Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in need of trance and house that makes you feel happy or chill. I want tracks that are melodic, uplifting, and energizing. (Sorry Wubsteppers, I tend to disfavor all-bass-no-melody tracks) What are the best ones that you all know?

Here are a couple of mine, to give you an idea of what I listen to.

^Makes me feel really happy. I can imagine this being a romantic track.

^This is an all-time classic favorite if mine. Takes me back to my last year of high school.

^A very chill track for driving in the night.

^Shares a mood similar to the first song I put up.

^Good god, this gives me shivers.

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
I can't exactly link you any right now, and my flash plugin crashed but if you search for "Melody From Heaven" on youtube its most delightful.
I also enjoy "Drop (Time of your Life)" and "Crying Soul". Those are definitely some amazing trance tracks.

Twitch

·
Registered
191 Posts
"Monkey Island" by Banana Inc. (I prefer the radio edit)
"If I Could Be You" by DJ Dean
"Counting Down the Days (Cascada Radio Remix)" by Italobrothers
"Bounce" by Tune Up! (again, I prefer the radio edit)
"Melody from Heaven" by DJ Contracreast
"Seven Cities (Atlantis Mix)" by Solar Stone

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hm, I'd say that these are more techno tracks than trance. They aren't bad, but they're not the types of songs that I was looking for. :blushed:

·
Registered
163 Posts
Hmm idk if you're looking for this type but here are some I really enjoy listening to.

(House Rulez--City Lights N Seoul)

(House Rulez--37th Avenue)

(FPM--Beautiful Days)

Also The Sound Defects. They aren't exactly electronica? I'm really bad at genres. But they are really amazing. Really give them a listen.

(The Sound Defects--Angels)

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh my...I'm particularly fond of the first and third tracks.
It's got that funky house/disco/lounge feel. :D
Perhaps I have some new cruising music. (Adding some new vocabulary to my ever-expanding dictionary...)

·
Banned
7,928 Posts
Hm, I'd say that these are more techno tracks than trance. They aren't bad, but they're not the types of songs that I was looking for. :blushed:

Okay, I've got to ask: Am I the only person who doesn't have a clue how to differentiate between the various forms of electronic music?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Okay, I've got to ask: Am I the only person who doesn't have a clue how to differentiate between the various forms of electronic music?
Hehehe, no, you don't develop an ear for differentiation between genres until you've had enough experience.
Telling apart trance from techno is like rock vs metal for beginning listeners. :p Listen to some podcasts of trance, and then techno, and you'll hear the difference.

PS: And just to let you know, trance spawned from techno, so it's understandable that they can be hard to tell apart from each other.

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
How is Melody From Heaven not lifting? :tongue:
What about Beautiful Day by DJ Melodie?
:p

Twitch

·
Registered
486 Posts
Here are some tracks I that I enjoy in the same general vacinity of what you might be looking for. If you have a taste for a more progressive house/chillstep/ambient music, I can help you out much more. :)

-This song is so majestic to me. Wait until the end for it. ^_^

-Very chill. Introspective mood is required. May not be to your liking.

M83 - Outro (Praun Bootleg Remix) by Praun on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free
-Simple, but very fun.

-Not house at all, but is a very elegant track.

-Short and sweet trance track.

-I've always enjoyed this one.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
How is Melody From Heaven not lifting? :tongue:
What about Beautiful Day by DJ Melodie?
:p

Twitch
I'm good with Melody from Heaven, yes. :D It is uplifting, but not something I'd go driving to. :3

All in all though, I tend to prefer heavily layered tracks...techno is almost minimalist, the pure simpler forms of the old days (Huhuhu, like Better Off Alone by Alice DJ. I do enjoy a good techno track from time to time).
@Cloudlight:
[1] I heard Teenage Crime on a TATW podcast while driving to school once...yum.
[2] ID is a nice one too!
[3] Introspective nature eh? I've got Fi too ya know. :) I COUNTER WITH THIS:

[4] Kaleidoscope...I like Morning Star as well. :D
[5] "If you have a taste for a more progressive house/chillstep/ambient music, I can help you out much more. :)" Bring it. c:

Reactions: Cloudlight

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
I'm good with Melody from Heaven, yes. :D It is uplifting, but not something I'd go driving to. :3

All in all though, I tend to prefer heavily layered tracks...techno is almost minimalist, the pure simpler forms of the old days (Huhuhu, like Better Off Alone by Alice DJ. I do enjoy a good techno track from time to time).
Gotcha.
Better Off Alone deserves recognition on every level as an amazing techno song. Whether you like techno or not, its a great song. I suggest you try some of DJ Splash and DJ Raaban. Lots of good multilayered trance and techno.

Twitch

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
And ah, I will toss a couple more tracks into the mix!

^Definitely was one of my all time chill night driving tracks.

^A happy track that sounds like Alesso's remix of "Pressure".

^A song I listened to while recovering from a breakup. It was nice.

^From Tiesto's Club Life 026. The song before that (Ralphie B's "Massive" is also gasmic. It transitions right into this track wonderfully.)

^This one is for the bronies too. Archie is a professional producer who just happens to love ponies. 8D The build-up is lovely.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey, I'm quite liking that second song. All it needs is a remix to bring up the bass. It has a lot of potential. :D

·
Registered
278 Posts

Those are just two of my favourites right now! Who are your favourite few artists? Do you prefer vocal or non-vocal? :p

Reactions: KINGoftheAMAZONS

·
Registered
1,603 Posts

Just about any/all of Hybrid's tracks are fantastic. They seem to be a cross between progressive trance and house, with a fair amount of big beat to boost. F*cking amazing to hear with or without bass, in my opinion - just wear thick headphones, set to stereo, find an HD version of the song (buy the albums, if you can find them), then try to lucid dream. Who needs movies when this kind of music spurs the imagination to such heights?

Sorry about that; my Ne is tingling with anticipation again.

Reactions: KINGoftheAMAZONS

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Here's some "soft" uplifting trance for a more mellow car ride. Be careful though, because the music might make you involuntarily close your eyes in pure ecstasy ;)

Listen to the breakdown of this song. It's breathtakingly beautiful. Like it wasn't even made on Earth.

This third song is beautifully melodic and relaxing. And it only gets better when the vocal track comes in.

Sub to Myagi1978 on youtube. He always makes the best compilations of various different types of Trance. Here's one of his videos.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
I really love that Liminary track @affinity :) It's gorgeous!

Reactions: affinity
1 - 20 of 25 Posts