Personality Cafe banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello ENTP's,

I've recently got note of MBTI by my old boss.He told me he was pretty sure I am an ENTP. I also did the test which had the same result.

The more I read on these forums the less sure I am about being ENTP. I wanna share some personality traits with u guys and maybe u can give me your opinions. Some of the traits I notice about myself are typical ENFP things ( I think ).

Introduction
I am a 19 year old male and in my last year of studying software engineering. I studied marketing before but I quit it was too easy I suppose! I like to workout alot.

Curiosity
I've always been curious about anything and everything. I drive people crazy with asking the why questions. My mom told me a while ago when I was like 3 - 4 years old I would ask random people on the street questions such as: Why are u bald sir? Why do u have such large boobs? She was pretty embarrassed as u can imagine.

New ideas
I'm constantly busy with new things and have a hard time sticking to projects or ideas.
This also applies to work. I've had a couple of programming jobs which paid very well. My boss offered me a raise but because I was bored there I moved on to a new programming job, which paid less but was a new environment. People said I was crazy for doing that, but I just wanted to move on I guess.

Metaphysics/Philosophy/Life

When I'm not busy or anything I constantly think about reality,life, purpose. I really love to watch documentaries about consciousness,metaphysics, nature, life, the universe. When I was younger I was asking the 'big' questions too much, upon to the point where it almost drove me crazy. I also had a period of time where I thought I suffered derealization. I think my brain went into overload because I couldn't apply logic to what I was thinking (which was weird shit haha).

Care for people
I really don't care for 99% of the people, only loved ones and family. When I move on to something new I totally forget about the friends I made there and don't even look back once. I also have no to little guild. I also tend to be a little narcisitic haha ;).

Interested in people
I love to lie to people just to see how they react. I do this alot, first I convince people I'm really speaking the truth too see their reaction, afterwards I have a hard time convincing them it was a joke to just see how they reacted. Also, body language, personality etc really interest me. Basicly what makes the people tick!

Hugging/Touching
I love to hug and touch people whom I close to when they are near. This is something which I believe is not common for ENTP´s? I recently realised I really do this alot. Just a tap on the shoulder, a hug, physical contact.

Debating
I like to debate I suppose. I am open minded and usually come up with arguments for both people involved. But here is the thing. When I am debating with this guy who is 97% an ENTJ, I usually get really pissed off. He is very narrow minded and isn't open to new ideas.The ENTJ has his own idea about how a project should go, I come up with a ton of ideas but he doesn't stop arguing for his own idea. He is also very aggresive about it ( it seems ), but when I told him that he said it isn't intended that way. At some point I think its pointless to talk to this guy and stop debating, because I feel I'm gonna get really angry and might attack him. This doesn't sound very ENTP like to me?

I´m really curious what u guys think about this.

·
Registered
85 Posts
seems very similar to me! What do you consider typical ENFP things in the above list? Remember MBTI isn't black and white, some people have higher thinking %s than others, you might be more balanced, hence the ambiguity :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
seems very similar to me! What do you consider typical ENFP things in the above list? Remember MBTI isn't black and white, some people have higher thinking %s than others, you might be more balanced, hence the ambiguity :)
Thanks for your response! I think the hugging and touching stuff, my people skills, and the seek for meaning in life.

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
You're an ENTP alright.

Now you just need to find out your enneagram. I would bet it is 7.

And please, stop writing u when you mean you
dude right?

ENTP's have Fe, so I wouldn't attribute people skills to ENFP.

you sound like an ENTP 7w8.

Reactions: DiamondDays

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Not much is drawing a line between ENTP and ESTP for me here. Either you are an ENTP (think delicious strawberry muffin), but a lack-luster one (think strawberry muffin with only the stump), or you're an ESTP, which is worse, but fortunately you'll never see why.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts