Personality Cafe banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
2,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading about the article on here about "Introverted sensors Inferior Ne", I pondered,as a kid, I conjured some weird ideas about how things work. Has anyone else done this as a kid? You don't have to be an ISFJ, to reply. It doesn't even have to be inferior Ne...I don't even know for sure if this is inferior Ne. But, yeah, that was a great article...I still come to weird conclusions or imaginations to this day all too often. These things usually cause anxiety.

One thing I imagined as a kid was that girls could hear or feel my inner head and thoughts....in a very specific way, not just in general, but if they sat beside me with their ears aligned with mine. And as a result of me being kind of in my mind a lot, it bothered me that they could do this. Also, I worried specifically if it was a girl I liked and I was thinking thoughts that were just about liking the girl. Oddly enough, this psychic ability was just for girls according to my made up rules. Wow!

It's your turn, if you dare!

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
This is kind of a neat site to find things like that. Except it's just about people in general, not ISFJs, so it's not really related to inferior Ne.

the childhood beliefs site - I Used To Believe

I think kids in general have strong imaginations and like to imagine all kinds of goofy things to make them feel better or to entertain themselves.

Reactions: Hollow Man

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I used to believe that apple and rhubarb was really octopus' brains after my big sister told me.... to this day I know they are not but I am still suspicious of it.

I used to spend a lot of time in my imagination, with my big INTJ sister we created massive and beautiful worlds, shared mental images, One of the things we would do before bed (we shared a room) was get out our imaginary key, open the draw in our foreheads and we would think of the things we wanted to dream about and put them in the draw, or if It was a nightmare we wanted to get rid of we would take it out. looking back I don't remember if I actually believed if it worked.

·
Registered
914 Posts
I love stuff like this :p . I`d for the most part listen to oldies on the radio, and watch old TV shows (Get Smart, Gilligans Island etc) on TV. I used to think this was the stuff actually out there, being made. not really a far leap. I listened to the 90s stuff too which I figured was being made out there too.
Im sure there is more. Id make assupmtions about levels in video games, I still do. its probably something everyone does, just thinking its a certain way when you arent familiar. I remember Donkey kong 64, I was confused since it was 3D, thinking the blue level with the water, was upside down :O
I`ll post more when I think of em

Miriamisfj - I like your sig. Speaks to me, and reminds me of the "Stickerbrush Symphony"

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
My theory about sex(gender) was that girls had penises, but they snapped off.

I also thought that people could read my thoughts - this was partially inspired by an old friend telling me she could read my thoughts -, and had cameras installed into mirrors.

·
Banned
2,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here's one my sister (IXFJ) believed...she believed that the offering during church was left outside after it was collected. And then God or Jesus (I forget who it was exactly) came from the sky and picked it up. It makes sense in a way to see it this way. I remember visualizing this when I heard about it.

As a kid, I used to like to draw my own frames of video-game levels. I wasn't very good at it, but it was rather entertaining and based on the video-games I played like Mega Man or Mario or whatever 2D side-scroller. Later too, I liked to make my own fake road maps too or at a smaller scale (geographically) my own globes or maps. This was my way of entertaining myself. Specifically giving names to things or what was around was entertaining. There wasn't any meaning or use...it was just fun...Sim City probably influenced this. I also got called a nintendo nerd by my cousins at times. :X That was before I knew being a nerd or geek was cool too.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Here's one my sister (IXFJ) believed...she believed that the offering during church was left outside after it was collected. And then God or Jesus (I forget who it was exactly) came from the sky and picked it up. It makes sense in a way to see it this way. I remember visualizing this when I heard about it.
I'd bet I had weird beliefs as a child for somewhat short periods due to taking things literally, haha.
I think I liked age of empires in the way you contrusted your world the best - I always wanted more control than it could give me - intricately make your own natural world and then see the civilisations evolve due to the precise way you made it.

I remember I used to think that monsters were at the end of my duvet when it was covering me, so I avoided putting my head down where my feet would go. Inspired by my brother.

·
Registered
914 Posts
lol, me and my brothers would draw level designs too. Mostly my one brother but still, cool stuff.

Remembered another one. Movies. I always thought, everything was real. Like, westerns were filmed when the world was established like that. I always thought it was weird that westerns from the 60s and stuff had color, where as more technologically advanced movies from the 40s and stuff were black and white. :p I also thought things like lightsabers were real or something, now looking back they look so fake lol. Also TV shows as Ive mentioned before. I thought were being filmed. I thought that Star Trek TNG were being filmed every week and put out once completed (maybe this is how it worked when they were actually coming out, I have no idea :p) I thought space ships were real too. Basically I thought it was all real lol

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
One thing I imagined as a kid was that girls could hear or feel my inner head and thoughts....in a very specific way, not just in general, but if they sat beside me with their ears aligned with mine. And as a result of me being kind of in my mind a lot, it bothered me that they could do this. Also, I worried specifically if it was a girl I liked and I was thinking thoughts that were just about liking the girl. Oddly enough, this psychic ability was just for girls according to my made up rules. Wow!
Y'know, as an adult, that could really come in handy.....

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
I used to believe that apple and rhubarb was really octopus' brains after my big sister told me.... to this day I know they are not but I am still suspicious of it.
That's actually going to make rhubarb pie taste so much better the next time I eat it :) Who knew octopus' brains tasted so sweet?

I used to spend a lot of time in my imagination, with my big INTJ sister we created massive and beautiful worlds, shared mental images, One of the things we would do before bed (we shared a room) was get out our imaginary key, open the draw in our foreheads and we would think of the things we wanted to dream about and put them in the draw, or if It was a nightmare we wanted to get rid of we would take it out. looking back I don't remember if I actually believed if it worked.
That. Is. Awesome!

·
Registered
175 Posts
I always felt like people could read my thoughts if they were touching me. I still don't like it when I'm touching someone while sitting down to watch a movie. I guess the preference just stuck, even though I know better now, lol. I also thought that running a stop sign could get you thrown into prison.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
In the beginning of Great Expectations by Charles Dickens, Magwitch (Pip's convict) threatens Pip, saying he has a friend who cut out little boys' hearts. I knew that wasn't true, but after reading that, I always thought there was a convict hiding under my bed, waiting to cut out my heart. I was pretty small back then.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.