Personality Cafe banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this possible that my friend, who is always really nice person to everybody, mostly adjusts to the group, rarely argues with someone and takes lead of the group, solved two different mbti tests and recieved every time ENTJ.
Even she is very suprised of the result and says that she isn't satisfied with that kind of outcome.
Maybe, she keeps her truly personality inside or displaces it from herself... It's really unexpected. Have you ever had simmilar situations? :tongue:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Is this possible that my friend, who is always really nice person to everybody, mostly adjusts to the group, rarely argues with someone and takes lead of the group, solved two different mbti tests and recieved every time ENTJ.
Even she is very suprised of the result and says that she isn't satisfied with that kind of outcome.
Maybe, she keeps her truly personality inside or displaces it from herself... It's really unexpected. Have you ever had simmilar situations? :tongue:

@Mr. Challenger

Her results could be consistent. I consider the bolded statements to be generally true about how I deal with people.

We as ENTJ's are often stereotyped as opposite of those bolded statements.
People can perceive us as "not nice" because we tend to be direct in communication and readily express our critical assessments of things without being worried about social niceties (due to Fe being our least preferred function in the 8th position).

However, there are ENTJs who are actively working on not being perceived according to those negative stereotypes, and I include myself in that particular population.

For example, my male ENFJ friend would make an incorrect statement about what "humidity" is. He incorrectly assumed that humidity means "hot." Knowing myself that I can potentially come across as mean (and this is highly dependent on the audience as well) especially when expressing correction, instead of outright correcting his erroneous statement then and there, I said something along the lines of "I am not sure that is correct, so why don't we look it up?" I handled this particular situation this way because I am aware that my friend tends to be very sensitive, and so the likelihood that my correction would be perceived as "positive" is decreased. If my audience were different (my other ENFJ female friend who is less sensitive), I would have pointed out the inconsistency then and there.
The reason that I have adopted a behavioral adjustment in interacting with my male ENFJ friend is because I know my audience, and utilizing my ENTJ functions, I am aware that my purpose in correction is best logically served by a "softer" method of correction; my ENTJ-ness is not compromised at all in this situation, because the way I think remains the same--only expressed in a different method.

It may seem like your friend is adopting a more "catch all" approach to communication, by accommodating all sorts of personalities in her method of delivery. As of late, I have been engaging in the same approach to people, and I have found more positive experiences with relating to others in general. I believe that a deliberate adjustment in behavior may be necessary in order to engage in something like this, and possibly she is practicing this.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting conclusion. I can agree with most of your statements. You said that it can be caused from deliberate adjustment and it can be right, but it doesn't explain all of her behaviours.

Appropriate adjustment to the people is like a treatment for our disadvantage - lack of empathy. I try to use it as frequent as it is possible and I must say that it really helps in contacts. Conclusion for me is that, there can be sick or healthy ENTJ's (of course it concerns all of types), because we can work at ourselves and repair our disadvantages (or don't do anything :p)

But I don't think that she is working on her behaviour. She is acually what she is. Since. I've met her, she shows me every time the opposite character to ENTJ. Even many times after alcohol, where the basis character comes out, she is still the same girl, mostly not self-confident and looking for authority.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Maybe it's just wishful thinking that she answered the questions of the test in the way she did? :rolleyes:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts