Personality Cafe banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
There seems to be a category of humor that can only be appreciated through the lense of Ne. I say this becuase when I show certain videos that I find outrageously funny to my NP friends they join me in rambucious laughter, but when I show it to the rest of the world I only get polite laughs, looks of confusion, or judgement ("you are so stupid, how can you find this funny?") I swear if I didnt have such frequent contact with other NP's I might have concluded that I am an imbecile. Fortunately this is not the case :tongue: Here are some examples of what I mean:

Exhibit A:

Exhibit B:

Exhibit C:

I hope you post your own videos!

·
Registered
6,397 Posts
I agree that our humour is awesome, but I don't think it's underrated. I think Ne is the best function for comedy, because it's the most random and quirky. Aren't most comedians Ne-doms?

I agree that there are NP inisde jokes, though. Having Ne means you pick up on all these weird patterns in the environment, but since it's intuitive those patterns will be amorphous and invisible and hard to explain to anyone who doesn't see them. Even hard to explain to ourselves...

Maybe it's like slapstick to SP's? I could never understand the appeal of that...

And everyone knows J's don't have a sense of hunour!:tongue: (jks jks)

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Edit: ...You used html, didn't you? *slaps self for not being observant* Oh well, it happens to the best of us.

Classic.
:crazy: This one always gets me. I watched the second one as well I AM THE BANANA KING! I make the impersonation when I chance upon somebody named Charlie. Really what a funny name... Charlie bit my finger! :tongue:
^The only thing I found funny about that one was that it was set to the theme song for Mr. Roger's Neighborhood. :tongue:

YouTube - YGOTAS - The Vagina Monologues

Never saw much of YGOAS, but I dare you not to laugh at least once.
I am surprised at how many laughs I got out of that one; I thought my maturity level was above it but I guess I was wrong :crazy:

·
Banned
5,240 Posts
:crazy: This one always gets me. I watched the second one as well I AM THE BANANA KING! I make the impersonation when I chance upon somebody named Charlie. Really what a funny name... Charlie bit my finger! :tongue:

I am surprised at how many laughs I got out of that one; I thought my maturity level was above it but I guess I was wrong :crazy:
I first saw Charlie the Unicorn when one of my high school science teachers showed it in class. Reactions were quite mixed, to say the least. I felt weird for actually liking it. :crazy:

"I kidnapped your vagina Yugi." :laughing:

Reactions to your videos:

Giraffes!: I remember seeing that on SNL once. Random as hell.
Bro Rape: I cringed during fake rape scenes. Other than that, pretty good. The dildos got me every time. :laughing:
Powerthirst: WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS YOU GET A NEW GOD!!! POWERTHIRST GODBERRY!!! :crazy:

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry for double-posting, but I found this during a random Google search pertaining the origin of the "This is Sparta!" meme. I couldn't resist posting it. :laughing:

YouTube - Black20 Trailer Park: 300 - PG Version
Brush your Teeth! :laughing:
I tend to correlate NP humor with this guy. Fast talking, animated and random

YouTube - ENTP

Crossing borders of society's accepted norms is more of the -NTJ humor zone imo.
That guy is hysterical. That is probably his least humorous video, though.
I agree with you, on both your claims of NP and NTJ humor. Also I have noticed from interaction with ENTJs and, on a lesser degree INTJs, that NTJ humor seems to be concerned with the stupidity of other people. I can take the jabs and give them right back, but most people are intimidated. Probably a good screening process, if you want to decern the strong from the week.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Listen to Us

We like to talk when it is the spur of the moment

When anything and everything that could be said is SPOKEN

Where every syllable that doesn't aid in writing a harmonious sonnet arrives past our tongue, just barely slapping back our front teeth, just jerking to get out into the world, our words are impatient

But as soon as a stranger arrives, we shut down

A new topic frightens us but it just gives us goosebumps,

BY THE WAY, goosebumps are NF's currency if you didn't know this...WRITE IT DOWN

p.s. We don't like to admit the above stated comment, only reason being, we like to be seen as the insane broodying type ,

Shhhhs you know you agree with me, say it SAY IT SSAAAY IT...I AM AWESOME

·
Banned
5,240 Posts
^I imagine that would be funnier to me if I had actually played WoW. Is Onyxia a really hard boss or something? Or is it just difficult to get a lot of dkp from it? (Google ftw! ;D)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts