·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what would an unhealthy entp look like

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Like me when I am self doubting and all my strategies fail. A sad, sad sight.... Happens sometimes.....

Reactions: Mercutio

·
Registered
722 Posts
I think that there are a few examples:

There can be the ENTP that spreads himself too thin in order to satisfy others (lacking Ti development)

The manipulative ENTP (understands Fe information quite well but uses it incorrectly)

The Selfish ENTP (lacking Fe development)

The reckeless ENTP (lacking Si development)

Keep in mind also that these are all a bit age dependent as well especially the last one and in order for these to be "unhealthy" they would have to be common sources of the ENTP's problems.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I think that there are a few examples:

There can be the ENTP that spreads himself too thin in order to satisfy others (lacking Ti development)

The manipulative ENTP (understands Fe information quite well but uses it incorrectly)

The Selfish ENTP (lacking Fe development)

The reckeless ENTP (lacking Si development)

Keep in mind also that these are all a bit age dependent as well especially the last one and in order for these to be "unhealthy" they would have to be common sources of the ENTP's problems.
This seems to be a good breakdown!

What about Ne? Oh, wait that doesn't exist :laughing:

·
Registered
722 Posts

LMFAO. Oh it exists in too many ways in fact lmao.

In an ENTP domineering Ne would be a problem and probably is obvious mostly in the situation in which one lacks Si.

In the ENTP I doubt that it would go undeveloped but would just be too much to handle and probably would display itself in some form in all examples.

·
Registered
90 Posts
LMFAO. Oh it exists in too many ways in fact lmao.

In an ENTP domineering Ne would be a problem and probably is obvious mostly in the situation in which one lacks Si.

In the ENTP I doubt that it would go undeveloped but would just be too much to handle and probably would display itself in some form in all examples.
haha it is too much to handle, I love and hate Ne at the same time. Good explanations though.. when I am stressed I can be a mix of the manipulative and selfish ENTP.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts

I guess too much Ne could be a problem combined with an under developed Ti :tongue:

Perhaps that could result in an ENTP who can't escape his/her fantasy world or refuses to live in reality. Although, that almost seems more like an ENFP problem.

·
Banned
1,174 Posts
Take a look in the mirror.

As a minority personality you're much more likely to find unhealthy entp's than healthy ones.

And I use the word minority in the way it's defined in the dictionary.

·
Registered
83 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
I never liked Fight Club.

As a minority personality you're much more likely to find unhealthy entp's than healthy ones.
Why is being a member of a minority personality more likely to make an ENTP unhealthy than healthy? Can you elaborate?

·
Banned
1,174 Posts
^because we dont fit in and dont think the same way as most people
And people assume everyone is just like them and therefore misinterpret entp motivations, actions, and intentions.
As a result they spend alot of time trying to make the entp something that they are not.

This is of course true of all personality types, but the smaller the minority the greater the pressure to be something other than what you are.

·
Registered
743 Posts
And people assume everyone is just like them and therefore misinterpret entp motivations, actions, and intentions.
As a result they spend alot of time trying to make the entp something that they are not.

This is of course true of all personality types, but the smaller the minority the greater the pressure to be something other than what you are.
I know several ENTPs and people seem to like them enough. Sure a couple of them are "unhealthy" IMHO, but overall they seem to be no better worse than any other type.

So what is it that makes ENTPs different enough from the majority to the point where people are trying to get them to change?

·
Registered
722 Posts
I know several ENTPs and people seem to like them enough. Sure a couple of them are "unhealthy" IMHO, but overall they seem to be no better worse than any other type.

So what is it that makes ENTPs different enough from the majority to the point where people are trying to get them to change?
I don't think anyone will try to change an ENTP necessarily but I think that an ENTP will perceive how different they are from everyone else and this might 'cause them to doubt the use of their ego functions and also without a real role model for how to productively use their ego function it kind of increases our chances of using them incorrectly.

I have always had this perception that very few people thought like me and even though I made a lot of new friends by my sophomore year of high school I still felt a bit out of place at times.

We generally project our ego functions onto others and expect them to use them as we do and when they don't it can create issues.

There's also the fact that NT's are outnumbered by other types. The world would be a lot different if the ratio of NT to SP or SJ was in favor of the NT. Of course this may hurt us more than help us because then our unique perspectives would be commonplace and it might be ST's or SP's that appeared as we do.

·
Banned
1,174 Posts

Purely numbers.

·
Registered
743 Posts
We generally project our ego functions onto others and expect them to use them as we do and when they don't it can create issues.
Well there's your problem. :crazy:

Thanks for the answers.

·
Registered
4,385 Posts
Do you guys get Ne-Fe loops? I noticed my ENTP ex would go into Ne-Fe loops and act like a selfish, manipulative jerk. Then when he came back to surface, he would go into rants about how I was the only person in the world who could handle it. :confused:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts