Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Is anybody aware of the dangers of unlicensed hypnotism in the community?

http://soredragon.blogspot.com/search?q=hypno

This may be supplanted by spiked drinks and getting the target drunk for whatever purpose. Vulnerable people and mentally deficient people may be in more danger than adults with a support system.

The elderly are vulnerable to con-men and even innocent volunteer helpers befriending people can inadvertently cause a disaster.

Your psychological defences are meant to protect you.

http://soredragon.blogspot.com/2008/07/freudian-defence-mechanisms.html

Andy

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gravity will pull your Down (Depression)

HYPNOTHERAPY
WHAT WE ARE LED TO BELIEVE

The fact is we are all in some level of trance all day every day. You might think is rubbish. But no, it's true.

Do we not, each and every one of us spend most of our days absorbed by thoughts, planning events, and picturing the outcome? How sad it is that at school as children we are told, "Wakey wakey, come on, stop daydreaming!" Children are especially susceptible to going into a quite deep trance, (daydreaming), and it is at this level of mind new ideas, inventions, and intuition come into play.

Many activities in life are so hypnotic. Driving a car for Dangers of Hypnotherapy - HIGHWAY HYPNOSIS instance. In this country lorry drivers call it "autopilot", and in the USA it's called "highway hypnosis".

The Dangers of Hypnotherapy and What We Are Led to Believe

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
I blame it on Facebook.....

Is it not said that you wouldn't do anything under hypnosis that you wouldn't already do anyway? If that's really true is hypnosis all that bad?

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
advertisments not only exsist for money purposes but for the purposes of ideas.

concepts can float from mind to mind as we build on to them...

it creates a working world.
it ain't perfect but we can't all just instantly communicate truth to others.

whatever steps need to be taken to get practically anywhere... there are signs... in peoples faces, in commercials.
i dunno.
kind of thinking out loud here but wanted to make that point... yeah. I hate commericals.. they are annoying and bright and overplayed.
but... I do catch ads of a different sort... but I can also send out different ads, maybe as an idea... and if people like that idea they can buy it. FOR FREE!!!!
and spread that idea around.

we will all figure it out.
we have to take in information to work on it.
learn it, change it, teach it.
then learn it again.

·
Premium Member
15,406 Posts
...The fact is we are all in some level of trance all day every day. You might think is rubbish. But no, it's true....
It is true. It renders my pineal damn near ineffective and that frustrates me.

Now you know it's a meaningless question
To ask if those stories are right
'Cause what matters most is the feeling
You get when you're hypnotized

1 - 8 of 8 Posts