Personality Cafe banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
ESFJ
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
NOTE: I am trying to confirm myself to be analytical INFP by this thread.

~~~

The main aspect of INTP is stripping away everything that is not essential to a subject so they can reach the core of the subject, the underlying structure of it.

Well, I do that all the time and I am sometimes even possessed by it: when I get a clue on underlying structure of something, I can't stop thinking until I get it right.

However, once I get it right and structurally write it somewhere, my brain finally lets me to live again, but in order to do that, I had to recover from a tremendous drain getting it right caused me.

On the other hand, the only reason I am actually searching for an underlying structure of things is to find something that will organize my emotions and feelings, so I can channel them by an universal system.

Well, I am trying to create a system that can be imagined as series of pipes through which my emotions and feelings are flowing and if I organize the pipes just right I can turn emotions and feelings into something useful and manipulable.

However, all I really want is to finally complete that system, that series of pipes for channeling my emotions and feelings, so I can just use it and stop draining myself by working on the system.

So, considering my tendency to search for underlying structure of things, it would be that I am INTP, but I still think that I am INFP since I only accept something that is of use to me, opposite of Ti.

Well, I will take psychology and remove everything I don't like from it and create my own psychology. That's why I am making the system for organizing feelings and emotions, since original psychology thought that it is not possible to manipulate them into serving you.

·
Registered
961 Posts
I think 'original psychology' is right. You can't really control your emotions. All you can do is attempt to hide the physical effects your emotions have on your body, which isn't really manipulating them, more telling a somatic lie.

·
Registered
ESFJ
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think 'original psychology' is right. You can't really control your emotions. All you can do is attempt to hide the physical effects your emotions have on your body, which isn't really manipulating them, more telling a somatic lie.
You have just confirmed what I have wanted, I truly am INFP; I do not want to accept not being able to control my emotions and feelings even if all evidences points to it.

Well, mentioned aspect of 'original psychology' limits me and I simply create a 'new psychology', a new reality where I can control my emotions and feelings; I don't care if I am living an illusion if that illusion works for me.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
I am confused..... sounds interesting though. INTPs have emotions, and they want to channel it. Even though this isn't always possible. But sometimes it is. I think if you dig far enough (and this may be controversial), seeing as every human being has "principles" that one way or the other involves feelings, every INTP has an inner and silent (mostly silent) INFP. I think relying on the these internal value judgements to navigate on a regular basis is Fi typical. So I suppose in theory, if all of these "pipes" aligned in a "logical" manner, for all intensive purposes you would have created an emotion chip that mimicks T. Only, I don't think it would be very adaptable, and easy to account for in every situation.

·
Banned
16,000 Posts
The main aspect of INTP is stripping away everything that is not essential to a subject so they can reach the core of the subject, the underlying structure of it.
That is Ni. It could be Ti, but with Se. Ne is more meandering. It gets to the bottom of things, but it explores more.

Ni and Ti are the most focused functions. Simplify, simplify. Just crush everything into one big ball.

Ne is divergent. Ni is convergent.

Line

·
Registered
ESFJ
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I am confused..... sounds interesting though. INTPs have emotions, and they want to channel it. Even though this isn't always possible. But sometimes it is. I think if you dig far enough (and this may be controversial), seeing as every human being has "principles" that one way or the other involves feelings, every INTP has an inner and silent (mostly silent) INFP. I think relying on the these internal value judgements to navigate on a regular basis is Fi typical. So I suppose in theory, if all of these "pipes" aligned in a "logical" manner, for all intensive purposes you would have created an emotion chip that mimicks T. Only, I don't think it would be very adaptable, and easy to account for in every situation.
I was always using my emotions and feelings to make decisions.

Well, although common sense says me that if I have to learn a whole bunch of lectures for tomorrow exam and I am perfectly rested to do it, I will wait for a tendency to do it.

So, in most cases I went to listen some music, end up being so much tired to not be able to do anything, still no tendency to do it. Decided to set an alarm clock to ring every hour form 4 AM to 8 AM, so I am sure that I will wake up.

