Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just joined this site so I don't know if when you first joined you didn't know your type, put "unknown personality" found out your personality after and aren't able to change the settings for some reason. But I'm seeing members here who have been members for a LONG time and are unknown personalities. Here they are, helping everyone choose their dad's type, answering questions about different types, comparing ISTP's to ESTP's, typing other people yet they can't figure out their own type! Why is this? :dry:

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Because I can see strong elements of my personality in a few types, and the type that may accord best in terms of JCF suits me less well than a couple of other types. Ergo, the simplest thing would be to put up a video - in which I shall confuse all and sundry by displaying the characteristics of everything from an INTJ to an ENFP.

·
Banned
14,865 Posts
- Its not uncommon that someone isn't a good self-observer.

- Others pick 'type unknown' because they don't want to display their type - which is what I did for a while.

- Some don't really fit into mbti.

Reactions: Moya

·
Premium Member
10,504 Posts
I see myself as an xsfp and, sometimes, as an exfp, but these are not options. I suspect that people who choose unknown personality might want to use an x somewhere in their personality type.

Reactions: Satan Claus

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
I don't think I'm an ISTP, but I show as one anyway. I avoid becoming an unknown statistic. I want to be seen. See me sparkle world! I am a beautiful butterfly! Or rather an ass-kicking lone wolf mechanic? Meh.

Also, some people hide their type because they are tired of hearing biased responses. People leap to certain assumptions based on the other person's type rather than responding to what is literally written.

·
Banned
981 Posts
I was an "unknown' until a couple days ago because I'm not sure if I am an ISFJ or an INFJ. Like others have already said, it is easier to type other people then it is to type yourself.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Consistent with some of the previous posts, I think there would probably be quite a few less "Unknown Personalities" here if PerC allowed people to include X's on one or more of the MBTI dimensions. Jung himself said he thought more people were essentially in the middle on E/I than were significantly extraverted or introverted, and there's quite a lot of data (MBTI and Big Five both) that suggests that one or more of the MBTI dimensions may exhibit something like a normal distribution, with lots of people in or near the middle.

Both of the other MBTI forums I post at allow people to include X's in their profile types, and I'd like to see that flexibility implemented here.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
it's interesting when people assume the ''unknown'' factor indicates a lack of knowledge instead of an informed resistance combined with skepticism(combined with not giving a shit) :cool:

why is that?
Because the word "unknown" imply "don't know" which implies a lack of knowledge. Like if you say an unknown place, it usually means a lack of knowledge of that place instead of people resisting to get to know that place.

If you say "undecided"/"undetermined" it will imply more of a resistance.

Why would that ever generate confusion to you?? I don't understand

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Some people switch to unknown from a type when they doubt their own typing

Reactions: Lady Mary

·
Banned
981 Posts
What is wrong in taking a test online? If one is insecure about answering a test, why should he feel equipped to answer to another person questions?
That's the thing with me. Even the tests will say to me : :You are either a sensor or an intuitive"
Yeah, no
kidding! On other tests, I am an ISFJ, and still others, INFJ. No laziness here,just slight confusion.:confused:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.