Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tomorrow I have two interviews, and I'm very indecisive on which place I should work at; it's between working at:

1) An independently owned coffee bar/café.. it's a smaller, intimate place with a positive atmosphere. I will start out on register, and then they will gradually teach me how to make all the coffees, sandwiches etc.

2) A chain outdoor store; think REI, only not as widespread. It's also a smaller store, but definitely bigger than the coffee place. I'll probably be a sales associate/cashier.

They are like one block away from each other, so distance isn't a factor.

I've worked both before; I've done jobs where I have to work with food, clean etc.. and I've also done jobs in retail.

For some reason, I cannot decide; I didn't expect both to contact me for an interview!

My main qualities I want is:

1) A positive place to work where I can help customers, but also have my own space
2) A place that will benefit me going forward; if I move etc, to have some valuable experience that can help me get other jobs.

These aren't long-term jobs; but it's very important that I find somewhere I enjoy working at.. my current job just drags on and I can't wait to leave everytime I work. I'm in a tough season in life, so this is important that I find somewhere uplifting.

Just looking for some advice, to bounce some ideas around etc

·
Registered
ISFJ
5,197 Posts
Tomorrow I have two interviews, and I'm very indecisive on which place I should work at; it's between working at:

1) An independently owned coffee bar/café.. it's a smaller, intimate place with a positive atmosphere. I will start out on register, and then they will gradually teach me how to make all the coffees, sandwiches etc.

2) A chain outdoor store; think REI, only not as widespread. It's also a smaller store, but definitely bigger than the coffee place. I'll probably be a sales associate/cashier.

They are like one block away from each other, so distance isn't a factor.

I've worked both before; I've done jobs where I have to work with food, clean etc.. and I've also done jobs in retail.

For some reason, I cannot decide; I didn't expect both to contact me for an interview!

My main qualities I want is:

1) A positive place to work where I can help customers, but also have my own space
2) A place that will benefit me going forward; if I move etc, to have some valuable experience that can help me get other jobs.

These aren't long-term jobs; but it's very important that I find somewhere I enjoy working at.. my current job just drags on and I can't wait to leave everytime I work. I'm in a tough season in life, so this is important that I find somewhere uplifting.

Just looking for some advice, to bounce some ideas around etc
i've worked as a coffee server before. it's not bad. the aroma of fresh brewed coffee all day.. getting tips... not a bad job. i had to go in super early though, so hours they want you to work might be a consideration, but working retail sounds pretty dull to me personally. if you want something less boring i'd go with the cafe job. you will likely be more active which makes the day go by way quicker and sounds more fun too. i wouldn't say you would have your own space though. you will likely be working alongside others in close proximity all day. i think either job will look good on a resume depending on how long you are there for. you said you've done both before. which job did you like going to better?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts