Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll start. Marty and Rick Leguainia?

The dudes that do "The Curse of Oak Island", grown ass men doing treasure hunting. Omg. Could you imagine a fan base that was like, "I dig it?" Haha! those should be their shirts. I have a mini crush on those peeps. Who are your unusual crushes?

·
Retired Administrator
18,679 Posts
haha

I had a crush on Nathaniel Hawthorne.

Maybe it is because he seemed romantic at heart, sympathetic, but also aware of humanity and the world's flaws (as well as the problems of trying to transcend, escape, or rise above them?) But he also seemed conflicted and introspective.

But I doubt I would have gotten along with him because he was kind of a sexist. At the same time, some of his writing seemed sympathetic to the vulnerability and the double standards put on women. idk

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
haha

I had a crush on Nathaniel Hawthorne.

Maybe it is because he seemed romantic at heart, sympathetic, but also aware of humanity and the world's flaws (as well as the problems of trying to transcend, escape, or rise above them?) But he also seemed conflicted and introspective.

But I doubt I would have gotten along with him because he was kind of a sexist. At the same time, some of his writing seemed sympathetic to the vulnerability and the double standards put on women. idk
Lol! I was always envious of the Curie's relationship. :) NERD ALERT!

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
IDK, they are usually not unusual to me

but to name one, this young-ish reverend guy, who went 'people usually call me professor :3' (because he presumably has several degrees from some presumably educational facility) and proceeded to look uncomfortable for the rest of the conversation

'pretty tasty, if you like whole wheat'

·
Registered
18 Posts
My partner says I always go for guys who are "the human equivalent of a billy goat" so, does that tell you anything? I don't really think my attractions are "unusual" in-so-much as I don't tend to like "pretty" guys. I like guys who are a a bit more unrefined, rougher, have a bit of grit. Ellis from Left 4 Dead 2 is a great example of my type. Or when I was a teenager I had a weird thing for Shaggy from Scooby-Doo.

·
Retired Administrator
18,679 Posts
I realize it's no longer acceptable to say things like, "Nerd alert," anymore. I apologize.
I think it's fine. If anything, nerds have become a lot more socially acceptable (or at least the popular concept of it like with Big Bang Theory) since when I was a kid (just like glasses...are actually fashion accessories now?)

I just read a romantic Nathaniel Hawthorne quote:

"Caresses, expressions of one sort or another, are necessary to the life of the affections as leaves are to the life of a tree. If they are wholly restrained, love will die at the roots." -- Nathaniel Hawthorne

OK Nathaniel, you could just ASK--no need to be so dramatic (I'm joking--but I do think it's true)--I think he sort of struggled between self-restraint and that desire to transcend the physical (his wife was also involved with Transcendentalism and he knew transcendentalists too though I mean it more in a puritanical way) and accepting the flaws as part of the tragic beauty of the physical world. Or at least that's a theme in his writing? Idk

·
Premium Member
4,593 Posts
No crush atm, and anyways I don't get crushes on famous people that I'll never get to know in person.

·
Registered
ENTP 2w1 sx/so
867 Posts
Marge Simpson. Her blue hair is so beautiful. It is hopeless though. She would never leave Homer.
Thelma Evans on "Good Times" was my early teen crush.
Cartoon Sleeve Gesture Yellow Art
Hair Face Lip Lipstick Street fashion

·
Premium Member
4,593 Posts
Okay, okay. I admit I have a crush on the little pet creature that sits next to Jabba the Hutt in Return of the Jedi. No, I don't mean Princess Leia! That would just be weird.

·
Registered
INFJ 1w2, 2w1, 5w4 Sx/So
897 Posts
Biggest teen crush: Marty McFly from Back to the future (also the best movie ever) 😂

·
Registered
ENTP 2w1 sx/so
867 Posts
Okay, okay. I admit I have a crush on the little pet creature that sits next to Jabba the Hutt in Return of the Jedi. No, I don't mean Princess Leia! That would just be weird.
Right? I apologize if this image is to erotic for you.
Toy Fawn Terrestrial animal Art Tail

·
Premium Member
4,593 Posts
  • Haha
Reactions: Mark R

·
Registered
INFJ 1w2, 2w1, 5w4 Sx/So
897 Posts
  • Haha
Reactions: Mark R

·
Premium Member
4,593 Posts
You got me. Maybe I have some kind of hair fetish.
You laughed, but I was serious. I like big afros on Black people. I think Black women should do that a lot more often, and its a lot sexier than putting all those harmful chemicals in their hair.

·
Registered
15,932 Posts
Unsure if it’s unusual but I have a crush on Ralph Waldo Emerson , Nicola Tesla and Leonardo Da Vinci

Weird crushes on people who are still alive Jesse Eisenberg , Billy Crystal and Noam Chomsky

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: WickerDeer

·
Registered
ENTP 2w1 sx/so
867 Posts
You laughed, but I was serious. I like big afros on Black people. I think Black women should do that a lot more often, and its a lot sexier than putting all those harmful chemicals in their hair.
Though I'm white, I've rarely dated (or married) other than black women. Maybe BernNadette Stanis (Thelma) forever affected my perception of beauty at an impressionable age. My ex-wife of a 17-year marriage is black, and I have a mixed-race son. I do love big natural hair too, but I have heard that it is considered less professional by society. It does take a lot of care, and natural conditioning products are expensive.

This is an unusual tangent, but maybe some forum members of African ancestry have some insights why natural hair isn't more popular.

Reactions: Ock
1 - 20 of 44 Posts