Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have difficulty finding anything in common with many people and often times I am relegated to the sidelines and groups shun me and do not fit in with the masses or the majority of people on average. If I were to be honest, I have to keep the majority of thoughts to myself and everythig like or find interesting.

I tried to figure out what it is, most people just talk about things in a completely objective way. Even if it is a movie they cannot they what they liked about it, they just repeat facts about the movie, and i don't see that point of that.

Then they talk about what they do, but only practical every day things, but with lots of gusto and enthusiasm. I notice you have to smile and act really really happy, you smile talk loudly and talk about practical things and that is it.

I was talking to this one woman that i liked about the movie we saw Thor Ragnorak, and I was trying to just talkmabout anything related to it and she kept getting mad at me, and trying to move her hand around my face to shock me or cutting me off or just getting really upset like wtf.

If this is political correctness, it is not far removed from mart codes on your forehead and only dolts can handle this.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
7,995 Posts
I’m not sure what you mean when asking about political correctness in this situation, but I think I would have asked for clarity from this girl talking about Thor. So what do you think she was doing? Or was she trying to get your attention to bring up her own point? What do you think? But you won’t know unless you ask. And I find people are surprising. If I’m getting my feelings hurt by something and ASK, well then things are rarely what I feared they were. Life gets better! By leaps and bounds.

·
Banned
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’m not sure what you mean when asking about political correctness in this situation, but I think I would have asked for clarity from this girl talking about Thor. So what do you think she was doing? Or was she trying to get your attention to bring up her own point? What do you think? But you won’t know unless you ask. And I find people are surprising. If I’m getting my feelings hurt by something and ASK, well then things are rarely what I feared they were. Life gets better! By leaps and bounds.
No, I encounter people doing this to me al the time, I cannot help but think it is against free speech altogether like "how dare you even think or question things" and more and more slowly over the years I have seen this happen, and wherein now most conversations or idle chit chat is centered around how well fundementally you obey.

And then when I hear people talking at all, if they are not reminding you how bad thinking is and how you should "live in the present" they only talk about mundane facts, even in subjects thay are subjective wtf?
Ugh.

So there is an ever dwindling space of what one ca talk about, and yet, who, where and how is this decided?

Because this is communist and thus it's being encorced democratically by the rich through means of bullying or even force? Yeeah totally makes sense, just so totally equal, progessive and liberal.

"WAmP!"

That is the sound of a bar code being stamped on your forehead.

5,146 Posts
I tried to figure out what it is, most people just talk about things in a completely objective way. Even if it is a movie they cannot they what they liked about it, they just repeat facts about the movie, and i don't see that point of that.

Then they talk about what they do, but only practical every day things, but with lots of gusto and enthusiasm. I notice you have to smile and act really really happy, you smile talk loudly and talk about practical things and that is it.
Sounds like hell on earth. Perhaps you're surrounded by people with low to average IQ?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Pracitcal people talk about practical stuff. Maybe you spend more time in your head on analyzing things and they spend more time in the present experiencing things. Theres nothing wrong with either one of that.
You can either b**** about other people and why they don't behave the way you do, or you can start putting your energy into finding people you have more in common with. I would recommend the second alternative. Makes you more happy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts