Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Main Questions

1. What drives you in life? What do you look for?
I am not sure, I just want to be successful at my art with a stable home and pretty much to be competent on an average scale to my peer group..I look for honesty, trust, and true love

2. What do you hope to accomplish in your life?
I do not know, just to be intelligent and to be a college graduate doing something productive and not a waste of space

3. What do you hope to avoid doing or being? What values are important to you?
I want to avoid being arrogant or anyone's puppet.I believe there is a polite way to do things and mainly that no one should have to consume someone else just to rise to the top.

4. What are your biggest fears (not including phobias)? Why?
I am scared of cats, scared that if I give myself to someone that I will be used and that I will do inappropriate things out of reckless emotions/thoughts. Scared that I am a failure that can no longer improve or grow.

5. How do you want others to see you? How do you see yourself?
I want to be seen as intelligent/decent enough. Worthy to be in a romantic relationship with someone. I see myself as friendly, talkative but, reclusively introverted that can be weird, blunt, somewhat lewd, and overly flirtatious at times with artistic tendencies.

6. What makes you feel your best? What makes you feel your worst?
I feel at my best when I am around someone that loves me for me and not what I look like. I feel at my worst when I am around a bunch of prideful jerks that gets good things when they are cruel people.

7. Describe how you experience each of: a) anger; b) shame; c) anxiety.
A= I do not initially express unless if it is silly anger, built up anger or emotionless anger where I am mad but am speaking it calmly with no feeling. B= I tend to feel disgusted at myself and apologize fervently unless if I know its something so bad that an apology is not good enough.. C= I occasionally get paranoid and believe others are mocking me or in romantic situations, I feel others think I am creepy when I tell them how I feel internally since I take things sensitively... also I feel that I hold the other person back.

8. Describe how you respond to each of: a) stress; b) unexpected change; c) conflict.
A= I either express it through personal ways,write it in poetry or express it indirectly at the source/curse them out sarcastically.. B= I do not like.. and it takes awhile for me to warm up sometimes since I contemplate if it is right or wrong. C= I hate conflict and express my feeling about the person to someone else rather than to them directly unless I seriously do hate them.

9. Describe your orientation to: a) authority; b) power. How do you respond to these?
A= I listen to authority, but I do not want to be controlled by force but out of autonomy after I though about it. B= I am a weakling and I want to be dominated by someone loyal and protective with good and proper morals.

10. What is your overall outlook on life and humanity?
I feel oppression will never vanish since we all have opposing views and that what makes us normal is that we are different.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts

1. What drives you in life? What do you look for?
I am not sure, I just want to be successful at my art with a stable home and pretty much to be competent on an average scale to my peer group..I look for honesty, trust, and true love

2. What do you hope to accomplish in your life?
I do not know, just to be intelligent and to be a college graduate doing something productive and not a waste of space
Image Triad as firts

3. What do you hope to avoid doing or being? What values are important to you?
I want to avoid being arrogant or anyone's puppet.I believe there is a polite way to do things and mainly that no one should have to consume someone else just to rise to the top.
9w1

4. What are your biggest fears (not including phobias)? Why?
I am scared of cats, scared that if I give myself to someone that I will be used and that I will do inappropriate things out of reckless emotions/thoughts. Scared that I am a failure that can no longer improve or grow.
Super Ego strive for 2w1

5. How do you want others to see you? How do you see yourself?
I want to be seen as intelligent/decent enough. Worthy to be in a romantic relationship with someone. I see myself as friendly, talkative but, reclusively introverted that can be weird, blunt, somewhat lewd, and overly flirtatious at times with artistic tendencies.
2w1
6. What makes you feel your best? What makes you feel your worst?
I feel at my best when I am around someone that loves me for me and not what I look like. I feel at my worst when I am around a bunch of prideful jerks that gets good things when they are cruel people.
2w1-9w1-6w7
7. Describe how you experience each of: a) anger; b) shame; c) anxiety.
A= I do not initially express unless if it is silly anger, built up anger or emotionless anger where I am mad but am speaking it calmly with no feeling.
9w1!!!!!!
B= I tend to feel disgusted at myself and apologize fervently unless if I know its something so bad that an apology is not good enough.. C= I occasionally get paranoid and believe others are mocking me or in romantic situations, I feel others think I am creepy when I tell them how I feel internally since I take things sensitively... also I feel that I hold the other person back.
6w7
8. Describe how you respond to each of: a) stress; b) unexpected change; c) conflict.
A= I either express it through personal ways,write it in poetry or express it indirectly at the source/curse them out sarcastically..
E6

B= I do not like.. and it takes awhile for me to warm up sometimes since I contemplate if it is right or wrong.
the w1 is over 9000!!!!

C= I hate conflict and express my feeling about the person to someone else rather than to them directly unless I seriously do hate them.
Be aggresive.....passive-agresive, 2w1-9w1

9. Describe your orientation to: a) authority; b) power. How do you respond to these?
A= I listen to authority, but I do not want to be controlled by force but out of autonomy after I though about it. B= I am a weakling and I want to be dominated by someone loyal and protective with good and proper morals.
Not 5-7-8-3-4.........SOOO 2w1

10. What is your overall outlook on life and humanity?
I feel oppression will never vanish since we all have opposing views and that what makes us normal is that we are different.
9w1

Final Diagnostic 2w1-9w1-6w7 so/sp

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
although the wing of a 7 I am skeptical about, I really appreciate your help. Thank you. I am surprised about you speed... But in detail, how would you put into words?

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
although the wing of a 7 I am skeptical about

2w1: Twos take pride in being strong enough to take care of themselves and not need help in addition to being strong enough to assist others who do need help. Twos are image types and maintaining a sense of dignity is central to the considerate of others persona they've cultivated. They don't need to "collect" for the good they have done for others. They take pride in not being a burden on others and don't like admitting they have problems to fix and needs to be met. They prefer to deal with their issues themselves as people depend on them not the other way around. It is others that need help and not the two.

9w1s: are high-minded types who idealize peace, harmony, healing, and union with others. They mainly fear being seperated from loved ones and on some level they feel like they don't matter as a distinctly seperate person. "United we stand divided we fall" resonates with them because on a deeper level seperation is equivalent to annihilation. They dream about formlessness as the perfect reality, where one is freed from struggles of the ego and anything else that detracts from fluidity. They feel drawn to being connected with the vastness and beauty of nature and are attracted to things like large bodies of water and celestial entities in the sky

6w7: want everything around them to fit nicely with their constructed safe reality. They want to be happy and content in addition to finding something strong and stable. They externalize their ambivalence and exhibit more contradictory behavior than 6w5s. They trust either too little or too much, rarely just right. When they find safety they mistrust it as too good to be true and give off mixed signals which in turn makes others uneasy with their unpredictability. Their contradictory traits and hamster-wheeling stem from doubt of themselves which drives their need for loyalty. They have push-pull tendencies from both not wanting to feel dependent on others and also not wanting to alienate them. They want to be independent with a safety net.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Instincts - You are talking about true love and intimacy a lot, so I think you are an sx first.

Heart fix - You are talking about image related stuff a lot - how you are perceived and how you want to be perceived and how you are afraid to be perceived. I think your heart fix is your main fix, and I think your whole post screams E4 (self-expression, being true to yourself, etc).There isn't any E3- "I can do anything and I'll be awesome"-traits there, but a lot of E4 - "i might be a fuck-up, but I'll try and succeed, even if it'll be hard, but I'm strongly myself at least"-traits there. E2? Doubt it. You are not talking about "helping others to be liked" (E2), but about "not screwing up to be accepted" (E4). I think you have a 5-wing, as you seem to want to be seen as "not flawed but intellectual" (4w5) rather than "not flawed but capable" (4w3). Those are my interpretations rather than theory, but I go with 4w5 for you. Also since you seem to be so introverted.

Head fix - hard. Your post seems like an E4 parade, so there isn't a lot of information about how you deal with your anxieties. I see 5 traits (analyzing and understanding the problem), but I wonder if that's just your wing to the main type. You seem idealistic enough to be an E7-type, wanting fun and escape from hard times, and you seem to want stability and safety in an E6 way. I would need more info to figure out your head fix, but MAYBE E6, since there were more E6 traits in your text than E7 traits.

Gut fix - You don't seem to fight for your boundaries (no anti-authority traits in your post-(E8)), and you don't seem to let others push you around (you talk about not wanting to be used (E9)). However, you do seem to have some thoughts about how you want people to behave, in an idealistic way (1w9). I am guessing you have a 1w9 gut fix, but it's not a strong guess. You seem withdrawn enough to have a 9w1 fix.

So 4w5 - (1w9?) - (6w5?) - sx/sp

·
Registered
535 Posts
Six.You're concerned about your relationship with others a lot and mostly seek a stable and secure position in life. I'd be quite surprised if you'd be anything than a six.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Instincts - You are talking about true love and intimacy a lot, so I think you are an sx first. Heart fix - You are talking about image related stuff a lot - how you are perceived and how you want to be perceived and how you are afraid to be perceived. I think your heart fix is your main fix, and I think your whole post screams E4 (self-expression, being true to yourself, etc).There isn't any E3- "I can do anything and I'll be awesome"-traits there, but a lot of E4 - "i might be a fuck-up, but I'll try and succeed, even if it'll be hard, but I'm strongly myself at least"-traits there. E2? Doubt it. You are not talking about "helping others to be liked" (E2), but about "not screwing up to be accepted" (E4). I think you have a 5-wing, as you seem to want to be seen as "not flawed but intellectual" (4w5) rather than "not flawed but capable" (4w3). Those are my interpretations rather than theory, but I go with 4w5 for you. Also since you seem to be so introverted. Head fix - hard. Your post seems like an E4 parade, so there isn't a lot of information about how you deal with your anxieties. I see 5 traits (analyzing and understanding the problem), but I wonder if that's just your wing to the main type. You seem idealistic enough to be an E7-type, wanting fun and escape from hard times, and you seem to want stability and safety in an E6 way. I would need more info to figure out your head fix, but MAYBE E6, since there were more E6 traits in your text than E7 traits. Gut fix - You don't seem to fight for your boundaries (no anti-authority traits in your post-(E8)), and you don't seem to let others push you around (you talk about not wanting to be used (E9)). However, you do seem to have some thoughts about how you want people to behave, in an idealistic way (1w9). I am guessing you have a 1w9 gut fix, but it's not a strong guess. You seem withdrawn enough to have a 9w1 fix.So 4w5 - (1w9?) - (6w5?) - sx/sp
Well Anxiety wise, in detail, I tend to hide behind other people that I can trust when I face a fear like abuse or bullying. Not in a cowardly way because there are A LOT of times I get so anger at how pathetically scared at times where I slowly [with either someone else or gradually condition or both] to overcome obstacles. I kind of have PTS, where I easily get traumatized and scared to do certain things that either hurt me or had an emotional impact on me that I cant forgive easily or really forget since I know if I go back to a certain thing I know something bad will happen but I would personally prefer if someone would be patient with my insecurites and help me walk through them. I am sorry if I seem weak and pathetic

·
Registered
50 Posts
Well Anxiety wise, in detail, I tend to hide behind other people that I can trust when I face a fear like abuse or bullying. Not in a cowardly way because there are A LOT of times I get so anger at how pathetically scared at times where I slowly [with either someone else or gradually condition or both] to overcome obstacles. I kind of have PTS, where I easily get traumatized and scared to do certain things that either hurt me or had an emotional impact on me that I cant forgive easily or really forget since I know if I go back to a certain thing I know something bad will happen but I would personally prefer if someone would be patient with my insecurites and help me walk through them. I am sorry if I seem weak and pathetic
You don't hurt me by being how you are, so no need to say sorry to me. Other than that, what you describe isn't so relevant for the enneagram. Here is why: The head center has to do with anxiety about the future, and it's about things that are less conscious than what you described. Humans all are afraid of death, and of not having what we need, to survive in the future, etc.. The head types have this fear at their base, and deal with it through thinking - they try to anticipate the future, and tend to think a lot - meaning they end up in fear a lot. To figure out your head fix, you should look at how you deal with your anxiety about the future. How do you think and act to make sure you are safe in the future?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oops In that case, I prefer to think about and analyze it so much, waiting to be pushed towards it, that I slowly do something about it. I desire to improve for the better but do not know what to do. I suppose sometimes I give up out of fear that I will not improve... That or procrastinate under pressure and know I need to do better, but contemplate what should I do and if I will be truly helped if that makes a tint more sense? I am not meaning to seem sarcastic by the way.

·
MOTM Dec 2011
8,651 Posts
I think you should look more into 9w1 or 6w7. I lean towards 9w1 for you though. You seem to deal with things by going numb. You have a "that's just how it is" philosophy you seem to use to diffuse anger over life. I might also interpret what sounds like security seeking in a relationship to be a desire to merge with someone so as to feel seen & at peace, something 9s want. Some of what you seek in a partner sounds like it's coming from your 1 wing - a focus on morality & such. Frankly, I hear a lot of passive-aggressiveness in here too. I find 6s swing beween passive or aggressive (or tend towards one), less so the combination at once.

There are some major indicators of anxiety, but that's also a human emotion all experience.

I think you need to come to the final conclusion yourself. Keep reading & be honest with yourself. This is just my feedback ;).

Reactions: Entropic

·
Registered
50 Posts
Oops In that case, I prefer to think about and analyze it so much, waiting to be pushed towards it, that I slowly do something about it. I desire to improve for the better but do not know what to do. I suppose sometimes I give up out of fear that I will not improve... That or procrastinate under pressure and know I need to do better, but contemplate what should I do and if I will be truly helped if that makes a tint more sense? I am not meaning to seem sarcastic by the way.
E5s will often save up resources for "later". Money under the matress, Energy for later, just in case. etc. They also tend to think they can "figure it all out", and analyze everything to see what the right answer is, so they can attack future problems "the right way". E6s will often try to make sure they are safe by stabilizing their lives. House, family, job. Whatever happens, they'll try to be ready for it. They try to protect themselves against things that might happen, by having their life situation as secure as possible. E7s deal with their fear of future trouble by focusing on the positive aspects of the here and now, and avoiding the negative aspects of life. They seem to think that since there are a lot of negative things in life, spend life on focusing on the positives.

