Personality Cafe banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For example when I want to think about a lot that has happened, especially after a stressful day, I like to go for a walk ALONE where there is no body around and minimal 'man-made' stuff. I can really focus, yet at the same time loose myself in a way that I can't explain (But that's just me - I can never think of the right words to explain these things)

What do you do when you need to 'unwind'

·
Registered
50 Posts
I open a new Google text document and I write and write without ever looking at grammar, spelling or structure. I write until I run out of thoughts or ways of expressing them. sometimes I write so much that I realize "no wonder I was this upset!"

going on a walk helps too. I get exhausted and I can't get too sad or too angry anymore.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't do it us much as going out for a walk (or even just staring in to space) but i sometimes write in a journal.

Reactions: shaddie

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
I tend to gravitate somewhere with good friends and better bud. It's not the high I find relaxing, but more or less the good times. I don't really think much about my problems then... I do that most of the time anyway.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Find somewhere quiet, and just fall back into my regular calmness. Processing for the first few minutes helps, i think to an extent I give myself advice as I would to someone who was feeling the same. Detaching and seeing something as a 3rd person helps me to no end.

Walking with my headphones in up loud works great too if I want to zone out.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Walking with my headphones in up loud works great too if I want to zone out.
That's a good idea too. although for me in that state of mind, there are only a few songs from my collection that I like to listen to.

·
Banned
327 Posts
I sit on my bed or the couch, turn the television on for a sort of background noise, and think.

Reactions: shaddie

·
Registered
325 Posts
I have noticed a pattern among INFJs on their unusual ways of unwinding and relaxing. Nature walks, laying on bed while staring at the ceiling, room as to be dimmed with only a soft yellow light off a far corner as the only source of illumination, etc.
I know personality type is just an inconcrete mode of social classification, but we're almost as if we're one solid sort of species exhibiting almost "exclusive" behavioural patterns. lols
(and yes I do acknowledge that other personality types do these practices as well, but you know what I mean. :3)

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
an old cliche....but I really do count my blessings, one by one.

Reactions: Vivid Melody

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I sit on my bed or the couch, turn the television on for a sort of background noise, and think.
Good one too.....Untill one of those annoying/distracting/loud ads comes on.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Internet. Preferably reading one of the blogs I follow, or playing a mindless puzzle game. And music. Always music. I stay away from forums, when I want to unwind, as they take too much effort. Going for a walk doesn't really relax me, but sitting outside, just looking/zoning out does. Re-reading a good book also works. Mostly being by myself with a little bit of mental stimulation.

·
Banned
158 Posts
I like to spin around in my swivel chair in front of the computer. Eyes closed. Headphones on and Tchaikovsky blasting in my ears so that thinking is pretty much impossible and undesirable. Actually, any music that either has lyrics I can't understand or no lyrics at all will do.

Reactions: Vivid Melody
1 - 17 of 17 Posts