Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Excuse me for setting up camp in INFP territory, but I am more interested in how INFPs see INFJs and what better place to do that than in their own back yard? :kitteh:

Here's what the thread is all about. Post a song that you feel best describes the INFP personality and one that you feel best describes the INFJ personality. I chose music for this purpose because it's more than words, it's a state of mind, much more full of meaning.

Feel free to add personal comments to each video. Any message that you believe the song is trying to send.

I'll start. This is what a INFJ thinks best defines the INFP:

Impressions: happy tone, the freedom of thought, natural loving attitude.

Now this is what a INFJ thinks best defines the INFJ:

Impressions: Strong emotions of self awareness, care for the other person's feelings, deeply involved.

Disclaimer: This is all about personal opinion and perception. I am curious about gathering as many opinions as possible. You may choose any musical genre, go wild, anything that you feel like it expresses the idea of INFP and INFJ, no matter how small or large the differences may be.

We're not here to judge music genre or tastes. Please let this not turn into a musical debate.

The music, much like the spice, must flow.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Oh, the idea of this thread is very nice :)

My best friend who's an INFJ described me with this song. I think it's spot on. I'm wondering how well other INFPs relate to it?

I'm not sure how familiar people are with the Swedish band Kent but basically their every song reminds me of INFJs. Especially this one:

·
MOTM January 2013
10,667 Posts
We're not here to judge music genre or tastes. Please let this not turn into a musical debate.

Don't you think that's quite an assumption? The understanding here is that this thread is to use music to describe two functional styles. Why do you think anyone would do something like that(become pedantic) on this topic? Im sorry to break the peace but I just find that socially inconsiderate on it's own terms. Why judgemental?

1,239 Posts
[/CENTER]
Don't you think that's quite an assumption? The understanding here is that this thread is to use music to describe two functional styles. Why do you think anyone would do something like that(become pedantic) on this topic? Im sorry to break the peace but I just find that socially inconsiderate on it's own terms. Why judgemental?
I don't think it was in any way judgemental... he's just keeping things on topic

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
[/CENTER]
Hi, I will answer to this because it's impolite to leave a question hanging, even though I don't want to create too much offtopic material on this thread. I believe (and I can't believe I'm going to say this) that you're seeing too much into this disclaimer note. I just wanted focus on the idea of the music, not the genre or taste in music. I wanted to reinforce the idea of the music being the main interest, not the genre or style or whatever. You can post death metal, yodeling, trashcan drums, anything goes, even whale songs.

May I ask you something? What if I would have said "please stick to posting songs and don't create offtopic posts about the rules and disclaimers set by me", would you have still said that I was being socially inconsiderate? Maybe I just divided by 0, but you get what I mean with this question.

Really, I did not assume anything, but I know trolls are everywhere, and I wanted to set a few rules to make sure everybody knows what's up. Sorry if this has offended you. Let's say that you don't litter the ground (and I think you don't) and let's say that you live in a neighborhood that is educated enough not to throw trash on the ground, but would you feel offended if you saw a "DO NOT LITTER" sign be put up in your area? I believe you got offended for no reason. Please try to understand I was not implying, I was setting down the rules.

Best wishes and I hope you wish to participate with a couple of songs too. :)

I'm not sure how familiar people are with the Swedish band Kent but basically their every song reminds me of INFJs.
I love Kent. I especially love Vinternoll2, very very very INFJ, it has just heart touching lyrics.

·
Registered
198 Posts
These are just a few I could think of on the spot. Keep in mind that I am biased due to my experiences with these personality types.

INFJ:

Beautiful, gentle and somewhat somber. Becomes intense and powerful at certain points.

INFP:

I think this describes my INFP friend perfectly, he's very relaxed and optimistic.

I am going to add one more for INTJ. Forgive my egotism.

·
MOTM January 2013
10,667 Posts
Hi, I will answer to this because it's impolite to leave a question hanging, even though I don't want to create too much offtopic material on this thread. I believe (and I can't believe I'm going to say this) that you're seeing too much into this disclaimer note. I just wanted focus on the idea of the music, not the genre or taste in music. I wanted to reinforce the idea of the music being the main interest, not the genre or style or whatever. You can post death metal, yodeling, trashcan drums, anything goes, even whale songs.

May I ask you something? What if I would have said "please stick to posting songs and don't create offtopic posts about the rules and disclaimers set by me", would you have still said that I was being socially inconsiderate? Maybe I just divided by 0, but you get what I mean with this question.

Really, I did not assume anything, but I know trolls are everywhere, and I wanted to set a few rules to make sure everybody knows what's up. Sorry if this has offended you. Let's say that you don't litter the ground (and I think you don't) and let's say that you live in a neighborhood that is educated enough not to throw trash on the ground, but would you feel offended if you saw a "DO NOT LITTER" sign be put up in your area? I believe you got offended for no reason. Please try to understand I was not implying, I was setting down the rules.

Best wishes and I hope you wish to participate with a couple of songs too. :)

That's okay. Thanks for responding. :)

I just didn't understand originally why predicted there would be arguing over music styles when the threads intention is clear. Im not really speaking of what styles people post, whatev. Just why the rule was built in the first place based off an assumption about somebodies(?) pickiness in style etc. So it wasn't about rules about what people can post but why it was assumed this would even happen in the infp forum. We're not that bad lol! :p Im not quite sure about what you wrote in the second paragraph, maybe because we're talking about slightly different things? Im aware I might be alone on this thing and expected disagreements but there was just something about the basis of that rule that just brought out a twinged eyebrow.

Again though, thanks for helping to clear up any confusions.

Anyhow, I don't have a song related to INFJ/INFPism but here's one to put out there in general. :)

Have a nice day.

·
Registered
150 Posts
i really really like the idea of this thread! It's intriguing to find out what the other types think of each other. =) It's cool to see all the different ways that people think. ^_^

INFP:

INFJ:

·
Registered
4,041 Posts
Um....I ... uh..... I'm not sure that I'm going to represent INFJ well (appropriately, accurately).

Here's a try. :blushed:

INFJ
Tears for Fears, Everybody Wants to Rule the World

INFP
Skillet, Awake and Alive

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Wow, that 'Autumnsong' was horrifying. I love the video though. It reminded me of when I was fifteen and hanging out with lame "scene kids". Ugh...

Girl needs to listen to the Kevin Spacey-esque ESTJ dad. Chances are high that he knows what he's talking about.

"FOCUS ON YOUR STUDIES AND EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITIES, HONEY, NOT HANGING OUT WITH KIDS WHO HAVE EMBARRASSING HAIR!"

Anyway, this is my INFP song. Captures our innocence.

and INFJ. Fragmented and mysterious. At least that's how I experience you.

·
Registered
154 Posts
This is interesting topic :). My guess, based mostly on what "feels right" rather than any specific explanation:
INFP:

INFJ:

edit: I find rather hard to think of infj songs (there is a Czech songwriter who would do well for that, but with you not understanding lyrics, it's quite meaningless). Other good ones that cover roughly similiar topic and have similiar feel to (my) infpness could be Nick Drake - From the Morning or Current 93 - The Bloodbells Chime

1 - 20 of 33 Posts