm gunna be honest, I didn't read all that. However, I kinda get what you're shooting for. When I plan it really depends on what my goal is. Sometimes I don't have a goal and I just shoot for the best and improvise altering things along the way to meet an end. Other times I may want to come out with a specific goal in mind and try to get there with coordinated decisions. Let me state that I use these different methods for different situations. Lets say for example I want to drill out a piece of information out of a friend. That may be a goal but I found in life that going through that situation with that goal in mind does NOT work out well. What works better is to have that as a sort of idea or ideal you'd like to achieve, but to try to get to it naturally without force. To do so you have to kind of not be coordinated, but be smooth and get it out naturally, rather than going "hey bob, did Jenny cheat on me last night?" Instead I may go on get him drunk then talk about how women are whores and if jenny ever cheated on me I'd never see that ***** again. Then he may slip out, or give some indication that "HEY she never did that!" "Or ehhh, you may not like this but......"

Okay I got on a tangent but you know what I mean. For project oriented things I may have a clear goal in mind and work torwards it objectively. For people I try not to because it's counterproductive. That said sometimes even for project oriented things I may just wing it. I find that often when I wing it the end result is often just as good or even better with unexpected results, with much much less effort.

15)Do you usually eating something consciously/unconsciously to relief. Mostly out of control(Lets assume your under stress or thinking something.)-Unhealty/junk foods. or You care your health and communicating your feelings(listening the music,drawning something or go jokin/pranks around. (You can write whatever you like here)

I don't indulge for relief. I don't communicate my feelings either. Part of me really wants to communicate my feelings but I'm not good at it. People often say I'm good at stating my opinion but not good at stating how I feel. And that's true. Often if things get bad I just think and think and think.
16)Lets assume your solving one tough math problem,Thinking.
a)the other things about life/infos/rules come to your mind unconsciously, i mean automatically or manually try to give you a new angle
b)or you just stick the existing math rules/formulas while thinking and try to reach the solution. Images in your mind are related with Math.

If i'm solving a tough math problem it really depends on how into it I am. If I'm really into it then I'll be thinking really tough mechanically on how to solve the problem at hand. I will try out different things and rewrite the math problem over and over. Other times I will just randomly try to remember other math problems like the one I have in front of me and try to remember things that worked before. Its really a mix up of those 2.
17) When you meet a guy, you see his flaws first or goodsides.How you judge his behaivours intially? which criterias you using to judge ?

It depends on my mood. If i'm feeling cheerful I'll see his goodside. If I'm feeling cynical I'll take it as a negative. The criteria I use to judge is what stereotype I feel like they fit into initially. Then I see how they act and then judge them based on other traits such as timidity, sillyness, agressiveness, etc. Then I may take it a step further and find out the persons hobbies and get an idea on their lifestyle. From that point on I usually have a good idea about who I'm talking to.
18) Your close friends want to organazing a party,you are there at that moment. 1-) a)Dictating your own plan ? or b) support/eliminate the others' plan cuz they dont fit your plan in mind ? . c)givin your one sentence opinion and wait them to respond or controlling the conversation indirectly.d)You don't care,somebody planing and your contribution is limited.

Depends how much I care. If I care then I will get into it and try to influence what happens. If I don't care then I won't. That's what it really comes down to it. BTW when I say care, I mean more than just the party itself. There may be other influences such as trying to impress others with my planning skills, or showing a particular skill I have, or something of that sort.

2-)They start talking... you choose to interfere or wait them finish what they say.

Depends on what they're saying.

----If the questions doesn't reflect your personality at all,you can add/create to explain yourself better.Like i usually choose a option but..bla bla....​
Done...................

·
Registered
70 Posts
Here my analysis;
Ne-Ti user undoubtely. Understand how something works quickly,logical risk taker,interesting witty answers.Adjusting the things the way you want base on current the situation,explorer,creative.

First i start to read 20 questions,first thing in mind about you ''this guy is witty'' then i read more this about ''this guy quite like me'' :) '' i dispelled my bias then continue to reading.

Low Si,High Ne,High Ti,your Fe higher than your Fi , you use your Fe when it is needed but you rely on your Ti more than Fe. You use Ne-Ti hardcorely,so your 3rd 4th kinda weak,but it is ok,most of us,just using our major combo mostly.

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life
''That's a funny question. Wouldn't you think the things that I spend the least attention in my life would be the most ambiguous or evasive things that I could possibly list. How am I to know what I don't pay attention to, it's as if it doesn't exist, so how am I to list them??? ''
-your response is hillarious,witty .i laughed.Actually the question isnt contradicted by itself,you can detech this. using the word ''least'',if it says no attention at all,i would accept your answer gladly.But you gave 3rd eye's view and 2nd part is good also indicate that you got it or predicted what the question ask actually,you just messin.

Don't try to con a con man xD

aim of question is to detect yr low functions. But the style of question is not so good,i accepted it.

Anyway if someone else claims differently ,i'm ready to face,cuz i'm almost sure about you ,i can analyze your answers by one by to prove myself in detalied way.Some of your answers say using streotypes,according to my current mood,i do... etc. but that doesn't show you are Fi&Fe user.I want to explain more but have work to do atm.
so my vote goes to ENTP.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the feedback.

I figured I could be an ENTP but I've been told I'm just as likely to be an ISTP.

Is there any way to really find out?

Personally, I'm starting to think that I could be an ISTP with high Ne 0o

·
Registered
70 Posts
Thanks for the feedback.

I figured I could be an ENTP but I've been told I'm just as likely to be an ISTP.

Is there any way to really find out?

Personally, I'm starting to think that I could be an ISTP with high Ne 0o
I analyzed some ISTPs here,i know their way to answer .Also that ISTP type,i know,maybe more than myself.Because of my father's type. So you aren't ISTP according to my opinion and observations.

Beside,i didn't type you with just sterotypes.I used my knowledge about cognitive functions.

So whatever i say ,eventually best typer for your case is ''you'' so my humble advice read cognitive function area of this forum.Core of the Theory.

Here are few examples from your responses.

I do go out of my way at times to make people feel happy. It's not because I actually care about them per say, but it's just in my nature--Fe 3rd function like entp way. It serves you -exactly me.

I feel inferior if I lose. I tend to be at my finest when I'm accomplishing things.[[ one of ENTP streotype disease, competitive and don't stand losing.

When judging new ideas I just try to see if it makes sense. I don't know how to explain it other than that. If it seems logical then I'll view it favorably. I won't trust it completely until I see the idea tested. [[grasping something quickly,how something works indication of Ne-Ti,Ti-Ne INTP spent their time on theory part and don't much care about testing.Where as ENTP want to its result amd less spent on thinking-- my view if something don't work in practice,i don't care theory part much.so I want to test if sth works. ISTP also very well on grasping but they don't trust their theory side hmm '' let me try hold once'' but ENTP hmm it looks workin in theory but i have to try and see the result aka impact.

twice of your current salary...What you gonna do? accept or reject.
Fuck yeah I'm accepting. No questions about it.
ISTPs are more cautious.They value simplicity,they don't want much to risk to enter new area quickly.In most cases,They want to jump and investigate new things/experinces but they don't. Is it safe,Is it ok .Ti dom users like INTP,ISTP want to think more an more,in social situations,they dont act mostly like sitting duck.

Usually it's the small things like cracking jokes or having a good conversation that opens up your perspective on life.
--New perspective-good conversations,cracking jokes...ENTPish.intangible conversations feeds your Ne.

I like trying out new things and spicing things up. Learning new cultures, visiting new places, and doing new things really-Entpish not ISTP,--- Ti dom -Se ->they a lot like to spent time alone,repairing something,reading new techinal things,using tools mostly make them happy etc. Also ENTP sterotype code is ''The Explorer''. sterotype animal is Fox ''witty''. ISTP far as i know is very honest and direct,their jokes are direct,their lifes are simple (safe and sound) even give them tools without any instruction,they will figure out and use perfectly,like natural talent.

my best conversations are the ones where I can get other people into a complex subject and really have them give me their thoughts on it. I also can shine in these conversations because I can show my perspective in such a way that I gain massive brownie points xD [[Like the complex thing again fit INTP/ENTP style,like Ti-Ne/Ne-Ti + using perspective(Ne provides) on social things result-you gain impact aka Fe. Entp classic. ISTP generally try to avoid conversations or giving one word/one sentence response.. like somebody force them to speak.
I wouldn't say I would EASILY find my way back but I can guarantee you that given enough time I would. I usually find things by landmarks or places of interest that just guide me... [[ISTP-2nd function Se-Their sense of direction is impeccable. You find the way almost like me.

I was known as the kid who would skip or barely pay attention and yet still have one of the top scores in the class. I think people were pretty impressed with that. [[low Se,--How to grasp main things quickly,skipping details and be super via Ne.
Last sentences again reflect-impact-aka Fe.ENTP style]]

Accounting--study for 2 hours before class relax+Perfect result quite INTP/ENTPish.You graps something in theory very quicky.For exp. My friends studied one final exam like 1 month,i swear i just studied like 3 hours then beated them. Why? either they are memorizing or gets tons of details,they don't understand the general theme well, when prof. asked extraordinary questions almost they have no idea.

You can't be Fe user dom/aux .(Harcore Ti user--so either your 1st function or 2nd must be Ne/Se in theory. otherwise it causes personality disorder)

How something works-Ti ,either your perception Ne/Se,it seems your Se is low. You demonstrating a lot Ne-Ti/Ti-Ne users' also perciever sterotypes. With low Se,you can't be-- ESTP,ISTP (x)

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the indepth analysis..

I really can relate with both types.

The thing is it feels as if I break barriers for both. Entp's I hear cannot stand being alone for too long or else they get sick. I on the otherhand go through periods where I don't have any social interaction for weeks. Not only that but there are times where I really am not open or talkative and do just give 1 liners. In reality I am more conservative and for example, the analogy of accepting a new job, I would most likely definitely take it. However, I wouldn't jump at it immediately, I would give some time before making the move. I just feel that in general I am more conservative than ENTP's and I may be similar to them when energized but when I'm not (which is more often than not), I think that in the inside I'm more of an ISTP.

Really altogether, I'm starting to believe that I'm an ISTP that goes out of his way to accomadate others and impress others with my wit. Giving the appearance that I'm an ENTP to those I'm flattering. However, at the end of the day it usually does drain me, and it definitely drains me if I do so without much of a reaction from those around me (it's like wasted effort).

If that makes any sense.

·
Premium Member
6,857 Posts
@Ebunk

I'm an ENTP and I spend a frequent amount of time alone. I think that just depends on how closely you border the I/E territory. I'm pretty centered, so I can work either way. Now I couldn't do a ten month session in a cabin mountain with no people-to-people communication. But a few days won't kill me.

As to being conservative, are you talking politically or habitually? Again, thinking about your options before choosing one isn't a sign you aren't an ENTP, it means you might just be a mature ENTP. Remember, at the end of the day we are the thinking type. Not everything we do has to be impulsive.

Also, the fact that you accomodate others with a sort of "social personality" in order to make communication smooth is another VERY ENTP-ish facet. There are threads somewhere around the ENTP forum that talk about this. A LOT.

Personally, I would vote you an ENTP. The thing that made me pretty sure was the fact that there were sections of the questions you didn't read. Skipping over long passages is a very ENTP quality in my mind. Also, many of your answers has a conversational quality to them, which is how a lot of us talk.

The best thing might be to go to the ISTP and ENTP forums and look at the "You know you're an ENTP when..." and "You know you're an ISTP when..." threads. Those will give you a really good insight into the personalities.

Just remember that no one is the same and we are all varying degrees of a personality type. You don't have to match everything; just look for what most closely coincides with how you behave/think.

Do you happen to know what your enneagram is?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm a 7w8..

I've been browsing the forums of both and really it feels like I'm just mind F'ing myself. I can relate with both but I don't fit snugly into either or.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
okay bit of an update.

I'm almost positive I'm an ESTP with high TI.

I hear that Ti can masquerade as N at times and could explain a lot of my wit.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well I'm coming back to this old old thread.

Just wanted to say thanks to the responders, especially julia and justi. Prolly won't read this but if you do or don't I just wanted to say I've reviewed somethings and I trust your judgement. You gotta trust me on this one, I did not really pay much attention into the detailed explanations to your beliefs as I was looking more for my own answer rather than listening to the support of your answer.

Anyways good stuff. I'm fairly certain I'm ENTP and I just came back here because I left the first time a bit ungrateful for the analysis.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts