Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an ESFP brother. He is 17 years old. :proud: I would like to ask you guys some questions on understanding him better...

1. I do not know this exactly, but I think he is still drinking and getting drunk with bad people. How do I talk about my concerns to him about it?
  2. He is very disrespectful to my parents. How do we deal with him when he becomes very aggressive?
  3. Is there a way for us to become close friends again? We used to be each others first best friends, always playing video games together and being dumb kids back then... It has since changed and now we live very separate lives. We still catch up with each other every now and then, but it's always a little awkward on my part. How do I fix this?
  4. I feel as though he lets his friends take advantage of him. He is very well liked and popular at his school, but eh never ever says "no" to his friends. He is also the same way with his girlfriend, even though I suspect she has cheated on him before with an ex. How do I bring this up to him without offending him so?
Thank you!

·
Registered
500 Posts
when I was younger, I drank to fit in and hang out with more people. If authority or anyone told me not to, I would just blow them off. I think you should try inviting him to or seeing if he wants to go do something with you around a lot of people (football game, movie even).. invite him somewhere where there are a lot of people , but no drinking. ESFP live of the here now and exictement of what's in front of them.

You could also ask him about a future huge concert or something to go to..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Well us ESFP like to have fun, so be spontaneous! take him out somewhere fun.
As for talking about his problems... we don't handle constructive critism very well, most of the time it seems like a personal attack (even if it isn't).
You're going to have to be persistent, sometimes you just have to dig and dig to find out what us going on, on the inside.
Let him get his agression out and make sure you listen to what he says!
Be kind and a good listener and encourage him to be an individual, not a push over. hope this helps

1 - 3 of 3 Posts