Wake up at 4 AM, sees that I still don't feel tendency to do it. Continue to be in bed and ended up getting out of it on 6 AM alarm clock. Now, in an absolute hurry I start preparing everything for learning.

However, I still wait for inner tendency to start, so I check some emails or listen some music till that tendency doesn't come. Tendency eventually comes and I finally start learning and accomplish miracles.

I usually get B and A marks.

·
Registered
ESFJ
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That is Ni. It could be Ti, but with Se. Ne is more meandering. It gets to the bottom of things, but it explores more.

Ni and Ti are the most focused functions. Simplify, simplify. Just crush everything into one big ball.

Ne is divergent. Ni is convergent.

View attachment 329474
So, if I think that every entity (something that exists) can be seen as [subject, non-physical, decision making part] + [object, physical, decision performing part] is Ni, not Ne?

More, above would mean that a rock can make decisions, but although I can't prove it, seeing everything as having decision making capabilities works for me; so be it. Also, it is essential for my pipes system to work. This version is outdated, but you can still read it, to get the concept.

By the way, can your provide images like that for all cognitive functions? More, I have learned about INTP from this video, but it seems that he hasn't explained it right, since some parts of it fits more to ISTP:

·
Banned
16,000 Posts
So, if I think that every entity (something that exists) can be seen as [subject, non-physical, decision making part] + [object, physical, decision performing part] is Ni, not Ne?

More, above would mean that a rock can make decisions, but although I can't prove it, seeing everything as having decision making capabilities works for me; so be it. Also, it is essential for my pipes system to work. This version is outdated, but you can still read it, to get the concept.

By the way, can your provide images like that for all cognitive functions? More, I have learned about INTP from this video, but it seems that he hasn't explained it right, since some parts of it fits more to ISTP:
Ni is basically Hegelian philosophy.

Thesis + antithesis = synthesis.

Reason, and rational functions divide. That is what Jung means by rational. Reason accepts the ratio. It puts a slash between things. True/false, good/bad, etc. It creates dichotomy. Imagine a circle. It is totality. It is unity. It is all encompassing. Somebody draws a line through it, and says this part is X, this part is Y, X and Y cannot be the same thing. So now the circle is a contradiction. It is two irreconcilable things. Irrational does not accept the ratio, it makes the pieces fit. They have to fit. It unites the two into a "higher third". The original whole before reason divided it. Ni removes all lines, all distinctions. Merges the many into the one.

The most concise description of Ni is from a Tool song, "I know the pieces fit 'cause I watched them fall away."

And Plato:

It is impossible to conceive of many without one.

Just as things in a picture, when viewed from a distance, appear to be all in one and the same condition and alike.

But if with your mind's eye you regard the absolute great and these many great things in the same way, will not another great appear beyond, by which all these must appear to be great?

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Well, I will take psychology and remove everything I don't like from it and create my own psychology. That's why I am making the system for organizing feelings and emotions, since original psychology thought that it is not possible to manipulate them into serving you.
Psychology really only serves to examine our brains and say "hey, this is what's happening". So you aren't recreating psychology by definition, you are just creating your own psychological framework or theory.

So are you saying that currently, your emotions are incomprehensible to you and draining you of energy?

·
Registered
ESFJ
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Psychology really only serves to examine our brains and say "hey, this is what's happening". So you aren't recreating psychology by definition, you are just creating your own psychological framework or theory.

So are you saying that currently, your emotions are incomprehensible to you and draining you of energy?
Yes, I am actually "creating my own psychological framework or theory".

About the second thing, I have never mentioned emotions to be cause of my drain.

I have told that "searching for underlying structure of things drains me" and "completing the system" drains me, but "using already complete system" doesn't drain me.

Using the system enriches my life, it organizes my emotions so I can go through life with Fi, which actually works, since I am getting good results, like explained in my reply to jeremusic2 (post #6).

~~~

jeremusic2, you have wondered how those pipes will work. you can read and outdated version of the system here, I can't release a new version yet, since there is still a lot of things to do. However, the actual concept will not be very different in a new version.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts