Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any key understandings about atypical/assumed INTPness?

* This concept of this thread exists in other places. It's sort of scattered throughout. This thread is for any lightbulb understandings about why INTPs behave the way they (can/sometimes) do.

·
黐線 ~Chiseen~
5,241 Posts
All INTP's are wanna-be ESFJ's in disguise. Those who cannot keep their cool will have their cover blown rather quickly and effortlessly by everyone else!

·
Registered
6,493 Posts

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Procrastination, Efficiencies and Sensing / Thinking Gap

I am now convinced that procrastination is based on the fixation on finding efficiencies in the external world and that this desire for efficiency is largely due to Si and Se being less used /preferred functions.

There is a gap between making the transition between thoughts into sensation. Sensation, in a way, seems like a poor translation for theoretical forms of efficiencies, as least as far as thinking mode is concerned. This is a bit of an extension on the J functions that are usually discussed in relation to this.

Related INTP threads:

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The first post in "Are INTPs passive aggressive?" reminds me of why I avoid females with F preferences like the plague.

WTF idon'teven...
I feel ill after reading that. I kind of get similar vibes sometimes from an INFJ friend I've got (however the shared brain / exploratory intuitive functions make up for it).

Reactions: nadjasix

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
connieculkins is just an awful person. gah, I wish I could've replied to that "Passive Agressive" thread so I could've ripped her a new one.

·
黐線 ~Chiseen~
5,241 Posts
@Ista ... I'm not sure how you're datamining and organizing these posts, but if you're doing them one.at.a.time. then I bow to your abundance of patience and overwillingness to organize this sub-fora.

I tried working from the oldest forward and got up to page 15 of copy/pasting before I went... well... this seems tedious and futile since new topics are posted every day, every week, every month, therefore forgotten posts becomes buried and all... lost effect of meaning and content expired and the likes.

Regardless, incredible research and puzzle piecing so far. *applaud*

·
Registered
67 Posts
If you want to know what the last 3 years of my life have been like, remove the kids out of the equation and you pretty much have it right there in that post. Dealin with women who think like that. All day. Every. day.

Pity me.
You have been pitied.

Does that even make sense?

·
Banned
5,669 Posts
connieculkins is just an awful person. gah, I wish I could've replied to that "Passive Agressive" thread so I could've ripped her a new one.
Unfortunately, in my experience, most "normal" or "typical" women act like this toward women who are NTs. (Not all, there are some cool NFs out there...)

"How dare this bitch not live like meeeee??"

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
If you want to know what the last 3 years of my life have been like, remove the kids out of the equation and you pretty much have it right there in that post. Dealin with women who think like that. All day. Every. day.

Pity me.
Lol I was going to post “Poor Nadja :(“ but then I thought it would be too condescending. Came back to find your edit.

This is the only consoling meme I could find

I think you’ll appreciate it.

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
Unfortunately, in my experience, most "normal" or "typical" women act like this toward women who are NTs. (Not all, there are some cool NFs out there...)

"How dare this bitch not live like meeeee??"
It just amazes me that these type of people exist. Then I realize, in a moment of despair, that most people are like this.

·
Banned
5,669 Posts
It just amazes me that these type of people exist. Then I realize, in a moment of despair, that most people are like this.
But there's honestly no male equivalent to this, except maaaaybe jocks giving wedgies, and that's a pretty big stretch. Guys just don't harsh each others' buzzes like that, they don't even seem to process social interaction on this same base level that a lot of women do. It's frightening, and, frankly, I often think it's borderline psychotic.

It's like these women think that if you don't act like them, it's because you just don't know yet that you should. So they inevitably start trying to "teach" you how to exist. They'll try to suggest you buy that silver heart-shaped locket with engraved kittens shitting rainbows on it and a place to put your bff's picture inside. They'll try to make you wear lavender sweaters and Ugghhh boots. They'll get all butthurt if you're honest, while they act nice to your face and try to destroy you behind your back. If you refuse to model yourself after them, they'll make your life a living hell in any way possible. Their favorite trick is the backhanded compliment, which they do in public when they're really pissed.

I often wonder how in the hell men can be attracted to that, because most of them seem to be. It just stuns and appalls me. Well, I guess it makes sense-- women don't act like that in front of guys, they get their "teehee" eyelash bats and smiles on when the guys enter the room. It's like watching Mr. Hyde morph back into Dr. Jekyll before your very eyes.

If I were male, I'd be the twinkiest twink on planet Earth. But I'd only do bears.

·
Registered
4,315 Posts

Pity me.
Lol, you must be an expert at pretending to give a damn then, gotta survive by any means necessary.

·
黐線 ~Chiseen~
5,241 Posts
I admit. I teared a little reading her post. Who doesn't like Halloween... the kind of kids who saw black and white re-runs of twilight zone, killer clowns from outer space, IT, and witnessed a clown at some other kids' birthday party who kicked his pet frog across the room with enough force to splatter it on the wall and torment all the other kids in the same room.

God... growing up, I had this friggin urge to punch anyone dressed as a clown for traumatizing me as a child.... Especially Bozo the Clown on national TV, UPN, channel 57... every.damn.day.

the kid whos' birthday it was that had his frog killed was never the same ever with clowns since that day either. the movie IT just made it even worse... he thought clowns had sharp teeth and eats children.

Guh... Ghosts were more tolerable.. but clowns.. fucking clowns. as an INTP, I never talked to anyone about that either... not until this post. Halloween... fucking.... fuckitty fuck fuck.

Why am I even angry in frustration right now?

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
But there's honestly no male equivalent to this, except maaaaybe jocks giving wedgies, and that's a pretty big stretch. Guys just don't harsh each others' buzzes like that, they don't even seem to process social interaction on this same base level that a lot of women do. It's frightening, and, frankly, I often think it's borderline psychotic.

It's like these women think that if you don't act like them, it's because you just don't know yet that you should. So they inevitably start trying to "teach" you how to exist. They'll try to suggest you buy that silver heart-shaped locket with engraved kittens shitting rainbows on it and a place to put your bff's picture inside. They'll try to make you wear lavender sweaters and Ugghhh boots. They'll get all butthurt if you're honest, while they act nice to your face and try to destroy you behind your back. If you refuse to model yourself after them, they'll make your life a living hell in any way possible. Their favorite trick is the backhanded compliment, which they do in public when they're really pissed.

I often wonder how in the hell men can be attracted to that, because most of them seem to be. It just stuns and appalls me. Well, I guess it makes sense-- they don't act like that in front of guys, they get their "teehee" eyelash bats and smiles on when the guys enter the room.

If I were male, I'd be the twinkiest twink on planet Earth. But I'd only do bears.
I'm all too aware of the constant drama over stupid shit that a clan of women are more prone to create. When I have witnessed such pettiness, I am literally stunned and paralyzed how some ridiculous "drama" is conjured up and then perpetuated and encouraged by the other sheep. I usually don't get out of those situations unscathed because I will/have called out this group mentality, how they are unfairly villainizing another person, and try to put the idiotic pettiness of what the person is complaining about into perspective. How one cannot understand that other people have different priorities/interests is lazy thinking, and that if someone does not want to subscribe to that interest, this puts you in the "strange" or "unfriendly' category.

·
Banned
5,669 Posts
I'm all too aware of the constant drama over stupid shit that a clan of women are more prone to create. When I have witnessed such pettiness, I am literally stunned and paralyzed how some ridiculous "drama" is conjured up and then perpetuated and encouraged by the other sheep. I usually don't get out of those situations unscathed because I will/have called out this group mentality, how they are unfairly villainizing another person, and try to put the idiotic pettiness of what the person is complaining about into perspective. How one cannot understand that other people have different priorities/interests, and that if someone does not want to subscribe to that interest, this puts you in the "strange" or "unfriendly' category.
It's because women aren't allowed to have "egos" or base their self-worth on anything lasting or enduring or important. So they base it all on cliques and interpersonal interaction, which they manage to drag down to the pettiest level imaginable.

Gaaahh. And they wonder why I'm 85% cynical...

·
黐線 ~Chiseen~
5,241 Posts
Gaaahh. And they wonder why I'm 85% cynical...

It's not just you... this is her second post in response after the opening post. I'm actually enjoying at how the follow up board members are responding to her posts... the woman is crazy, but won't admit she's crazy herself. It's marvelous!

I wonder how the next generation of cats that comes hang out this sub-forum would treat our posts now next year... this feels like living the days through semesters in an after school club all over... except, in a virtual environment.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts