Personality Cafe banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys!

Ok, so i'm feeling a little narcissistic today :p
What are some traits you've noticed that feel specific to INFJs?

I'll start...
At work, I often feel like the Introvert vs Extrovert translator. My workplace is made up of mostly extraverts who can't understand the introverts' extremely quiet personality and introverts who can't understand why the extravert has to say everything that comes to mind. I get along with both and use this as a chance to stick up for both, helping them understand that the introvert is probably shy or thoughtful while the extravert processes information best by talking things through.

What other traits would you say INFJs tend to have?

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Being simultaneously relatable and reserved. We're all apparently born with the bafflingly specific and exact ability to make ourselves likeable to all kinds of people while at the same time being ridiculously private. It's the same reason some people call us 'mysterious', we all basically know how to reveal and not-reveal in the same exact moment.

·
Registered
ISTJ
1,053 Posts
When I get pissed off and turn SSJ I feel like I can achieve anything.

But the real power is that somehow I attract people who want to share their secrets with me. Maybe it is because INFJs are very private about their own personal stuff and perhaps others think that we will keep their secrets too, but share the burden.

9,999 Posts
A couple of examples...

I started watching Dexter (the TV serie) recently.

If you haven't seen it and don't want spoilers, don't read the spoiler below.

When Dexter visits the presumed, bespectacled Ice Truck Killer in prison, I said to myself "That guy will go 'Who the fuck are you?'".
Which he did. Those exact words.

When Rudy the prosthetics technician showed up, I said "That guy is Dexter's brother and the Ice Truck Killer".
Which he was. At that point, no one was supposed to know that Dexter had a brother.

This kind of thing keeps happening to me when I watch (decently scripted) TV series and movies. I just know what will happen, although I wouldn't be able to point out why. All Ni.

·
Registered
25,452 Posts
I talk at to squirrels.

Reactions: Groovy

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
INFJs tend to have mind reading abilities. They are sort of like Jedi, and thankfully they will try to use their "power" for good. (Seriously, an "evil" INFJ could do unspeakable things to others if they wanted, and it would scare the heck outta me if I encountered one.)

But that's the other thing: they are very kind and and know exactly how to help others. To me, that is amazing, especially in a world where such kindness is seen as weak, but really, it's anything but.

·
Registered
266 Posts
The ability to feel the sensitivities and emotions of their neighbours... they notice when people are off and in that way have the chance to help.

Reactions: Goetterdaemmerung

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
A couple of examples...

I started watching Dexter (the TV serie) recently.

If you haven't seen it and don't want spoilers, don't read the spoiler below.

When Dexter visits the presumed, bespectacled Ice Truck Killer in prison, I said to myself "That guy will go 'Who the fuck are you?'".
Which he did. Those exact words.

When Rudy the prosthetics technician showed up, I said "That guy is Dexter's brother and the Ice Truck Killer".
Which he was. At that point, no one was supposed to know that Dexter had a brother.

This kind of thing keeps happening to me when I watch (decently scripted) TV series and movies. I just know what will happen, although I wouldn't be able to point out why. All Ni.
Oh yes, I am incredibly good at dissecting and predicting tv series and movies. Which is why I tend to stay quite around company otherwise I tend to ruin the moments and they are always suspicious thinking I watched a spoiler before hand when in actuality I simply predicted it and it was my first time watching it. xD

9,999 Posts
Oh yes, I am incredibly good at dissecting and predicting tv series and movies. Which is why I tend to stay quite around company otherwise I tend to ruin the moments and they are always suspicious thinking I watched a spoiler before hand when in actuality I simply predicted it and it was my first time watching it. xD
I think this is one of the reasons I really dislike bad scripting... It really bothers me when plotlines and character development don't make sense. To take Dexter as an example, the first season was very good - probably because it was based on a novel. Novelists have more time to think things through and make sure everything adds up. I suspect TV writers tend to often opt for "cool" tropes instead of sound logic. The second season (only seen 1st and 2nd thus far), which wasn't based on the novels, was significantly worse, especially in the beginning.

I really like it when a writer is able to keep things interesting and difficult to predict. The best TV writing in that department that I've seen would probably be Utopia (UK TV series) season 1 and the Danish original of The Killing season 1. Adds up and throws you just enough bones to keep things interesting. Sadly, subsequent seasons virtually never live up to my expectations.

Reactions: Crimson Ash

·
Registered
616 Posts
Special snowflake power ! They have the ability to shift perspective from the reality to see themselves as unique XD.
More seriously I think in "general" INFJ can see something with a different lens/perspective compared to others which is refreshing sometimes.

·
Banned
11,471 Posts
I don't really know, but both animals and children always seem drawn to me, I think due to my calm nature.

I would sometimes go up north, to help my grandmother and friends with the horses. They always come to me, everyone thinks of me as the "horse whisperer" :shocked:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts