Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The ESTJ is often stereotyped as straight-laced, by the book, the "cop" personality, etc. It sort of gives off the impression that ESTJs don't have very "alternative" interests (artsy stuff, spirituality, counterculture, subjective pseudosciences, etc.).

However, in my experience, a lot of the ESTJs I know are actually very, very into that kind of stuff. I've also noticed that their parents are often really into that kind of stuff, too, so it's possible that they see merit in the unconventional because they were raised with it. Regardless, everyone's different.

What are some of your unconventional/alternative interests and hobbies?

·
Registered
351 Posts
My ESTJ friend is interested in music and theatrical makeup. He's also interested somewhat in the Gothic subculture and enjoys Gothic imagery and music (something we both have in common). He's pretty unusual for his type. He has a certain amount of spontaneity that shows up every now and then, and I've known him to give credence to certain supernatural/irrational ideas like zombies and ghosts.

·
MOTM July 2010
4,596 Posts
People who knows me IRL usually call me weird, crazy, or psycho. I had:

- a 40-something INTP female (my ex-colleague) who called me the most weird person she ever know;
- an INTJ ex-boyfriend who told me that I'm a "wild card of the bunch";
- an ISFP friend who call me "an unpredictable introvert extrovert";
- an ENFP sister who will introduce me as "my crazy sister" to everyone she knows; and
- a group of boys from middle-school who called me "alien".

Every friend/colleague/client that has not seen me for awhile will say the same thing to me when they see me: "I miss your craziness".

Not sure why. I personally think I'm pretty normal.

Reactions: unINFalliPle
1 - 3 of 3 Posts