What you wrote above seemed to fit E5 the most, but that could be cause of your wing or since you are introverted, so try and see past your introversion when you evaluate.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hmm Thank you. I am probably going to say either a six or a four

1. Although I am somewhat idealistic, I am not really that strict unless I care for someone
2. I am caring but I do not need to help someone in order to feel loved and I am very skeptical of who I help so I will not be manipulated
3. I am kind of against being overly ambitious to the extension its arrogance trying to step on others to get to the top
4. Oddly, I am typically called weird and artsy. I kind of am emotional wanting to understand pain but I still feel like what connects us is pain.
5. I wanted to be intelligent so people will not mock or assume I am stupid, but I am honestly not that smart and I am a tint lazy. But I do try to write notes so I will remember what I learned
6. Maybe I am a tint paranoid and shy, but I tend to be loyal to people I trust or proved that they care about me to the degree
I seemed to get sometimes used and I feel ambivalent about trusting them. I also contempt others deceiving my knowledge or emotions to test my loyalty or anything since those thing are personal. I can also be paranoid a tint?
7. I am a very talkative and silly at times with the tendency of being laid back listening to music. I actually act like this when I am joking but I am more sarcastic as well as preferring to talk to someone I like and or can relate to. Not just anyone since it makes me feel strange but not in a bad way? I am also against having fun in order to avoid pain or truth I believe you cannot live acting as if everything is good when it isn't but I do have a weak stomach for graphic, bloody, or intensely dark material.
8. I tend to be scared of aggressive people and behave more passive-aggressive. Being honest about my opinions without trying to be offensive. Sometimes I have been accused of being blunt about my views even though I am only seriously angry when I have been pushed too far and most of my anger is just being serious in a unemotional way.
9. I do act very calm and like a mediator at times and I try to avoid conflict. I am also lazy and really do not like to get into any fights or debates that is aggressive and would prefer to just talk it out calmly unless I see it as unnecessary, pointless, ridiculous or offensive towards the people I care about.

I apologize for being annoying and I really do appreciate the help sincerely.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think you should look more into 9w1 or 6w7. I lean towards 9w1 for you though. You seem to deal with things by going numb. You have a "that's just how it is" philosophy you seem to use to diffuse anger over life. I might also interpret what sounds like security seeking in a relationship to be a desire to merge with someone so as to feel seen & at peace, something 9s want. Some of what you seek in a partner sounds like it's coming from your 1 wing - a focus on morality & such. Frankly, I hear a lot of passive-aggressiveness in here too. I find 6s swing beween passive or aggressive (or tend towards one), less so the combination at once.There are some major indicators of anxiety, but that's also a human emotion all experience.I think you need to come to the final conclusion yourself. Keep reading & be honest with yourself. This is just my feedback ;).
Please excuse me, but I just got "the wisdom of the enneagram" and on the test for Type 4, it is highly relatable. Although not to mock you, but because you are a 4 and based on the number of your post which shows to me you are experienced although I do not know and I am not meaning to be rude but based on my comment, could you see any 4 traits. I know my instinctual variable would be a sx and sorry for being somewhat annoying and self obsessed... But if im not a 4, the 6 then is for sure

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Please excuse me, but I just got "the wisdom of the enneagram" and on the test for Type 4, it is highly relatable. Although not to mock you, but because you are a 4 and based on the number of your post which shows to me you are experienced although I do not know and I am not meaning to be rude but based on my comment, could you see any 4 traits. I know my instinctual variable would be a sx and sorry for being somewhat annoying and self obsessed... But if im not a 4, the 6 then is for sure

This entire paragraph is blantantly 6/9ish to me... this is just my opinion, of course, but I can't see a 4 responding in this fashion... not to say that it isn't possible, it's just what I see. Let me know if you've made any more headway in your self-discovery. :)

·
MOTM Dec 2011
8,651 Posts
No, I really don't see 4.... but it's common for 6s & 9s to mistype as 4. You still strike me as 9ish.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I understand what you mean, thank you although I kind of just think its odd that I easily mistype as a 4 in a way...but oh well... I will just guess with a 6w5 since a lot of people claim I am a 6 and just knowing me... 7 I do not agree with at all but 5 I do relate to... If I have a tri type, gut wise 9w1 heart wise I really do not know....... but oh well once again. Thank yoi although I hope my questions are not really annoying...

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I am sorry but never mind about the heart fix.. I believe that it would be a 4w5 or really any combination but a 3 possibly...

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Um please excuse me but... did you change your post by any chance because an email that was sent to notify me that you posted on a thread that either I started or associated with said something different than your current post. I do not mean to offend in anyway possible...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts