Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Banned
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read how the unhealthy 4 acts, and I'm wondering, over time when we don't get anything but hate from other people, what eventually happens to us? Are we effected physically by this? One 4 I dated ended up going bald at the age of 21, and his father is an ENTJ so he didn't get the love he needed I suppose?

I'm a bit bitter and cynical toward the world, and I mostly hate people. I become lazy, slack off for work and quit easily. Cooping myself up on purpose so I can paint and write poetry, write stories and troll 4chan.

What are some things unhealthy 4's are known for doing? Do they binge eat from being so emotional? What about alcohol? Drugs? I was guessing yes because they need something to fill the void, but it only lasts temporarily. Is it me, or do even healthy 4 types see jobs and people, and love and everything as having no purpose in life, no point at all?

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
My verbal censor just gets less and less used the worse off I am at the time. At first I am polite and use normal humor, but as I get more unhealthy I start being quite an ass and I insult a lot of people and just am not very nice to be around, lol.

·
Banned
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ha, Thrifty. I get that way. Inappropriate[riate, cussing, not giving a crap how I make anyone feel and only doing things for myself. Then again, perhaps I'm just too much of an idealist? I am an INFP though.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Well I'm an INTP, so I already think in those terms, those terms being peoples flaws and contradictions and what not, but usually I censor it so that I'll be socially acceptable, which, being a 4 I already don't like changing to be socially acceptable, so unless I'm with a woman or something where I just wouldn't do that I just say fuck it and go all gung ho.

Haha I actually got that way last Friday when I was working, it was REALLY busy, which it usually isn't, and there was a new girl, it was her first or second day and she was just freaking out and it was really annoying and phasing the other ones (me and one other guy who were working there) and I finally just said (since I myself was stressed from all the extra work/customers) I said "Get out. Come back when your not so strung the fuck out." So she left and came back in a couple minutes and was fine XD

We were in a little cart at a waterpark that sells food and drink for the record, so it's not like I sent her out of a huge building or something. The last thing we needed was someone loosing it >.>

We are all 16-18 btw as well sooooo yeah I think our ages made that comment more appropriate.

·
Banned
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, I'm too afraid to say anything like that and I've noticed INTPs to be that way. A bit bold.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Yeah, I'm too afraid to say anything like that and I've noticed INTPs to be that way. A bit bold.
lol, well being INTP and a 4w5 is a bit interesting. I find that it leads to me having a much more separated public life and private life. I only have 1 good friend who knows me well, and even he doesn't know the full extent of my emotions. But then again we're both dudes so why would we talk about that XD

And that was a very special occasion when I laid into her like that, I usually don't do that lol. Actually looking back on it I was probably.... no I definately was a bit harsh. But what's a 4 INTP to do?

These are all reasons why I love 2009 Spock so much, I can relate to him so much it's not even funny XD

·
Banned
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lol, well being INTP and a 4w5 is a bit interesting. I find that it leads to me having a much more separated public life and private life. I only have 1 good friend who knows me well, and even he doesn't know the full extent of my emotions. But then again we're both dudes so why would we talk about that XD

And that was a very special occasion when I laid into her like that, I usually don't do that lol. Actually looking back on it I was probably.... no I definately was a bit harsh. But what's a 4 INTP to do?

These are all reasons why I love 2009 Spock so much, I can relate to him so much it's not even funny XD
Was bob dylan a 4w5 intp?

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
To be honest I don't think I know enough about him to make a qualified decision on his type. To behonest I actually don't know anything about him.

I do know that most classical musicians were 4w3 though (Chopin, Beethoven, Tchaikovsky, etc.) as their music as well as the piano took a lot of dedication to get up to their level. But then again, I think a great songwriter such as dylan would have taken some dedication to get to his level. I think modern songwriting greats (Trent Reznor, Michael Jackson, Matt Bellamy) are a bit underrated in just how in depth they know their craft, so I suppose I would say he's a 4w3 based off of that logic.

But again, I know nothing about him, so if I were you I wouldn't think my conclusion to carry much weight.

·
Banned
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was thinking, why I even made this post is because I wondered how an affection, love deprived 4 might feel/act. I sort of experience this right now, but I don't think it's full blown. I do think there are different levels/stages to it. Probably pertaining to how old a person is or how much they've been through. I mostly feel like a 50 year old bitter hag, lol.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Well, as a four, I would say that I always feel love/affection deprived. I don't think fours ever feel satisfied, in fact, I've read that is one of their main flaws. That they always feel that "the grass is greener...."

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well, as a four, I would say that I always feel love/affection deprived. I don't think fours ever feel satisfied, in fact, I've read that is one of their main flaws. That they always feel that "the grass is greener...."
That's because the grass is greener on the other side of the personality fence. I would be lying if I were to say I'm never satisfied; it's those rare moments where for a second I feel whole and things just click. For some reason that tiny taste of happiness keeps me going, God knows why.

Also, apologies if I somehow replied to this incorrectly or unprofessionally, this is the first forum site I've been a member of and my abilities need enhancement...

·
Registered
21 Posts
I think its very strange how society has made it "gay" for two guys to talk about their feelings. There's nothing gay about it...unless your talking about homosexual feelings :p
-
On being unhealthy, I usually have the mindset of "Fuck you, I'm escalating this until either you admit defeat or we both crash and burn together in agonizing fiery death."

On the exterior I'll be fearless, violent and intimidating, yet on the inside I could be very sad and regretful at the same time.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
~On being unhealthy, I usually have the mindset of "Fuck you, I'm escalating this until either you admit defeat or we both crash and burn together in agonizing fiery death."~ Quite.In momentary displeasure(A loathing much to potent to be masked) I am to dispense a deplorability of engagement upon those within effectual parameter,in torridity of passion and malevolence as then i seek external justfication for the arisals of horrid polarizations within myself.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sex addiction. Sex is like a moment of pure beauty with someone else in which you feel validated, accepted for who you are, but also feel special as it's just you and the other person. It's like a short love story, but one that you know won't (for the most part) go wrong.

·
Registered
264 Posts
~On being unhealthy, I usually have the mindset of "Fuck you, I'm escalating this until either you admit defeat or we both crash and burn together in agonizing fiery death."~ Quite.In momentary displeasure(A loathing much to potent to be masked) I am to dispense a deplorability of engagement upon those within effectual parameter,in torridity of passion and malevolence as then i seek external justfication for the arisals of horrid polarizations within myself.
This is exactly what I do when I'm extremely irritated or incredibly pissed off. Exactly. :mellow:

It's pretty bad. Especially when I keep going after realizing what I'm doing.

Reactions: xezene

·
Registered
716 Posts
Sex addiction. Sex is like a moment of pure beauty with someone else in which you feel validated, accepted for who you are, but also feel special as it's just you and the other person. It's like a short love story, but one that you know won't (for the most part) go wrong.
You should try being a male then. Males generally have a higher sex-drive than females. With that in mind, I feel like a gross pervert for having a sex-drive at all. After I've had sex with a woman (haven't had any for 5 years, but still) I kinda feel like I've just raped her; used her body to satisfy my sick needs - even if she was the one who commenced it. And I've never had sex with anyone I didn't have a romantic relationship with.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts