Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do type fives react when are under stress and became unhealthy sevens? how how how, because if the five when its pressure search isolation but became a seven (in someway) it would not push them to search people and activities to calm their behaviour? instead of isolate?

Well yeah, and how are you guys when are broken hearted, search something to distract yourselves, think alot about the issue and became more mad with it?, believe that not only the issue, but the entire world is shit?

Im very interested because i could be a five on an unhealthy state.:crying:

Reactions: Curiously

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
How do type fives react when are under stress and became unhealthy sevens? how how how, because if the five when its pressure search isolation but became a seven (in someway) it would not push them to search people and activities to calm their behaviour? instead of isolate?

Well yeah, and how are you guys when are broken hearted, search something to distract yourselves, think alot about the issue and became more mad with it?, believe that not only the issue, but the entire world is shit?

Im very interested because i could be a five on an unhealthy state.:crying:
5's usually want to cope by retreating into themselves, so when that coping mechanism fails, they tend to go to 7 by throwing themselves impulsively into different activities or interests. When I disintegrate I get incredibly anxious but it comes out in a lot of random doing - I get really restless, I feel like my body needs to be constantly moving, I have a really short fuse and get annoyed easily, and I just try to distract myself constantly from the anxious feelings. But it's totally unsatisfying - I try to find something I can connect to but nothing ever clicks and I just have a sense of "trying to escape" my own feelings. I'm not pleasant to be around in this state - I have little patience and am already frustrated because I feel I have no control over where my thoughts go.

The 5 going to 7 doesn't push to search out people or groups necessarily, but many different scattered activities to try and calm the behaviour - but often in this state nothing will stick, the interests are dissatisfying and the real issue isn't getting any attention because the 5 might be unconsciously trying to avoid it. The further descended a 5 becomes, the more they might think they can solve their problems on their own by logically thinking things through - but this usually only further isolates and can lead down a very depressive and anxious road. As a security point they'll also go to average 8, becoming more aggressive and defiant than typical, pushing and defending boundaries, and can easily lose their tempers.

Five goes to 8 and integrates when they feel healthy, strong, confident, and are using the instinctual energy of the body in the present moment, instead of detaching and "thinking through" things mentally. As they more fully integrate that powerful 8 instinctual energy will start to be present in most or all aspects of the 5's (often compartmentalized) life.

A descended 7 however, will go to 1 and try and focus their energies to accomplish things. Their anxiety becomes more obvious as they either become increasingly restless or perhaps more rigid and they may be more serious than typical. Their patience is usually much shorter and there can be a tendency to want to educate others about their viewpoints. They can become very critical (both of themselves and others), scolding, and sarcastic. They impulsively will try to escape their growing anxiety.

But a 7 with integrate to healthy 5, so their minds will quiet and the environment will affect them more deeply. Rather than jumping from one activity or stimulation to another, they become more focused, and are able to stay with the present experience. They become less concerned with "missing out" and have an instinctual "knowing".

But 7 will also go to average 5 as a security/stress point. At that level, the 7 may get lost in their thoughts, attempt to emotionally detach, and become anxious about coping with needs, both others and their own. They can withdraw and become compartmentalized or get lost in projects to distract themselves.

In your example of being broken hearted, I try to distract with a lot of doing. I really relate to descending to 7 and becoming very scattered, anxious, and feeling like I'm searching for something. I will try and ignore my anxieties but they tend to come out aggressively with other people. I have a short fuse and my patience for others is thin, at best. When I learn to accept that in this moment, I am physically feeling anxious then I'll meditate and focus on the anxious feelings rolling through me. Just letting them happen and accepting it allows me to stay present and in my physical body.

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
Under stress I go into hibernation mode. I need to get away from everything and everyone and just be alone. I've noticed when I get really unhealthy and disintegrate into a Type 7, and well, I don't like it because my energy is so scattered, I appear to have overflowing ADD, my body wants to do three things at once while my mind is thinking 10 things. As such, I need to withdraw/hibernate for a few days, gain a sense of equilibrium and be still. I balance this need to get away by making sure I reach out to my family or close friends or respond to them in a timely fashion if they reach out to me. I think it's very important for Types 5 to have a balance between having alone/private time and still interacting with the world.
When I've had to nurse a pained heart, I've found again that balance is very important. I'll seek and need time alone to work through the hows and whys of the relationship, get to a point of understanding it as much as I can, and work towards healing by moving on while learning lessons that I hope will enable me to make less mistakes in future relationships.

·
Registered
663 Posts
When I am under stress, I pull away from the world to work on the issue that I am stressing about. I am like a sponge that can absorb all the negativity that affects other people but I have problems letting others helps me. Part of that is because I don't want to affect them with my negative energy. I usually manage to rebound very quickly because I most of the times know what is affecting me, making it easier to deal with it. I also have found that the better way to cheering up oneself is to cheering up other people. There will be another human being that always have it worst than you, by helping them with their problems you realized that yours aren't that bad and if you could help this person resolve what was stressing them, you definitely can do something about your own problem.

Meditation and positive visualization also helps. Talking with someone about what is affecting me also helps( when I decided to share it,rare :p). I also remember that everything will past, that tomorrow will be a better day and try to learn what the pain is trying to teach me, by embracing and accepting it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts