Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do you ever have a problem with organizing your thoughts or explaining on how things work? apparently i have this problem or i'll switch subjects right in the middle of saying something. i'm not sure if this is a serious problem i should pay attention to, or just something common amongst INFPs in general...

Reactions: ivorynightgown

·
Registered
53 Posts
Yes, most definitely. I have gotten in the habit of having to create Excel spreadsheets for EVERYTHING or if I want to decorate a room I can't organize how everything's going to look in my head so I have to put it all together in Photoshop to see how it's going to look. I lose my train of thought so quickly and change subjects in the middle of the conversation all the time!

·
exploring space
ENFP
9,384 Posts
Ι wouldn't say that I think in an unorganized manner although others might believe I do mainly because most of the times when in a conversation, I associate something that is said with something completely irrelevant to the subject. But I don't consider this to be unorganized... dunno, is it?

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
It depends on what subject. Certain things, that I don't have to think about anymore like how I want to live my day to day. I can explain that easily.

However, stuff related to INFP requires that I write it down to make sense of it all. Somethings make sense in my head but I still can't get it make sense on paper. For example I have this idea of how game theory and the Prisoner's Dilemma is applicable to various INFP behavior but I can't seem to explain it just yet.

·
Premium Member
15,247 Posts
Yeah.. At times. I understand things fine in my head and they make sense to me... but to put them all down in a nice, elegant way for others to understand, sometimes I just can't be sussed to expend the thought, interest, care and energy to do so. It's like... I'm okay w/this concept, I understand it.. let's move on to something else now. Why bring other people into the loop of understanding? lol.. I just figure people will catch up or are off on their own figuring out things.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I feel the same way, Especially when I'm telling something that I'm really excited about.

I'm so bent on trying to explain my feelings, most people just get it by my hand gestures and How I talk about it, not what I'm actually saying. Flustered is a good word :p
but yeah, half the time I just give up and say "You have to read/watch/experience it"

1 - 7 of 7 Posts