Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The thread is self-explanatory, and I'll cut most of the content out and replace it with personal facts due to limited time and a greatly diminished attention span.

I usually feel burnt out after extensive periods of socializing (Extensive in my books is defined by three hours :tongue:)
I'm reserved around people who appear as strangers, even some friends are formidably extroverted; I'll only adjust to someone once I fully understand them
In regards to socializing, It's perceived as a chore; talking seems a waste of valuable time
I'm stimulated by theories, and am usually an information hound
I make natural connections between concepts quite effortlessly
I'm abstract, but I can be critical
I'd like to become either a philosopher, musician or scientist (I find chemistry interesting, next being psychology)
I usually have my days planned out, but after everything is accomplished I can become spontaneous
I dislike surprises
I have a small tolerance for stupidity, but that statement is hypocritical since at the end of the day I have a plethora of energy to burn off
I'm dissociated; always thinking ahead, or over-analyzing something
I'm a social recluse......which could be a temporal phase
I have an endless need for more knowledge, regardless of what it is I need to reach
I won't put in any effort in anything, unless I'm interested in whatever that may be
Often times insensitive, but can become gooey....which isn't usual

Yeah, type away. I will remain impartial until I gather some conclusions.

P.S; my apologies about the formatting, and the half-assed effort in this thread.

·
Banned
231 Posts
An N as a scientist? Theoretical, sure, but an ordinary scientist?! Go into theoretical chemistry or biomedicine. ;)

Reactions: Grey

·
Registered
142 Posts
Okayy:

I usually feel burnt out after extensive periods of socializing (Extensive in my books is defined by three hours)
- Introversion (no surprise there :tongue:)

I'm reserved around people who appear as strangers, even some friends are formidably extroverted; I'll only adjust to someone once I fully understand them
- again Introversion (desire for greater understanding also indicates N, understanding people specifically might also suggest F)

In regards to socializing, It's perceived as a chore; talking seems a waste of valuable time
- Introversion + Judging (valuing time)

I'm stimulated by theories, and am usually an information hound
- Intuition

I make natural connections between concepts quite effortlessly
- again... Intuition

I'm abstract, but I can be critical
- NT

I'd like to become either a philosopher, musician or scientist (I find chemistry interesting, next being psychology)
- interest in Science tends to indicate NT; music is a hard one, but tends to correlate to FPs (can be either Sensing or Intuition); Philosophy = Intuition (for the schools of thought specifically concerned with rationality = NT)

I usually have my days planned out, but after everything is accomplished I can become spontaneous
- Judging (random aside - your ability to be spontaneous would suggest your functions are well-balanced :happy:)

I dislike surprises
- Judging

I have a small tolerance for stupidity, but that statement is hypocritical since at the end of the day I have a plethora of energy to burn off
- NTJ

I'm dissociated; always thinking ahead, or over-analyzing something
- Intuition (over-analyzing = J)

I'm a social recluse......which could be a temporal phase
- Introversion (but a temporal phase? Have you always regarded yourself as an introvert?)

I have an endless need for more knowledge, regardless of what it is I need to reach
- Intuition

I won't put in any effort in anything, unless I'm interested in whatever that may be
- interesting one... I'm the same, perhaps it's a feature of Intuition (if we fail to see the value in something it is of little/no concern to us...)

Often times insensitive, but can become gooey....which isn't usual
- TJ (but it's still healthy to allow a little bit of Fe/Fi to creep out :happy:)

Clearly you are an NT, and I'm pretty sure you're a INTJ. If you're still unsure try to work whether you primarily use extroverted/introverted Intuition or extroverted/introverted Thinking - (Ne = ENTP, Ni = INTJ , Te = ENTJ, Ti = INTP).

·
Registered
330 Posts
INTj or INTp

Simple way to distinguish between these two. Do you seek exploration in an area because you feel you can do something with it or do you seek exploration in an area because you just want the knowledge of it?

·
MOTM Nov 2009
4,132 Posts
Well, well. So this means I get to have a try? Wonderful.

I say INTP. Why don't we have a go at functions, sir?

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
INT.
But I'm biased.

Reactions: Grey

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
INTj or INTp

Simple way to distinguish between these two. Do you seek exploration in an area because you feel you can do something with it or do you seek exploration in an area because you just want the knowledge of it?
That normally varies; I set on an exploration in something if it's relevant, sometimes for the sake of learning something. So if I'm set with myself, in the remaining time I have left, I'll often dabble into some neuroscience/psychology (Usually because I seek the knowledge just to broaden my mind)

I do have a multitude areas that require working on, my compulsiveness never let's myself rest and appreciate what I've achieved. (Possibly the J function?)

I find this here could be key to knowing whether you are INTP or INTJ.
Just how do these connections come to you? What's the process like?
Ne appears to make most relevance to me;

'Ne is curiosity (but of course it's not that simple). Describing it as "looking" isn't deceptive, because Ne as an attitude is one of seeing what's there. The idea is that possibilities are visible in the Ne sense. There's a film called the Zero Effect. The main character is probably an INTP. A quote from the film that encapsulates Ne: "If you go looking for something in particular, your chances of finding it are very bad, because of all the things in the world, you're only looking for one of them. If you go looking for anything at all, your chances of finding it are very good, because of all the things in the world, you're sure to find some of them."

Even if you look for anything at all, and find nothing, then you found something. You just didn't find anything new, but this is an opportunity in disguise. That's Ne. It's the attitude that searching is inherently valuable because no matter what outcome you get you find something.

(Tangent: This also highlights the importance of Lenore's idea about developing the secondary. Ne by itself is very indiscriminate. There's a point at which "looking for anything at all" really risks being too randomly useful or too randomly pointless to be helpful. A dominant Ne type needs to be able to distinguish between the relative importance of things, or be able to identify the needs and people they really care about, to make the most of it.)'

Extraverted Intuition

1 - 9 of 9 Posts